Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Office looking like a tornado came in......
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2006 Index

Posted by LkArrowhd/CA on 9/9/06 1:26pm
Msg #144738

I worked all day, exhausted by the way, get a call about 2 p.m. from a private citizen to do a notarization, I tell her I will call her when I get to the bottom of the mountain to be more exact on arrival time but give her a 4:30 time frame to look at, get to the bottom of the hill at 3, give her call tell her I should be there around 3:30 as long as we don't have another fuel tanker overturn as we did last week. I reach her place at 3:30, location is on my way home, another cutie mountain home, do did my deed, need change for client, go to the car where I left my cell, only ran in client's house with briefcase to do the nasty......... Making change, oh she reads my license plate, loves it......the cell rings, it's a lender, it's almost 4, she needs a notary badly for 6 p.m. signing (it's once again right around the corner from me. No biggy, hubby will be working late (he's spying on an employee at one of his stores, word has it they may be stealing from the company). Ok I have to print docs, I can home in 5 minutes, while docs are printing I can take old dog and new pup out, this will work.
Oh fee negotiation.....so hectic the fee is discussed at the end of the phone conversation. Lender says we pay $85.00 for e-docs. I said oh that won't work, she says while it's in your backyard and I do know it's last minute....so I will pay your fee. She said but in the future our fees are as follows, 60 for over night and 85 for e-mails. I will need to put you in our system, I said well you better not because I simply can't accept that. I get the usual, you'll get more work if you lower your fees. I said if I lower my fees I 'll be paying you for the signing....are you kidding me!
Ok long story even longer, I do want to add this woman was extremely warm and friendly, very pleasant at every turn of the conversation and I understand it's only business and that is exactly how I do business, it's only business.
Now I know my area can be difficult to serve if only due to road closures in and out of the mountain and they happen for a variety of reasons, 330 is presently closed do to road damage from last years rains......
Ok she calls within 15 minutes, did you get my e-mail.....don't know I just walked in the door, when you called I was at a client's house. Well, I leave by 5 soooooooooooooooo
(she really was very nice and perhaps in a rush to leave work for who knows what reason. I say give me 15 minutes and I let you know, ok 15 later, yes got your e-mail, printing now. She says I tried to reach the borrower to tell her your coming and there is no answer, not to worry I will reach her, you can count on me, I won't disappoint you, I'll get her done.....
Lender is pleased.........thanks me over and over again.

The HE?? begins......I start to print the first 2 files, all is well.....the third file is filled with empty pages 20 empty pages to be exact, then 13 pages that were clearly scanned upside down........ I'm saying what the HE??.........
the office has pages being thrown everywhere.....this is a fri???? mess....it only gets worse but only with 2 of the files.
It's getting later I'm getting stressed, I want to call and scream at this lady and say what the HE??, I'm a swell gal but the stress is beginning to annoying me.......
I must regroup, figure this out, I call the borrower, tell them I'm having a situation, I'll be late. Oh that's ok we are just hanging out whenever you get here will be fine.
I get mess straightened out, I leave my house at 6:15, won't be too late. I arrive to a beautiful new construction home, an overly friendly Dalmatian comes to greet me, so friendly she doesn't want me to park the car because she is so busy saying hello. I open car door as I'm parking to watch out for pooch.
I walk up a few stairs and everything about this house is unique from the leaves designed in the concrete to the arrowheads on the walkway, the front door opens to a beautiful grand entrance......too pretty very woodsy and all decorated in a mountain theme, (love my mountains and anything related to them).
Borrowers are young couple, their whole life ahead of them, have a young son just 6 months old, cute as a button.....Dad real into being a great dad and mom exhausted from being a mom. She sells real estate but had taken a year off to be mom.......
Dad owns construction business and they both designed and built the house, and I mean both worked as a team, great young couple.
They sold first house they built after being in the house for 2 years, sold when the market was at it's peak, built first house for less then $200,000.00 and the sold for $700,000.00, built the current house for less then $200,000.00 thanks to their own professions and skills......
Long story even longer has anyone ever gotten docs upside down and inside out????????

Reply by Joe_PA on 9/9/06 1:38pm
Msg #144743

Yes, I have gotten docs that were aparrently scanned in upside down.
With a PDF file no problem they print out OK.

Reply by Ndwa on 9/9/06 1:44pm
Msg #144746

I did an overnight package last week. Docs were printed on both sides with one side opposite the other. Almost every doc needs an initial if it doesn't have a signature line.

Reply by LkArrowhd/CA on 9/9/06 1:46pm
Msg #144748

Re: I've only had a docs printed on both sides a few times.. n/m

Reply by LkArrowhd/CA on 9/9/06 1:45pm
Msg #144747

Re: Yes Joe they did ultimately print ok but I guess being

the anal gal I am.......I want everything in an order....but I guess I just can't have everything I want.....now can I........

Reply by BrendaTx on 9/9/06 6:07pm
Msg #144820

Wow...I love going into new houses. This is one of the things I enjoy the most about my job. Welcome to the fire, Susan. Fortunately, it only comes once in a blue moon for me.

Reply by Gary_CA on 9/9/06 9:11pm
Msg #144870

Born with a silver spoon perhaps???

1. You got to the bottom of your mountain ahead of schedule.
2. Your first appointment was done within half an hour.
3. You got a nice job closeby for full fee.
4. The docs wasted $0.90 worth of extra paper and some of them were upside down.
5. The new appointment had no problem whatsoever with you being a tad late.
6. You got to see a neat new house in the mountain... and a neat dog... and a neat kid.

Now what was the problem again??

Just razzin' ya, I know how being discombooberated can be, but come on, all in all it was okay day, wouldn't you say??? Oh and by the way, the schedule dropped all her cards on the table... just tell her to leave you in the system with the fees... but everytime she needs you will be an exception... you now know she can do it.

Reply by LkArrowhd/CA on 9/9/06 11:53pm
Msg #144901

Re: Born with a silver spoon perhaps??? Gary you are right

I have no reason to complain I just wanted to write a book on the events of the day. I'm thankful for each day, I have good life, good kids and a bad dog and a good dog, a hubby worth his weight in gold.......what the HE?? am I whining about.......

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.