Notary Rotary
Orlando Florida
Notary Discussion History

Orlando Florida
Go Back to September, 2006 Index

Posted by Joan Palmariello-Leavitt on 9/20/06 6:59pm
Msg #147347

Orlando Florida

I am interested in becoming a certified notary signing agent in the Orlando Florida area. Worked as a Legal Administrator and notary for a large Hospitality Company (78 Hotels/Resorts) for 15 years in West Palm Beach. Semi-retired in April of 1998 and let my notary commission lapse in 1999. I am currently interested in becoming a certified notary signing agent due to having an extensive background in working with various types of legal contracts/documents/instruments. I have completed the mandatory notary instruction course through the National Notary Association Notary Public Education Training Program as required by the State and have made application for commission through the National Notary Association. I am also considering taking the National Notary Association's on line Notary Signing Agent Training program course which will, on October 1, include the GLBA-compliant training and background screening. However, I am hesitant to go to the expense of taking this course if the need is not there for certified signing agents in the Orlando, Florida area due to the real estate and lending cool down. Not knowing anyone personally in this line of business, I would appreciate knowing first, if there is a need for an additional signing agent in this area and if there is some sort of local networking organization. Anyone’s advice, input, consideration and/or response would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Reply by BrendaTx on 9/20/06 7:34pm
Msg #147352

Joan, have you done a search to find out how many notaries are withing 20 miles of the Orlando area? I found there were 539 within 20 miles of the zip code 32801.

I have a free book online if you want to read it. It will give you an ideal of what your expenses are, how to find out if there's business there for you, what you are going to need to purchase...and so forth. Think about it and do your research before trying to get into the business. The competition is pretty stiff in FL.

http://www.texas-signing-agent.com/free-notary-book/book.htm

Reply by Joan Palmariello-Leavitt on 9/21/06 4:07am
Msg #147391

Thanks for the link and the input Brenda. Smile

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 9/21/06 9:53am
Msg #147432

Joan
As Brenda has pointed out Orlando is saturated. I think most of Florida is.
If you click on my profile you will be able to get my contact number. Please do feel free to contact me if I can help or mentor you in any way.

Reply by Joan Palmariello-Leavitt on 9/21/06 12:09pm
Msg #147483

Thank you for responding Sylvia. The information and link Brenda provided was pretty telling to say the least! Your generosity in offering to help or mentor is greatly appreciated. I just may take you up on that offer after I do a little (actually alot!) more research. Smile

Reply by donnafl on 9/21/06 12:18pm
Msg #147486

I am a notary signing agent here in Orlando and there are hundreds of us!
I average about 2 signings a week and have been doing this for about 2 years.
I know a full time notary signing agent and she is averaging about 1 - 2 a day and that is it!

Reply by Joan Palmariello-Leavitt on 9/21/06 12:40pm
Msg #147493

Thanks Donna.... I think I'm gettin' the messsage!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.