Notary Rotary
SOX, How to collect
Notary Discussion History

SOX, How to collect
Go Back to September, 2006 Index

Posted by JustANotary on 9/17/06 10:05am
Msg #146591

SOX, How to collect

I tried calling them & faxed my invoice over & over again. They did not respond to anything until I posted a complaint with the BBB. Here is the link:
http://www.labbb.org

Their response was that I was never had faxed them or called them! They called me a liar! It appears that they just have no intention to pay until you post a complaint with the BBB. I was paid 150 days from the day of the signing.

Reply by Joy223 on 9/17/06 1:45pm
Msg #146610

What about sending a letter with a delivery confirmation? I would think it would be proof enough if you have that unless you don't have a mailing address. I have seen so many posts about this company. Not sure what I would say to them if they did call me for a signing......probably will just tell them I don't work for companies that won't pay the notaries that work for them. But then maybe just a simple No will work too since it doens't seem to be getting through to them that people are not going to take this laying down. Just my 2 cents worth.
Everyone have a great week!

Reply by MelissaCT on 9/18/06 12:30pm
Msg #146755

Re: Certified mail

IGNORED...BBB is the only way to get paid by SOX

Reply by Amy Boyd on 9/21/06 12:10pm
Msg #147484

Re: Certified mail

Melissa,

I thought the BBB didn't deal with payment issues?

Reply by Glenn Strickler on 9/17/06 4:19pm
Msg #146624

Send collection letters through the mail certified return receipt and make them sign for it. They can always deny a fax or an email.

Reply by Roger Kennedy on 9/17/06 6:54pm
Msg #146644

Yes, that worked for me too. I finally got paid all of my $655. I even waited 4 days to make sure the check was good.

Reply by James Yeargan on 9/18/06 2:00am
Msg #146668

For what it's worth, I have faxed and used their online invocie ( www.soxusa.net ), and never had a problem getting paid. Maybe I am just lucky.

Reply by BrendaTx on 9/18/06 5:40am
Msg #146671

Mr. Yeargan -

**For what it's worth, I have faxed and used their online invocie ( www.soxusa.net ), and never had a problem getting paid. Maybe I am just lucky.**

Since I notice you are from Georgia, you must be an attorney.

I hope you are so that we can see the difference between payment methods of SoX to notaries (99% non-existent) and of SoX to attorneys (which obviously works).

If you are not an attorney, they know you should have been, that is, if they were using you to act as a loan closer.

Reply by cassiewi on 9/18/06 8:45am
Msg #146689

Amen Brenda n/m

Reply by James Yeargan on 9/21/06 1:50am
Msg #147389

Re: Mr. Yeargan -

Hi Brenda. Yes, I am an attorney. I often wonder if many (if not most) of these ss companies have a system that makes sure attorneys get paid first. I'll let you know if there is any delay in collecting my current balance from Sox.

Reply by BrendaTx on 9/21/06 5:53am
Msg #147395

Re: Mr. Yeargan - thanks. That would be interesting. n/m

Reply by Gary_CA on 9/18/06 11:28am
Msg #146732

Did they pay ya a bonus to post that? n/m

Reply by Amy Boyd on 9/21/06 12:27pm
Msg #147491

Amazingly, I have always recieved payment even with their ridiculous payment schedule of 60 days. It has just been recently that their payments are now pushing 90 days. They do not communicate at all and my most recent check was short one job and the note on the pay stub was : Borrower's name-(0) NTN.

What does that mean?!

Reply by Richard Lanz on 10/1/06 6:19pm
Msg #149680

I appreciate your link to the BBB. Same story SOX owes me over $600 from May 06- to present. Have faxed invoices monthly, left emails and voice mails with no return calls from Brandy. I did my part and now have to beg and go to the BBB. I will be make the call Monday. A word of warning to all Notaries. Signing with SOX has not been a good experience for me. I looked at the business rating the BBB gives them and I agree.

Reply by CaliNotary on 10/1/06 9:58pm
Msg #149700

If they hadn't paid your for signings you did in May, why did you keep accepting work from them? Even if you didn't know anything about their payment history, it's still extremely foolish to accept any more work from a company if they haven't paid you for earlier signings.

I could see accepting signings up through maybe 45 days after the first one, but beyond that you have nobody to blame but yourself. They showed you their intentions by handing them to you on a silver platter with an engraved note that said "we're not going to pay you squat" and you ignored it. Most companies aren't quite that generous, they'll at least give you the runaround instead of flat out ignoring you.

Reply by Ace/Ca on 10/1/06 7:36pm
Msg #149687

Thanks for the advice to go to BBB. Have the same payment issues with overdue invoiced payments. Made phone calls, faxes and emails, no answer. Will update everone on payment and BBB status. N

Reply by Richard Lanz on 10/6/06 10:38pm
Msg #150826

Up date !! After following the boards advise (I was at a loss as of what to do) I called the BBB. