Notary Rotary
SOX
Notary Discussion History

SOX
Go Back to September, 2006 Index

Posted by David Kral on 9/22/06 7:52pm
Msg #147916

SOX

I am tempted to print all the bad press on SOX on here and send it to every lender on the loans they have sent me and include a list of good California signing services that pay their notaries. I want SOX to lose clients and go out of business. I want to provide those contacts to other signing companies so they can hirer and pay us.

I basically want to explain to the lenders that by using SOX, they are no different than major retailers that exploit child labor in foreign countries or unpay workers in those countries. Without the support of the retails to their vendor, the situtation would not happen. Same with SOX, if the banks are made aware that they are complict in this situation, the up standing ones will select other signing companies besides SOX!

Reply by Roland Martino on 9/22/06 9:11pm
Msg #147928

I did some signings for them some time ago. The worst part about it is you have to call them to ge paid repeatedly. They do not have a very good reputation and try to get new signing agents by telling them they will "Give them plenty of business" I thought they were out of business and am still surprised they are able to get notaries to do signings for them.

Reply by Larry/Ca on 9/22/06 10:02pm
Msg #147934

Nice going David.

Reply by TitleGalCA on 9/22/06 10:08pm
Msg #147935

David-you're post is no different than a hundred thousand other posts regarding SOX.

Single-handedly they are the most talked about SS who DOESN'T

Reply by TitleGalCA on 9/22/06 10:11pm
Msg #147937

Re: SOX - oooop's

who "doesn't" pay at all. Every single notary forum has documented the fact that SOX doesn't pay. Ad Infinitum. Where have you been?

Hello?....SOX does not pay. Jeepers, how many freakin times does this have to be posted for anyone to get it?

Reply by cassiewi on 9/22/06 11:01pm
Msg #147945

Re: SOX - oooop's

I know it's frustrating for you guys to see this time and again and again, but when you are new, you don't really know. I've learned and they will too.

Reply by TitleGalCA on 9/22/06 11:03pm
Msg #147946

I suppose you are right Cassie. n/m

Reply by cassiewi on 9/22/06 11:08pm
Msg #147948

Too bad there couldn't be a permanent post at the top

They really must be the most talked about on this forum. I always check here now for comments. Had a ss call me today while I was driving. I couldn't accept the signing, but I checked the name when I got home. Lo and behold, he has a bad rep. Now I know. Smile

Reply by Brenda/CA on 9/22/06 11:19pm
Msg #147951

Re: Too bad there couldn't be a permanent post at the top

Even if there was a permanent symbol at the top reading "SOX" it would do no good. It could have the universal red slash for no going through it, flash, flicker, and make noise, and it would still be missed. I think it should go right next to the invisible bright orange "search" button that is hidden at the top. If people would just take the time to search and read they could avoid these problems. The only thing that keeps SOX in business are the people that enable them by accepting work from them.

Reply by cassiewi on 9/22/06 11:27pm
Msg #147954

Re: Too bad there couldn't be a permanent post at the top

LOL. I personally didn't find this forum until August and the last job I completed for them was in June, so I didn't know about SOX. Before I posted though, I read the board, learned about the search button, so I understand what you're saying. It was more of a wish than anything, really. But I think the symbol you're describing would do wonders to get attention.

Reply by David Kral on 9/28/06 11:06am
Msg #149044

Title Gal

I am well aware SOX does not pay. I have not done a signing for them in 18 months. They still call me on the rare occassiona and I decline. My rant was prompted by a couple recent posts by other that have gotten burn. I can't send SOX's clients to someone else since I don't close for them any more and do not know who the clients are. Still others that have closed recently might be so inclined, which is why I posted my comments. If I could think of another legal way to put SOX out of business, I would do it! I understand that occassionally a signing company goes broke and does not know how to manage the volatility of this business but with SOX it is different...it is intentional on their part...and that is what ticks me off!

Reply by Gary_CA on 9/22/06 11:22pm
Msg #147953

HEY ALLAN where are you? They're pickin' on your girl again

I'm bad... his computer must be broken or something.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.