Notary Rotary
Please read: "Geoff Hickman NotaryGift" information
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2006 Index

Posted by Lisa Prestegard on 9/28/06 5:42pm
Msg #149136

He is one and the same as Left Coast Signers and is a NO PAY / SLOW PAY company. His profile address AND phone number are the same as Left Coast Signers.
Geoff Hickman is now using his NotRot profile to promote his NEW business which his website claims is "... the 'I'm here to help you create a successful, profitable, independent signing service' weblog. And it gets deeper...
He further states "...I've done a lot in this industry (you can read the particulars below in my bio). But lately, I've seen a lot of injustice towards signing agents, mainly from big signing services..." Hmmm... what about you, Geoff? It's ok for a little signing service to rip off Notaries? Explain, please.
Geoff, my contact information is linked to my name. You can pay me for the Wheland signing from 3/25 at your earliest convenience via PayPal. If you need another invoice, let me know... I'd be happy to email it to you. And, in fairness to you... if you believe that you have already paid me, please provide a scanned copy of the check to me via email. I will retract my claim immediately. Thank you...

Reply by LkArrowhd/CA on 9/28/06 5:46pm
Msg #149137

Re: Lisa great dick work....... n/m

Reply by John_NorCal on 9/28/06 10:30pm
Msg #149165

Re: Lisa great dick work....... Huh???? n/m

Reply by hcampersFL on 9/28/06 10:35pm
Msg #149166

Dick work= Detective work. n/m

Reply by ReneeK_MI on 9/29/06 3:35am
Msg #149185

now THAT was good! n/m

Reply by Loretta Reed on 9/29/06 7:12am
Msg #149193

If it is true about "Geoff Hickman NotaryGift"

His only "gift" is a free rip off.
JMHO

Should we hire the lynch mob now? Smile

Reply by Geoff Hickman Notary Gift on 9/29/06 3:38pm
Msg #149343

HI Lisa, your totally wrong... but your right about one thing. LCS are deadbeats. But I haven't worked for them since April. It's not a company I owned, It's a company I was trying to help grow bigger (I was compensated through profit-sharing), but your right, Darren had a lot of trouble paying people and when I found out that making any sort of profit would not be likely, I left. All payments where the responsibility of Darren and LCS so I had no idea that you were never paid for your services.

As for me, do you really think I would show my face in a forum if I really thought I had anything to do with screwing over notaries? C'mon, I read this forum all the time and when someone doesn't like someone, you all descend on them like a pack of wolves. Take for instance your fine critique of me and my new venture. Without even knowing or asking about the situation, you took it upon yourself to bad-mouth me and what I do. You took it upon yourself to try to destroy my character. Before you do this again in the future, you should probably know the facts: I AM NOT LEFT COAST SIGNERS.

I'm proud of Notary Gift by the way. I've helped a lot of people get more work and build better signing services. I ask for no money whatsoever. There are no membership fees, no subscription fees. It's all free. And yes, I have done a lot in this industry which is why I'm qualified to run such a website. OK so Darren hasn't paid you for a job? Would you like me to try to get your fees from him? Because I can do that. I know how to get hold of him and I know he'll talk to me. I'd give you his contact info directly but you'de never hear back from him. You just let me know. email me at geoffrey.hickman at gmail dot com.

Lisa, I know the frustration you must have towards signing services that do not pay. But you had no right to trash my reputation just because you assumed I was the responsible party. You assumed wrong. But hey, I have no problem trying to get some money out of Darren, he's a prick, I'd be happy to help.

Reply by Lisa Prestegard on 9/29/06 9:16pm
Msg #149386

Retort...

I will not retract my post. Nor will I apologize. I said I would retract my claim if you would be so kind as to provide me with a copy of proof that I had, in fact, been paid.
Geoff, if you are NOT Left Coast Signers (as you claim), then why is the address listed under "Contact Us" on your website the same as Left Coast Signers? Methinks if you are proud of the services you provide to SA's via your site, you would distance yourself a little further than that! I mean, it's the EXACT same address as LCS.
Did you attempt to "help" LCS "create a successful, profitable, independent signing service" too? You claim you 'worked' for them... that you were paid via 'profit sharing'. Were you a limited partner of an LLC? For the lousy $150 that LCS owes me, I won't bother looking it up on the California SOS / Business and Professional Regulation website.
You know the old adage... you lay with dogs, you get fleas.
You hired me Geoff. You emailed me a confirmation. Your address is the same address given to me when LCS hired me for the Wheland signing. So, I say to you this: if it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it's a duck.
As for your website and the services you provide, I did not slander or defame you in any way. I quoted directly from your website. And I simply asked you a question regarding your statement about 'big signing agencies ripping off Notaries'... as if little signing services DON'T rip off Notaries. I just found that statement to be an ignorant assertion given my experience with LCS (a small signing agency) and commented on it. For the record, I have only had TWO SS's stiff me... Left Coast Signers and Altair Signing Services in the past two years, neither of which are "big".
That being said, I will no longer discuss this issue on NotRot. I will not disrespect Harry or the other members by doing so. You have my email address, Geoff, and we can certainly discuss this privately from here on.
Lisa Prestegard

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.