Notary Rotary
Red Fridays to support the troops. O/T
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2006 Index

Posted by Raimond on 9/4/06 5:16pm
Msg #143393

If you are offended by the US Military or those who support them, read no further...

Very soon, you will see a great many people
wearing Red every Friday. The reason? Americans who
support our troops used to be called the "silent majority."

We are no longer silent, and are voicing our love for
God, country and home in record breaking numbers.
We are not organized, boisterous or overbearing.

Many Americans, like you, me and all our friends,
simply want to recognize that the vast majority of
America supports our troops. Our idea of showing
solidarity and support for our troops with dignity
and respect starts this Friday -- and continues each and
every Friday until the troops all come home, sending
a deafening message that ... every red-blooded
American who supports our men and women afar, will wear
something red.

By word of mouth, press, TV -- let's make the
United States on every Friday a sea of red much like a
homecoming football game in the bleachers. If every
one of us who loves this country will share this
with acquaintances, coworkers, friends, and family, it
will not be long before the USA is covered in RED and it
will let our troops know the once "silent" majority
is on their side more than ever, certainly more than
the media lets on.

The first thing a soldier says when asked "What
can we do to make things better for you?" is ."We need
your support and your prayers." Let's get the word
out and lead with class and dignity, by example, and
wear something red every Friday

Reply by BrendaTx on 9/4/06 5:16pm
Msg #143396

Re: Red Fridays to support the troops. O/T Thank you!!!! n/m

Reply by LkArrowhd/CA on 9/4/06 5:17pm
Msg #143398

Re: Red Fridays-You got it I'm getting my red things out.... n/m

Reply by Signing_Doc on 9/4/06 5:19pm
Msg #143400

Thanks for the reminder...as a disabled vet I am for ANYTHING to remind the troops that we are behind them 100 percent...and pray for their safety. As an aside to being political...I don't support GW in everything he does (domestic policy)...but in the WAR on Terror...(YES IT IS A WAR PEOPLE!!!)...he is absolutely correct!!!!

"Doc" Stuart, SSgt, USAF (Retired) PROUDLY SERVED

Reply by LkArrowhd/CA on 9/4/06 5:21pm
Msg #143402

Re: Thank you Doc for your service to our country.... n/m

Reply by Tina_MA on 9/4/06 7:33pm
Msg #143417

Re: Doc, many thanks for your service to our country! n/m

Reply by BrendaTx on 9/4/06 7:40pm
Msg #143418

Service to our country - why not a roll call? Sound off!

Yes, Doc, thank you...and as for the old-timer NR'ers...I believe Lawrence is also a vet, if I am not mistaken...and John NorCal.

Of course there's SamIAm...Howie...Raimond...Laura NH...Cindy's boy...CharlotteTx's boy...

And, I know I am missing several...roll call ladies and gentlemen???

Please remind us all...sound off and remind ALL THOSE HERE why they can sleep safe and sound in the United States of America each night.

Reply by BrendaTx on 9/4/06 7:41pm
Msg #143419

Re: Service to our country - why not a roll call? Sound off!

Axelrod, Beverly have children in the armed forces...

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 9/4/06 7:50pm
Msg #143420

My husband, Bruce, served 22.1/2 years in the USAF. My late father in law served as well. Was one of those who led the raid on Ploetsi, and he had the DFC twice, one of them was presented to him by Jimmy Dolittle.

Reply by LkArrowhd/CA on 9/4/06 7:52pm
Msg #143422

Re: Cookie Lady thank your Bruce for serving our country! n/m

Reply by BrendaTx on 9/4/06 9:14pm
Msg #143446

Sylvia, I met a nurse (rev mort) who also knew Jimmy Dolittle. Thank you to Bruce. I am sorry I did not remember.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 9/4/06 10:36pm
Msg #143473

Re: Service to our country - why not a roll call? Brenda

I don't know if I ever mentioned Bruce was in the USAF before, so you can't remember something you weren't informed onSmile

When my fil died and we were arranging his funeral, I went to Patrick AFB to ask for an honor guard for the funeral. Whoever I talked to said they couldn't do it, other engagements or something. I was upset, and I marched to the chaplains office with fil's photo albums and press cuttings from the war era, and his medals and the photo of Jimmy Dolittle presenting him with one of the DFC's. I told the chaplain that my fil had served his country honorably and they were trying to give him a "bargain basement"funeral.(Don't mess with me when my dander is up! LOL) The chaplain said he had never met one person who had received a DFC let alone who had received two, and he said he would see what he could do. I got a call that afternoon from Texas, saying that they would see that my fil had an honor guard!

