Notary Discussion History

SIGNING DOC - Msg #145930 - what did you do about DOT? n/m
Go Back to September, 2006 Index

Posted by BarbaraL_CA on 9/14/06 8:12pm
Msg #146209

SIGNING DOC - Msg #145930 - what did you do about DOT? n/m

Reply by Signing_Doc on 9/14/06 10:44pm
Msg #146232

Re: SIGNING DOC - Msg #145930 - what did you do about DOT?

I thought I said....what I did was advised the Escrow Officer via fax the night before of the problem and offered my solution of attaching a loose certification to it...or inserting the wording she needed when I turned in the paperwork the next day. Well, when I arrived the next day, she had not read my fax, so I explained the situation. She agreed that the wording was incorrect and apologized. She hadn't had time to review the paperwork before giving it to me. We attached a loose certificate to the paperwork and sent it to the mortgage lenders for them to determine what to do. Also, I noted to her that, since the DOT stated the borrowers was a married woman, with the property as her sole and separate property (and Nevada being a community property state), it was my opinion (not practising law) that a Quit Claim Deed was needed. She agreed but stated she would check with the lender and if needed, another notary would make the trip to get 'er done. Well, later in the day, she called me back and advised me that...yes indeedy a QCD was needed and how much would I charge to do it? Figuring that it was only 2 pieces of paper (only 1 to be notarized...$5.00 in NV), and I was going to be in the area anyway with my spousal unit, I would "cut them a deal" and not charge a print fee, but would do it for a reduced travel fee. She agreed and I just got back from it now. I figured that, by not going for the gelt, I would generate good will among her which would get back to her colleagues in this Title Company (which was my first signing for).

So, sorry for the length of this missive, but that is what I did about DOT

"Doc"

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.