Re California title and escrow fee "reform"
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2006 Index

Posted by Bob_Chicago on 9/7/06 10:56pm
Msg #144359

This was circulated by "The Legal description" an on line news service
serving the real estate settlement industry. Looks like CA NSAs are speaking out against
this proposal as well they should.
Pleae excuse the on topic post
We can now all get back to politics, religion and sex so that we are not hung up on
boring NP/NSA business stuff

And please, I don't need any NNA shill barbs.

"Of the 700 written responses the California Department of Insurance has received regarding its proposed 27 percent title and escrow rate reductions, over half of the responses have come not from the title and escrow industries, but from National Notary Association members. Find out why California's notaries public are joining their industry counterparts in urging withdrawal of the controversial plan."

Reply by TitleGalCA on 9/7/06 11:18pm
Msg #144370

Very good, Bob. Thanks for the update.

We certainly don't need industry issues to interfere with the really important stuff....politics, religion (and sex?). Where's the sex part??? Do you have any message numbers? Somebody please where are the sex threads???

Reply by Diga2Lin/FL on 9/7/06 11:22pm
Msg #144373

Not sure but I'm sure that after the day everyone's had on this board SOMEONE'S gonna start one..<G>

Reply by BarbaraL_CA on 9/7/06 11:34pm
Msg #144381

*** Find out why California's notaries public are joining their industry counterparts in urging withdrawal of the controversial plan." ***

Where? I'd like to find out!

Reply by JanetK_CA on 9/8/06 2:54am
Msg #144390

Me, too. And I'd like to add my thanks for the update. I'm glad to hear notaries stepped up. And while this won't change my opinion of the NNA, I believe in giving credit where due.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.