Reply by LkArrowhd/CA on 9/4/06 7:50pm
Msg #143421

Re:Yes I know JohnNorcal is and also his son..... n/m

Reply by LkArrowhd/CA on 9/4/06 7:53pm
Msg #143423

Re: Thank JohnNorCal and his son for serving our Country!!!! n/m

Reply by PL on 9/4/06 8:09pm
Msg #143429

25 years for me in Uncle Sam's Army and loved almost every

minute.

Reply by Raimond on 9/4/06 8:16pm
Msg #143432

27 Years now retired n/m

Reply by Tina_MA on 9/4/06 9:29pm
Msg #143455

Re: Many thanks to all for your service to our country! n/m

Reply by Debbietax_CA on 9/4/06 11:13pm
Msg #143477

Re: Service to our country - why not a roll call? Sound off

Also a disabled veteran, US Navy 20 years. Retired 1 1/2 years ago.

Reply by LkArrowhd/CA on 9/4/06 5:20pm
Msg #143401

Re: just sent it on to school and will send out tomorrow,

that's about 1000 or 2 folks....

Reply by LkArrowhd/CA on 9/4/06 7:54pm
Msg #143424

Re: Thanks all our GREAT MEN AND WOMEN PAST AND PRESENT!!!!! n/m

Reply by bestcal on 9/4/06 8:02pm
Msg #143425

Re: We should support the war on terror.Especially if the

terror is women,children and elders.

Reply by Cheri Armentrout on 9/4/06 8:15pm
Msg #143431

http://www.angelfire.com/tx2/ladyblue3/

Reply by BrendaTx on 9/4/06 9:16pm
Msg #143447

I am so grateful for all of you. I will sleep soundly tonight because of you, and those before and after you.

Reply by Elizabeth Soliday on 9/4/06 9:18pm
Msg #143448

Poor souls, of course they have my support. They couldn't pay me $100K to go back, no way. Red it is.

Reply by bestcal on 9/4/06 9:49pm
Msg #143457

Re:A song called Conversation peace- by Stevie Wonder-

Take the time and listen to this beautiful lyric one day-Makes me reflect every time I listen to it.
Just beautiful!

Reply by Brenda/CA on 9/4/06 11:26pm
Msg #143479

Thank you to all of the troops past and present that have served our country. They will continue to have my support and prayers each and every day. Red it is indeed.

Reply by Bob_Chicago on 9/4/06 9:59pm
Msg #143461

Served proudly as a Captain in US Army. Will not trun this..

into a political debate, but I believe that there is a clear
distinction between supporting our troops (which I do) and supporting
the manner in which they are being utilized by civillian leaders.
In the words of Medal of Honor "winner" Forrest Gump, "Thit's all
that I have to say about that"

Reply by Raimond on 9/4/06 10:14pm
Msg #143465

Re: Served proudly as a Captain in US Army. Will not trun th

Bob... well said.

The troops don't make policy, we enforce it!

Sergeant First Class, US Army Retired

Reply by John_NorCal on 9/4/06 10:28pm
Msg #143467

Re: Served proudly as a Captain in US Army. Will not trun th

Amen Bob and Ray. We served our country with pride and integrity, we did not ask why, we just did our duty.
JohnNorCal
US Army
IFFV

Reply by hcampersFL on 9/4/06 10:31pm
Msg #143469

Husband was in for 29 yrs. (CWO3)

Father was in for 35 yrs. (CMDR) Son has been in for 12 yrs and is still active duty.
All Navy!

Go Navy!

