Notary Rotary
Our dog chewed up my notary seal!
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2006 Index

Posted by LynnNC on 9/2/06 3:57pm
Msg #143155

I had my briefcase, which zips open at the top, on my office floor, and our nine-month old puppy got my notary stamp out and chewed it to pieces! While she chews up everything, including the arms off two chairs in the family room, it never occurred to me that she would take something out of my briefcase. I will have to fall back and use my embosser seal until I can get a new inked stamp.

Reply by JM_NY on 9/2/06 4:19pm
Msg #143158

A likely story. lol

Reply by MistarellaFL on 9/2/06 4:27pm
Msg #143159

Lynn, if you have a copy of the stamp on a copied document, you can take it to Office Depot and they will make you another in about an hour.
Been there, done that (no puppy, tho).

Reply by Lynn Lowry on 9/2/06 5:16pm
Msg #143161

Thanks for the info Mistarella!

I already ordered one from NR, but I will have one made at Office Depot as well, so that I will have it for a signing that I already have booked for Tuesday. I have a loan package that I couldn't send off today because all the UPS stores are closed for Memorial weekend, so I will open it to get a copy of my seal.

Reply by Blueink_CA on 9/2/06 7:35pm
Msg #143165

Re: Thanks for the info Mistarella!

At least he didn't pee on the docs. That was an edoc fee that I had to waive. Gotta love the pets!

Reply by MistarellaFL on 9/2/06 8:44pm
Msg #143174

Re: Thanks for the info Mistarella!

It's always beneficial to have a back-up seal.
I keep one in my breifcase, one in my purse, and one at the office.
Not only does that render me AVAILABLE for notarizations at all times,
I always have one should mine break into a million pieces.
Stamp on!

Reply by LkArrowhd/CA on 9/2/06 7:53pm
Msg #143166

Re: Our dog chewed up my notary seal!I'm sorry to hear about

your seal Lynn thank goodness you have an alternative. We have a 6 month old pup and each day he gets into something new he's into magzines at the moment. Old dog was never chewer......How are you holding up in NC, the weather reports we are getting show NC is taking quite a beating. My son now in SC, has only had moderate rain. However they did call hurridays at the school where daughter-in-law teaches due to expected weather conditions.

Reply by christiSocal on 9/2/06 10:00pm
Msg #143183

Thanks for the heads up

We plan on getting a puppy soon, so high up my notary bag goes!

Reply by TitleGalCA on 9/2/06 10:09pm
Msg #143185

Lynn....maybe better advice?

So that the new pup doesn't do it again....either watch on National Geographic channel or buy the first season of "Dog Whisperer".

It'll save you a bunch of money in the future!

Other than that little challenge....how's the pup?

Reply by 626-333-1411 WANDA *4 NOTARY 2 U*********** on 9/3/06 7:40am
Msg #143200

California law is always to have seal & log locked up. I noticed other states must not have the same law. I recomment to cage the critter up when you can not keep an eye on it to safe guard all things.

Reply by LkArrowhd/CA on 9/3/06 10:46am
Msg #143220

Re: Wanda did you wants us all to call you? n/m

Reply by LynnNC on 9/3/06 8:17am
Msg #143201

Arrrowhd & TitleGal

We had some moderate rain and wind here in Raleigh, which is about three hours from the NC coast.

"The first season of the 'Dog Whisperer' " - are the shows available on a DVD? Did one show cover chewing up everything in sight?

Since I made the post about 'Daisy' chewing up my notary seal, she somehow got my $400 glasses off the kitchen counter and chewed off the earpiece on one side! Luckily, I can still wear them!

'Daisy' is our fourth dog and the only one that has chewed on anything other than rawhide or dog toys. We have plenty of rawhide chews all over the house, but she chews everything in sight, including furniture, down pillows, chair legs, stair rails, newspaper, magazines, purses, & shoes.

I had a sample of fabric on the back of one of two chairs for which I planned to have slipcovers made, when 'Daisy' chewed the arms off both! Thank goodness, I had not already spent $1,000 to have the slipcovers made!

If 'Daisy' were not so pretty and sweet, she would be long gone! If I could figure out how put a photo of her on a website, I would post a link that so you all could see her. She is a black and brindle Am Staff mix and will be about 40-45 lbs when fully grown.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 9/3/06 8:28am
Msg #143205

Re: Arrrowhd & TitleGal

Lynn
Go to www.photobucket.com and get a free account. You can then upload photos to it and provide a link to the photos. Like this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v391/LadySylvia/Grandmasrules.jpg

Reply by LynnNC on 9/3/06 10:00am
Msg #143213

Sylvia, I love your "Grandma's Rules"!

I am technology-challenged, but I will try to figure out how to use photobucket.com.

Reply by LkArrowhd/CA on 9/3/06 10:30am
Msg #143216

Re: Thanks for this tip Cookie Lady, I hope I did this right

Lynn- This is my hubby's birthday gift this year and he just keeps on giving from both ends!

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n287/ssaxelrod/Zeus-8-06.jpg

Reply by Lynn Lowry on 9/3/06 10:58am
Msg #143223

I love his ears!

I have to wait until my sixteen-year old daughter gets home to show me how to upload from my digital camera to show a picture of 'Daisy'.

Reply by LkArrowhd/CA on 9/3/06 11:10am
Msg #143228

Re: I love his ears! Thanks and I will be drooling to see

Daisy.....Yes well he is a growing boy at the moment and his feet and ears are all you see..... we have not had a pup in over 11 years so this one has been a challenge. He does everything the old dog never did, however the old dog is a bad biter and should not be with us, the new pup appears to not have that biter flaw but has every other flaw you do not want in a dog. My hubby called me last week and informed me of what Mr. Zeus was now doing.....yep the leg thingy....oh lordy....old pup never even did that. Sooooo I have a very expensive dog, that chews everything, digs endless holes, jumps all over each guest as they arrive, chases the cats until they are begging with every meow they take, digs in the trash, grabs shoes from the closet, jumps on the furniture and the list continues all at the watchful eye of the old pup who just rolls his eyes at the new fool on the block.....

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.