Notary Rotary
O/T Thank goodness it's Monday!
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2006 Index

Posted by Joy223/MI on 9/25/06 7:52am
Msg #148323

Why do I say this? Last night at 11pm I was making a trip to the local Walmart (20min away) to buy peroxide and baking soda. Again you might be asking why.....that is what I needed to give my dog a bath to get the skunk smell out of her. After the bath we drenched the house in fabric spray....2 different kinds. Thank goodness both worked and thank goodness it's Monday....maybe the rest of the week will go better from here on out.

Reply by PA_Notary_II on 9/25/06 8:07am
Msg #148325

Re: O/T Monday success starter

SUCCESS:

At age 4 success is . . . not piddling in your pants.
At age 12 success is . . . having friends.
At age 17 success is . . having a drivers licence.
At age 35 success is . . having money.
At age 50 success is . . . having money.
At age 70 success is . .. . having a drivers licence.
At age 75 success is . . . having friends.
At age 80 success is . . . not piddling in your pants.

Reply by Teddog/CO on 9/25/06 9:40am
Msg #148342

Skunks! Stinky stinky and hard to get rid of. Another big favorite is Porcupines , wait until you have that Thrill ! lol

Have a Great week.

Reply by kathy/ca on 9/25/06 11:36am
Msg #148361

Joy, try tomato juice, it works best! My dog gets squirted

about every month or so!

Reply by Joy223/MI on 9/25/06 12:46pm
Msg #148376

Re: Joy, try tomato juice, it works best! My dog gets squirted

HI Kathy,
Thanks for the tip but I actually found something that is suppose to be better then the tomato juice. Here is what I used:

1 pint of peroxide
1/4 cup of baking soda
2Tbls of liquid dish washing soap. (not the kind you use in dishwashers)

I mixed it all together and used it to wash her. My son and I soaped her up good and then rinsed her off. This morning all the smell was gone and her coat was nice and soft. I have extra of the stuff on hand now in case she decides she wants to bond with one again. I have always heard about the tomato juice but thought this would be less messy and less costly. It worked great.

Reply by kathy/ca on 9/25/06 2:26pm
Msg #148386

Thx Joy I will try that next time. If you put ammonia soaked

rag's strategically located in place's where the skunk's go, it will make them run the other way!

Reply by Joy223/MI on 9/25/06 4:59pm
Msg #148408

Re: Thx Joy I will try that next time. If you put ammonia soaked

OMG..I will have to try this...thanks for the tip. It comes up on our patio and eats the outside cats food. Guess the cats will only get fed in the daytime from now on.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.