Reply by bestcal on 9/4/06 10:36pm
Msg #143474

Re: I strongly agree!!

The troops does not make the policy,but the concious decision to join the army and to kill or be killed.That's just the way I see it.I would not have any problem with the killing part if is the guilty who are jeopardizing our safety whom are being targeted,but I have a huuge problem with the majority of the killings being innocent civilians,like most of us over here,and they are being killed on a daily basis.Children,women,elders????Hello???Justice????Imagine explaining the constant bombing to your young child and promising to protect them no matter what but knowing at the same time that you have no control anyway.I guess lets just call it justice.At least we can sleep in peace in every night and thats all thats important in this world.Let the kids worry elsewhere on their own. Yaawn,I am tired and going to have a great nights rest,no bombs falling on my son's little head!!

Reply by Signing_Doc on 9/5/06 12:13am
Msg #143482

<I have a huuge problem with the majority of the killings

being innocent civilians, like most of us over here...>

With the anniversary of 3,000 INNOCENT civilians...Children, women, elders???? (to quote your words)...you have the NERVE (chutzpah)...saying <...I guess lets just call it justice...>

Well, bestcal, I'm sorry for the innocent civilians being killed in the WAR ON TERROR...but don't forget...with the 5th anniversary of September 11th 2001 coming up...Let US NEVER FORGET...these INNOCENT civilians....women, elders, children, mother, fathers, sons, daughters,..who were MURDERED by TERRORISTS...and Why....because they were living in America...

So bestcal...I have a HUGE problem with YOU for NOT remembering the murdered civilians here in the United States....

you end your diatribe with "...Yaawn, I am tired and going to have a great nights rest, no bombs falling on my son's little head..." Thank G-d that there ARE no bombs falling on your son's little head, and haven't been for the past 5 years.

To the rest of the community...I apologize for ranting and getting on my soapbox...but things like this IRK the H out of me. As a Jew...we remember our murdered brethren from the Holocaust with the saying "...Never Forget..." Let WE, as Americans.....NEVER FORGET!

G-d bless America and y'all

"Doc"

Reply by bestcal on 9/5/06 12:21am
Msg #143484

Re: <Doc-Listen to conversation peace

6 million Jews and 300 MILLION bLACKS were killed in slavery.We teach our kids in preschool in kindergarten that two wrongs does not make a right. Does that mean because 3000 of us died 5years ago it is okay to kill 1oo of thousands of innocent civilians elsewhere.Are we just bloodthirsty or would killing innocent people elsewhere ease the pain???No matter how many people we kill now it would never ease the pain!!or bring justice!!

Reply by Signing_Doc on 9/5/06 12:30am
Msg #143486

Re: <Doc-Listen to conversation peace

I don't know WHERE you get your figures about 300 MILLION bLACKS being killed in slavery. YES, there were many, but 300 MILLION?????....100 of thousands of innocent civilians???....WHERE are you getting your FACTS from???...(Key word FACTS)...You have to realize that the ENEMY (oh...there's that word people don't like to hear)...has only ONE agenda....and THAT is to KILL everyone who doesn't subscribe to THEIR way of thinking. Is it right...NO....are we right....NO...BUT this is the world we live in today...until Messiah comes, there will be wars, and rumours of wars..."Doc"

Reply by bestcal on 9/5/06 12:36am
Msg #143487

Re: <Doc-Listen to conversation peace=dOC n/m

Reply by bestcal on 9/5/06 12:38am
Msg #143489

Re: <Doc-Listen to conversation peace=dOC

Since you are a JEW do you concern yourself with the amount of Palestenians that are being killed and tortured on a daily basis?or do you just ignore and go about your Jewish life?

Reply by Signing_Doc on 9/5/06 12:46am
Msg #143490

since I don't understand what you mean when you ask..."Do you just ignore and go about your Jewish life..." (don't understand the phrase "Jewish life"Wink...I'm going to answer that YES, I'm concerned about the amount of Palestinians being killed AND the amount of INNOCENT Israelis being killed, however the Israelis did NOT start this latest uprising...it was HAMAS...

