Notary Rotary
OT sheriffs dept.
Notary Discussion History

OT sheriffs dept.
Go Back to September, 2006 Index

Posted by Jeanne/ca on 9/16/06 6:21pm
Msg #146547

OT sheriffs dept.

Hi all! I PASSED! Yea! So now I have to start the background process. I need to get high school transcripts, a credit report and a BIG stack of papers to filled out. Then I have my last interview with the background investigator Oct. 2 then a physical then my training. And for those who asked where I am coming from, its Ridgecrest, middle of nowhere in the desert long drive to Bakersfield.

Reply by Joy223 on 9/16/06 6:30pm
Msg #146549

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S ! ! !

Reply by Dorothy_MI on 9/16/06 8:02pm
Msg #146558

For Joy

Joy - email me please. Thanks. Dotti

Reply by LkArrowhd/CA on 9/16/06 6:38pm
Msg #146551

Re: OT sheriffs dept. Wonderful Jeanne special

Congratulations to you......

Reply by christiSocal on 9/16/06 7:36pm
Msg #146556

Re: OT sheriffs dept. Wonderful Jeanne special

Thats great! My next door neighbors son started training last wednesday. It seems like a lonnng drawn out process, but I guess it should be. Hey, you can get a notary badge to wear with your new badge! Wouldn't that look cute! Wink

Reply by Jeanne/ca on 9/16/06 8:29pm
Msg #146559

Thanks for the kind words everyone! n/m

Reply by Life Saving Services - Doug on 9/16/06 8:45pm
Msg #146560

Hey, Party at Jeanne's House

Hey everyone sounds like a celebration is in order. Party at Jeanne's house.

Congradulations

Reply by Elizabeth Soliday on 9/16/06 9:04pm
Msg #146563

So what is your job going to be?

Congratulations! I wish you well, it's always exciting to start a new career.

Reply by Jeanne/ca on 9/16/06 9:57pm
Msg #146568

Re: So what is your job going to be?

I will start out working at the kern county jail for 6 mo to a year from what I was told and then I will move to patrol. I am working towards being a detective but we'll see how things go once I get in. Smile ....Boy do I wish I could have a party, but all the stress and no sleep last night would have made me a real dud tonight! Lol

Reply by LkArrowhd/CA on 9/17/06 10:01am
Msg #146590

Re: Jeanne just out of curiosity what is your family

situation, married and small children? I assume you may be young, somewhere in the 30's? I'm not sure why I think in terms of a male doing this profession and have no concerns with his family dynamics but a woman I question her immediate family issues such as little ones at home, are you married and if so is her hubby in this profession, did he or other family members encourage this profession. Often there will be a family in law inforcement. If I'm being too nosy just tell me to mind my business....
I like the idea of moving into the area of detective work......I think that could be so interesting. You have a exciting career ahead of you........once again best of luck to you with your future......

Reply by Ernest__CT on 9/17/06 6:42am
Msg #146588

Congratulations! Keep us posted, please. n/m

Reply by SarahBeth_CA on 9/17/06 10:49am
Msg #146592

Re: Congrats Jeanne

Great accomplishment. I too am interested in the family dynamic if you wouldn't mind sharing.

Reply by Jeanne/ca on 9/17/06 11:56am
Msg #146596

Re: Congrats Jeanne

yes I am married and yes I have kids. I have always been interested in becoming sheriffs detective but my husband and I were married when we were very young and started having children right away which put becoming a sheriff impossible at the time. Now that the kids are getting a little older my husband and I after LONG discussions felt that it was a good time now to try. Everyone in my family, aside from my mother (she's old fashioned and believes that's a mans job and that women should be teachers, nurses or stay at home moms) is very supportive of my decisions.

Reply by LkArrowhd/CA on 9/17/06 12:01pm
Msg #146598

Re: Jeanne sounds wonderful and full plan in force.

I don't think of this profession as only for a man but I guess I do tend to think in terms of the needs of our children when small as falling more on moms then dads.......I remember when mine were little tikes and I was the one to do it all, hubby spent long hours at work and even though I always worked for the most part when kids were little it was always me that gave up whatever my interest was to raise the kidos and we were married 8 years before kidos... It is wonderful when a hubby and wife can work as a team....again I'm so excited for you.....Thanks for the feedback.....

Reply by Gary_CA on 9/17/06 12:26pm
Msg #146603

The other end of that plan...

I've got a cousin who's husband did exactly what you're doing... 20 years ago.

Saw him the other day: Oldest kid a freshman in college, younger in HS. 51, retired on 90% salary, works 20-30 hours a month on the shift he wants and the day he wants (I ran into him at a big public event he loves working). Not too shabby.

Reply by cassiewi on 9/18/06 9:00am
Msg #146698

Re: Congrats

I know I'm late, but congrats, nonetheless!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.