Notary Rotary
OT: Update on Taylor Gauthier
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2006 Index

Posted by Laura Upton on 9/24/06 10:00pm
Msg #148297

hello all. A few days ago i posted an OT please pray for my friends daughter. Taylor is 6 years old; and has a rare bone disease. I have gotten some more details over the past week, and now know specifically what to pray for. Please continue to help me in praying for the family, I do appreciate knowing that i have 'family' all over the country praying. Our God is a mighty God!

Taylors parents (my friends, Dan &Laura) had taken her to the doctors over the past year for pain in her legs; and the doctors dismissed it as 'growing pains'. Taylor was diagnosed 2 weeks ago with a rare form of bone cancer; after being rushed to the ER for her hip bothering her and the child screaming in pain. Somehow an ER person found the cancer that the doctors had missed; and now Taylor is terminal. The only thing they are able to do is manage Taylor's pain; and make her comfortable.

Taylor had 5 days of chemo this past week; to slow the cancer down, and hopefully give her some more time. It is a very aggressive form of cancer; and it is advanced. She seems to be responding well to the chemo, and was able to be taken outside yesterday. I went down yesterday to the family's house to see if i could help out. they werent home, but had left me a note...lol! i weeded out a garden for them. I figure if i can help out any way i can; its less for them to worry about. The family has set up a website: PRINCESSTAYLOR.ORG for info on her; and if you scroll down to the bottom there is a daily blog available for reading.

Prayers are working people! Please keep praying. the doctor apparently is surprised about Taylors spirits and how she is handling things. I believe it is our prayers. There still is no cure, but God is a mighty God and can provide a miracle. thank you all for praying for my friends daughter. Please keep the family in your prayers. God bless to you all, laura upton

Reply by Brenda/CA on 9/24/06 10:40pm
Msg #148302

Laura,
You are such a good friend to this family. I went to Taylor's blog and posted a message for the family. I will continue to keep her in my thoughts and prayers. Thank you for the update.
Brenda

Reply by TitleGalCA on 9/24/06 10:46pm
Msg #148303

Laura, Bless you. I will continue to say prayers

And thanks to you for making the request.

My first feeling is anger toward the doctor..."growing pains"? that thought is about 30 years outdated at best. Poor baby was terminal and some uninterested HMO doctors called it "growing pains". Disgusting.

Still you are right about God being a Mighty God! Count me in and again, thanks.

Reply by cassiewi on 9/24/06 11:58pm
Msg #148313

My prayers and thoughts are with Taylor, her family and you. God Bless.

Reply by MistarellaFL on 9/25/06 6:56am
Msg #148315

Laura, Taylor and her family are in my prayers.
I tried to go to the website via the address you provided, but was unable to.
Would you check and make sure the address is correct?

Reply by Laura Upton on 9/25/06 7:17am
Msg #148318

Re: OT: www.princesstaylor.org

Its there! and thank you for those who are leaving msgs for the family!

I understand the frustration about the 'growing pains'. I cant imagine what the parents are feeling, so please pray for everyone! thank you so much! laura

Reply by Gary_CA on 9/25/06 8:45am
Msg #148329

Hmmm are there 10 or 15 Notaries that think like I do????

That $100 to sponsor a hole on the other side of the continent doesn't fit into my budget... but it'd be really cool to have a hole from NotRot (unofficial unless Harry says otherwise) and that if Laura would collect the funds I'm in for $10

???????

Reply by cassiewi on 9/25/06 8:51am
Msg #148330

I'm up for that. Count me in. n/m

Reply by Laura Upton on 9/25/06 9:12am
Msg #148336

Re: Hmmm are there 10 or 15 Notaries that think like I do???

Wow! that didnt even occur to me! you guys are awesome! let me figure out how to collect the money; and then we can sponsor a hole. and THANKYOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

God Bless you all! Laura

Reply by Laura Upton on 9/25/06 11:35am
Msg #148360

Re:Paypal acct set up:

Hi everyone! thank you so very much from the bottom of my heart for those of you who want to help sponsor a hole for the Tee off For Taylor. You people on this website amaze me with your generosity. I have set up a paypal account;(the name on the account is Laura Smith - my old married name, but i cant figure out how to change the name on the account.)

please use the email address [e-mail address]. and again. I cant express how much this means to me, you are truly all God's angels. Thank you. Hugs to all, laura

Reply by cassiewi on 9/25/06 11:41am
Msg #148362

You have mail!

You're very welcome!

Reply by Laura Upton on 9/25/06 11:43am
Msg #148363

Re: You have mail!

Cassie,

thank you so much! you are such a wonderful person. once again, i am speechless...and believe me, that is hard for me to be. lol! thank you! laura

Reply by SueW/Tn on 9/25/06 10:07am
Msg #148347

I'm in, I'll watch the board to see if we can get this going n/m

Reply by Laura Upton on 9/25/06 1:21pm
Msg #148378

Re: I'm in, I'll watch the board to see if we can get this g

Thank you so much! I cannot begin to tell you how much your generosity and prayers mean to me and the family. thank you so much. God Bless, laura

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.