Reply by christiSocal on 9/5/06 4:03am
Msg #143493

Doc, Some people opinions aren't worth your time or words

I'll be wearing red friday and praying for the USA and Israel everyday!

Reply by MistarellaFL on 9/5/06 1:40pm
Msg #143584

Re: Doc, Some people opinions aren't worth your time or words

Me too Christi....I'm going to buy something red & special for Fridays

Reply by LkArrowhd/CA on 9/5/06 9:12am
Msg #143519

Re: bestcal.....exactly what do you mean by Jewish Life? n/m

Reply by Signing_Doc on 9/5/06 9:48am
Msg #143526

Re: bestcal.....exactly what do you mean by Jewish Life?

I asked him the same thing...and the coward did not have the (insert word here) to respond...

Oh well, hopefully 'nuff said on this topic...today is another day...(it's a beautiful day in the neighborhood, a beautiful day for a neighbor....would...you be mine?...wont you be mine)

"Doc"

Reply by BrendaTx on 9/5/06 9:51am
Msg #143527

Re: bestcal.....exactly what do you mean by Jewish Life?

**I asked him the same thing**

I don't think our bestcal is a him, Doctor-man. Tis a 55+ female who is hiding behind the name "bestcal." And, no, I don't think it's EW.

Yes! I will be your neighbor!

Reply by bestcal on 9/5/06 10:55am
Msg #143538

Re: 55+! ooh!scary!do i qualify for senior discounts now? n/m

Reply by BrendaTx on 9/5/06 10:58am
Msg #143543

<big grin>Sure you do!</big grin>

**Re: 55+! ooh!scary!do i qualify for senior discounts now? **

LOL. I am alllllll for discounts.

Have a great day!

Reply by Signing_Doc on 9/5/06 11:05am
Msg #143547

oh well..."to market, to market...to peddle the Doc...home

again, home again...about 2 o clock...then I will...say bye 'till...I see you again...off to sing...(just like Bing)...ring a ding ding!"

In other words...leaving to market myself (publically)...then return home and get ready for first night of rehearsals with The Las Vegas MasterSingers www.lvmastersingers.com for the gnu season. TTFN

(ta ta for now)

"Doc"

Reply by bestcal on 9/5/06 4:23pm
Msg #143640

Re: <big grin>Sure you do!</big grin>-Brenda you too have a

great day!

Reply by bestcal on 9/5/06 12:36am
Msg #143488

Re: <Doc-Listen to conversation peace=dOC n/m

Reply by BrendaTx on 9/5/06 6:55am
Msg #143499

bestcal, I have no doubt you are well-intentioned. I am certainly not going to disagree with you that peace is a better way --- I am not going to say you are "wrong." Just that you are not changing any minds about things of a serious nature by posting as anon69 in the past, and now as a non-identifying handle, "bestcal."

You have a purported important message to get out. Be proud of it. Let us know who you are and how you speak with such authority on this subject. Otherwise, you appear to be a troll.

How about you let us all know who you are, and your credentials? Surely you are proud of them.

If you will do this, then we will know how why we should listen to what you have to say.

Until then, until I know who you are and why you feel you can speak with such a knowing posture on things of this important nature, you are just another "anon." Probably someone who hopes to cause rifts in the board, more than to make real change in our world.

-----
In case the subject comes up, before any one tells me that CaliNotary is not posting linked to his name, the reality is that you can know who he is if you use the search button.

People who read this forum frequently know who most everyone is on this board. Cali has linked to his name in the past, and he has been clear on who he is. He's not the only one who chooses not to post with his name, but he seems to be the one that makes everyone the most unhappy by not linking to his name on a daily basis.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 9/5/06 11:02am
Msg #143546

Bestcal: Be thankful to the troops who have fought

to protect your right to voice your opinion. Freedom comes at a price.

Reply by Jahari Davis on 9/5/06 3:02pm
Msg #143605

Clearing up what I think is a misunderstanding

Doc, what bestcal is referring to is the African Holocaust of which I've posted links to a few website on and she is correct. It is a conservative estimate but yes 300 Million Africans died in the African Holocaust. If you google "African Holocaust" you will find numerous resources regarding the topic.

