Notary Rotary
Paper curling in my fax
Notary Discussion History

Paper curling in my fax
Go Back to September, 2006 Index

Posted by DellaCa on 9/7/06 10:36am
Msg #144121

Paper curling in my fax

I use staples paper in my hp printer and my brothers fax printer 20 lb ,it does great in the printer but in the fax it curls when making copies or printing out a fax ,it curls so much that I have to watch it or the pages of the copy jams up.
I was thinking maybe it was the weight of the paper any ideas?

Reply by Pamela on 9/7/06 10:49am
Msg #144129

Della, Re: Paper curling in my fax

Good Morning Della,

Here's Brother's website:

http://www.brother-usa.com/FAQs/default.aspx

Pam

Reply by DellaCa on 9/7/06 4:13pm
Msg #144243

Re:Thanks the link did not help much I didnt make myself

clear I guess I wanted to know if anyone else had the same problem and what they did about it . Thanks anyway.

Reply by BrendaTx on 9/7/06 4:41pm
Msg #144248

Della - Humidity. That's what my problem has been.

When I had high humidity, the paper curled. Now that I am in a less humid area - it is better.

Reply by Charm_AL on 9/7/06 4:45pm
Msg #144251

Re: Re:Thanks the link did not help much I didnt make myself

Hi Della...I missed this one! No, I have a brother and the (same) paper doesn't curl.
Happy first day of NFL....woohooo!

Reply by Pamela on 9/7/06 9:51pm
Msg #144326

Della,

You're welcome.

Sorry that Brother's Tech Support wasn't any help.

Pamela

Reply by ReneeK_MI on 9/8/06 3:49am
Msg #144400

You might try this - I learned this through the trial/error/throw things/stomp feet/cry method, and have NO BASIS for why it would work or even matter, but it works for me ...

When you open a new ream of paper, open it with the 'bottom' side UP (the seam of the package facing up). Place the paper in the fax/copy machine with that side UP. (In other words, the 'bottom' of the paper facing up.)

I also will only use HP paper, due to the trial/error/throw things/stomp feet/cry method of learning. Just one area of frustration that to me is worth the price to have removed from my life. PLENTY of other paper is bought and used w/o incident ... just not by me, I guess! I'm wondering if Brenda didn't just hit on why ... since my 'office' is in the basement, it might be more humid.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.