Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
OT: Steve Irwin the Crocodile hunter killed...
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2006 Index

Posted by Ndwa on 9/4/06 2:11am
Msg #143298

Full story below.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/asiapcf/09/04/australia.irwin/index.html

Reply by BrendaTx on 9/4/06 8:41am
Msg #143309

I submit that Andy must be a good daddy who watches TV with his sons. Children loved the shows with Irwin in them.

Reply by Kirod9jx on 9/4/06 8:54am
Msg #143312

Wow this is so upsetting. My five year old has grown up watching him. My husband was actually "The Crocodile Hunter" for halloween and my son was the "Crocodile" when he was 8 months old.
Sad.

Reply by LkArrowhd/CA on 9/4/06 9:09am
Msg #143314

Re: OT: This is sad and even more so for his family

and the little ones that watch him, of all of his adventures I didn't expect him to be taken this way.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 9/4/06 9:11am
Msg #143315

Re: OT: This is sad and even more so for his family

It is sad, one would have thought if he were in an accident it would have been with a crocodile. What a freak accident. And he has left those two small children behind. Such a tragedy.

Reply by SarahBeth_CA on 9/4/06 1:43pm
Msg #143355

I loved watching The Crocodile Hunter

with the kids. It is a sad day.

Reply by christiSocal on 9/4/06 2:30pm
Msg #143359

It's not just little kids who loved watching him

My "little boys" always loved seeing him, especially my 22 year old! My heart goes out for his family too. He's got an 8 year old daughter and a 3 year old son who will have to watch his tv shows to see what a special dad they had. Very sad.

Reply by BrendaTx on 9/4/06 3:28pm
Msg #143363

OT - Call me crazy, but it seems like last year he gave

a tear jerking talk on his dad's death. Does anyone remember that show?

Reply by Ndwa on 9/4/06 3:59pm
Msg #143365

Re: It's not just little kids who loved watching him

We sure will missed him on The Animal Planet channel. His tragedy made me think I'm lucky to be alive now. My families are borned fisherman's. I do remember (at age 7) gotten whipped and stung on the leg by it's barb while playing with what I thought it was a dead fish on the ground. I remember hearing story about how the communist uses stingray tail as a whip for torturing. If you read about stingray, it's tail/bard is packed with a deadly venom.

Not just a sad day, but sad memories as well.

Reply by BrendaTx on 9/4/06 4:29pm
Msg #143370

Re: It's not just little kids who loved watching him

**playing with what I thought it was a dead fish on the ground**

Andy, not to make light of Irwin, or the sad memories, but you sound like you had as many toys as I did! LOL. You would not believe (or maybe you would) the imagination a child develops when they have no, or few, toys.

When children have nothing left to the imagination...where will we get our art, our songs, our poems, our stories, and our inventions?

Smile

Reply by BrendaTx on 9/4/06 4:31pm
Msg #143371

Re: It's not just little kids who loved watching him Nd

**gotten whipped and stung on the leg by it's barb**

Were you at the edge of the water? Was it still alive? I am not trying to be funny, just trying to get a picture in my mind.

Reply by Ndwa on 9/4/06 4:52pm
Msg #143381

Re: Brenda

That fish was caught and had been unloaded from the boat to land. I poke it with a stick and it got me. It was painful.

Reply by BrendaTx on 9/4/06 5:05pm
Msg #143387

Re: Brenda

I see. You know...when I was a child on the beach with my family, I remember seeing another child crying after being stung by a jellyfish, or a man-o-war. It scared me pretty bad about things from the ocean. I would assume you do not care to dive.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.