As to your service and the service of others, I admire and thank you for it however what is currently happening is not being looked at carefully enough by many the press and the American people. All the American people know is that the twin towers are down, they barely know exactly how many people died in the towers, and cant even begin to tell you what a Sunni or a Shia is much less where Tikrit or Kirkuk are on a map of Iraq. There's been a huge information blackout on this "War on Terror." HUGE! The War on Terror is not nor can it be the war most in support of it want it to be because terror and fear are tools, tactics, and emotions. You cant stomp out, shoot, cut, punch, kick, or drop kick fear or terror because it is intangible. In guerilla warfare if your enemy is big and you're small and have limited resources you draw your enemy to you so that you can take out as many as possible and reduce their numbers. This is what the insurgents are doing to our guys by way of IED's. This war is wrong, is being managed the way Custer fought at Little Big Horn, and is an object lesson in incompetant diplomacy, bad military strategy(see Custer reference) and massive war profiteering that has very clear and some not so clear ties directly to the White House. Our guys are dying day after day going on patrols looking for "insurgents" and for what exactly? I'll give you a hint, its not to keep us safe here in the US. Its to keep the military industrial complex rolling. If peace breaks out in the world, General Dynamics, Halliburton, and Lockheed Martin lose government defense contracts and thats bad for the war business.

Death, fear and resentment are the by products of the gun and the bomb. Do not read that as a lack of will to use them to defend but as care to use them as a course of last resort when all else has failed. Wars are fought but in the end diplomacy is what wins and our nation is sorely lacking a good diplomatic team at the White House, the State Department and the United Nations.

The Red Fridays idea is a great display of unity for some but in my opinion an empty gesture to say "Yes I support the troops!" like those magnetic bumper stickers (which are made in China) you can buy at any RiteAid or gas station. I mean no disrespect, but thats how I see it. Whenever I see one of those ribbons, bumper stickers, or yard signs it drives me up a wall because most people's support of the troops ends there with that purchase and placement on their vehicle or front yard. Am I be wrong? Yes, I could be. But again, my opinion.

Everyone, if you really want to support the troops start at your local neighborhood VFW hall, organize and ask questions of your government, the Department of Defense, the White House, the Department of Veterans Affairs, your congressman and ask why veterans benefits are slashed? Why cant we see the dead returning home? Why are there homeless Iraq veterans? Why are there homeless Veterans period? Why isnt more being done to provide counseling and mental health services to the soldiers returning home so that they can readjust to their civilian life and fight PTSD from setting in? Why are the soldiers over in Iraq being fed outdated and spoiled food and contaminated water by government contractors hired by no-bid contracts? These and many other very serious questions need to be asked and answered as to our governments conduct in this thing and the lack of request of the American people to give and sacrifice for the troops we support. Doc, being a veteran, I'm more than sure that you personally know exactly what they are going through over there and have a very clear idea as to what they would need and what they will deal with when they come back to the world.

If you want to wear red in support of the troops, wear red in support of the troops as you turn out in droves at your congressman's office, your local VA office, or as you demonstrate in public your support for the troops as you demand better treatment and benefits for them over there and when they return home. Demand a better plan. Demand better leadership. Demand they not be used for target practice because of Rumsfeld's incompetance.

As to the Jewish life thing...I wouldnt read too much offense into it. I dont think she meant it as an offensive comment but as a way of saying that people have a way of valuing one group of people over another because of their way of life and/or value system and that for some its easy for people to make snap judgements and look down on those people. My interpretation and if I am wrong, I am wrong with full apologies to bestcal for misinterpretation.

Reply by bestcal on 9/5/06 4:25pm
Msg #143643

Re: Clearing up what I think is a misunderstanding-Jahari

Thanks for clearing that up.You were right on.I have a habit of writing in a hurry and simply do not like writing or explaining myself well enough.

Reply by cassiewi on 9/5/06 8:37am
Msg #143514

A big Thank You to all the troops who support us

and the same for all the notrot veterans, I will break out my red on Fridays.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.