Notary Rotary
O/T Insight Into the Jahari drama
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2006 Index

Posted by Nicole_NCali on 9/12/06 12:43pm
Msg #145474

Jahari, this is not a post that bashes you or supports you. I think that politics, sex and religion is taboo in certain environs. I am in Northern California, the enviroment is very liberal, but unlike my neighbors, I am more moderate. I don't discuss with my liberal friends my viewpoints because this can become fuel for a debate. Most of the time, I just want to enjoy my friends for who they are and how much fun we are having right now!!

After 6 years of serving my country, both in the Gulf War and In Operation Restore Hope (Somalia) I believe that what I fought for was the "Right Of ALL Americans" to express their opinions. I read the board for Notary information, but the majority of the time, I see a bunch of crap.

I find that is is more cutting to treat people who get under your skin with "Silence" Don't take the bait, move on and move forward. This used to be the strategy when there were other trolls on this board who loved to get everyone's goat. (I am not referring to you Jahari)

I think that Jahari has a point of view, albeit this forum is not the appropriate venue for it, but he has one. I did post other forums where you can voice your political views all day long and actually have an intelligent debate about politics and world affairs.

I think that the "herd mentality" is lame. If you have a beef with him, be a man or woman and do it alone. He is linked and you can email him all of your personal views without the "aye, ayes" of followers.

I don't post often, because I spend most of my time searching for relevant Notary information. Because after all, being a notary and upholding the duties of my commission is my number one priority.

So can anyone give me a clear idea if the Insurance commissioner will be affecting closing fees on loans or not??? :-)

Reply by Jahari Davis on 9/12/06 12:46pm
Msg #145478

Wow Nicole, that was a great post!!!

I hear what you're saying. Smile

Reply by Korey Humphreys on 9/12/06 1:18pm
Msg #145489

I'd have to agree with Nicole....

that was nicely written! I do agree that discussions concerning politics, sex and religion should be kept off of this board. It would be best Jahari if you keep your views to yourself or find another board that deals with those topics. I am in no way suggesting that you can't post here...... this is a public forum and you have a right to post so long as you abide by NotRot's rules and guidelines.

With that said, I have to go wish my surrogate mommy a happy birthday because I didn't even know it was already here!!!! Sixty-two years and counting and I still haven't figured it out! NaNa

Reply by Charm_AL on 9/12/06 1:30pm
Msg #145497

Re: I'd have to agree with Nicole....

Korey! That Woman will b*tch slap you happy ifins you say 62...I just got up off the floor! Trust me.

Reply by Korey Humphreys on 9/12/06 1:56pm
Msg #145507

LOL yeah I'm waiting for it!! She hits so hard that I know I

could feel here in Massachusetts! I read your comment to her before I posted which prompted me to say sixt-two. Smile

Reply by BrendaTx on 9/12/06 2:11pm
Msg #145520

Re: LOL yeah I'm waiting for it!! She hits so hard that I know I

Korey - I am notta gonna get into that right now. I will "cap" your knee when you least expect it, sonny. LOL Thank you for the wish. I appreciate it.

Reply by Charles_Ca on 9/12/06 1:50pm
Msg #145505

In my opinion, Nicole makes some good points but I

bellieve that there are other things at play. This is a community of sorts and there are all kinds personalities aboard here as there are in any community. I think that there is also a sense of fairness in any community that becomes established. I know that Jahari has expressed his dislike for being called JJ and I respect that. I know that the community has requested that Jahari tone down the political rheretoric but he has not respected that request. I believe that the anger from the community stems from the disrespect to the community shown by continued political rhetoric especially since the rhetoric is only one way: there is no discussion from Jahari. According to what I see Jahari's attitude is if you don't buy Jahari's line then you are a fool and worthy of disdain. I have found that the community has quite a wide band of tolerance. I'm sure that the community can accommodate another person if that person wants to get along with the community and not force their views on the general community even if the person believes that the community is wrong.

Reply by Charm_AL on 9/12/06 2:01pm
Msg #145512

Charles

that is it in a nutshell....Jahari makes NO attempt to get along with this community!
It's constant force down my throat political garbage and I'm sick of it. You're right, if you don't 'praise' him you a looked upon as a fool and earn his and a few of his sock's disdain.

