Notary Rotary
Printer
Notary Discussion History

Printer
Go Back to September, 2006 Index

Posted by Bonnie Frederikson on 9/5/06 7:51pm
Msg #143676

Printer

I've had this problem before, but how do you stop the printer from printing 2-sided? I have a Brother 5150. Can't figure it out, and I have a closing!

Reply by cntrlcalntry on 9/5/06 8:01pm
Msg #143677

Are they not supposed to be printed that way...

if they come over two sided? Just asking cause I did a set
two sided before and never heard that that was wrong.

Reply by Bonnie Frederikson on 9/5/06 8:04pm
Msg #143679

Re: Are they not supposed to be printed that way...

Nope, they are soppose to be one sided

Reply by cntrlcalntry on 9/5/06 8:05pm
Msg #143680

Wow... sounds like I should make a phone call..... n/m

Reply by BarbaraL_CA on 9/5/06 8:08pm
Msg #143681

If you click on your printer "properties" there should be an option box to check for two-sided. If it is checked, uncheck it. I don't have a Brother printer, but search the different tabs on the top of the properties and look for two-sided option.

Reply by Salvador Avalos on 9/5/06 8:24pm
Msg #143685

I have Brother MFC 8840D, If it is anything like minde do the following.

When you go to Print Click on Preferences, Under the layout file make sure the "print on both sides box" is not checked. That should do it.

Reply by Bonnie Frederikson on 9/5/06 8:57pm
Msg #143695

It only does it when I'm trying to print the docs that are in EDS format

Reply by Bonnie Frederikson on 9/5/06 9:00pm
Msg #143696

When I go into the Preferences, it is in German. Never did figure that out on how to fix it

Reply by Glenn Strickler on 9/5/06 10:16pm
Msg #143720

Don't know the German word for "duplex", but you need to uncheck that box in printer preferences.

When you get a chance, you need to uninstall your software using control panel and add/remove software. If you have a usb printer connection, unplug it before inserting your disk again. Then follow the directions on the screen as when to plug it in again. It is during the installation program that you chose German. Choose English this time, but go slow as the English box is nest to the German box and if you go too fast, it is easy to make the wrong choice again.

Reply by Ndwa on 9/5/06 11:31pm
Msg #143739

Sorry I'm late, but maybe for future reference. There is a drop down menu option next to every document that is listed in the EDS print dialogue. Yes, you can also disable the duplex option to your printer in it's property/utility setting.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.