Reply by Nicole_NCali on 9/12/06 2:10pm
Msg #145519

Charm...

I think that Jahari is like a lot of political people, they expect that everyone be just as impassioned as they are. I think that each side both democrat and republican wants the individual to either buy in or be cast as an outsider. I, personally don't give a crap, I have bills to pay and tuition to fork over for my kids. I vote but I am not consumed. If I wanted to be consumed, I would run for an office.

(let me end this by saying)
I once again, state that with the most respect. I don't like getting into political diatribes, my views change constantly and therefore, I do most of my research quietly.

My original post was to bring us back to where the board was awhile ago when all of the anons were posting and getting regular contributors riled up. They were ignored and valuable information was being shared by the more experienced notaries.

I love the o/t jokes and when we as a "community" can pool together to help each other. I don't like the open call to figuratively kick someone's butt. It feels like a cheap gang bang and that is not what I want to believe is happening here. (this statement is for anyone who believe this applies to them)

Reply by Charm_AL on 9/12/06 2:14pm
Msg #145523

Re: Charm...

Nicole, agreed and acccepted...have a wonderful day...off to a signing, actually got docs on time Smile

Reply by BrendaTx on 9/12/06 2:09pm
Msg #145516

Well said, Charles. I agree. I too respect Jahari...I wish

he'd have respected the many requests he ignored. So many times it was ignored that I think now the anger is basically uncontainable...and for all the reasons you have mentioned.

Reply by Beth/MD on 9/12/06 2:13pm
Msg #145522

Re: Well said, Charles.

I agree with you. I have to say that the whole thing, to me, is kind of like my great-grandmother...Mom would say in her mind it was her opinion or no one's. Her favorite response was supposedly "I'm not discussing this with you. You don't know what you're talking about." The whole this is my opinion and I don't have to respect your requests reminds me of those stories. Brenda's also got a good point with the anger being uncontainable.

Reply by Brenda/CA on 9/12/06 2:47pm
Msg #145538

Very well said Charles, I totally agree n/m

Reply by Dorothy_MI on 9/12/06 1:56pm
Msg #145508

Remember a good card player

Knows when to fold, knows when to walk away and knows when to run. Just a word of advice, take it or leave it, but some things just aren't worth the fight (especially when you're outnumbered). Live to fight another day!

Reply by ReneeK_MI on 9/13/06 5:24am
Msg #145687

Absoutely - choose your battles!

Some very wise words, Dorothy =)

I have bit my own tongue enough these past few months that I'm surprised I can still eat food (trust me, I can!), but these words are just getting hard to hang onto ... oh oh .. oops, here they go ...

"It's not about what THEY do. It's about what YOU do."

Reply by hcampersFL on 9/12/06 2:10pm
Msg #145518

Nicole,
I want to say first Thank You for your service to our country.

I really do agree with you about this. I have tried to sit on my hands when there is a political post. I just don't think that they belong on the boards. I have also supported Jahari when I believed in what he was posting. The problem comes in when anyone disagrees with him. He has to "prove" his point and it starts all the bullsh!t.

My advice is don't post political threads, don't respond when you feel someone is a
dumb-a@@. Take the high road once in awhile, you might like where it leads.

This advice is for EVERYONE. Take it, don't take it. I really don't care anymore.

Beverly

Reply by TitleGalCA on 9/12/06 2:27pm
Msg #145531

Re: O/T Insight Into the Insurance Commission Drama

No, I don't think the Insurance Commissioner's agenda is going to affect notary fees.

(Thought I'd take a stab at the actual question). Wink

Reply by Nicole_NCali on 9/12/06 2:30pm
Msg #145534

Re: O/T Insight Into the Insurance Commission Drama

Thanks so much for the anwer. I just got off the phone with one Escrow officer and she was speculating the same thing.

Reply by TitleGalCA on 9/12/06 2:36pm
Msg #145536

For futher information on how CLTA is fighting this

Please look at this link:

http://www.clta.org/Regulatory/DataCall/Study/title_insurance_study-all.htm

or go to www.clta.org for much more information. It is sad that such a high ranking position in California's government relies on flawed information.

BTW....CLTA = California Land Title Association

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.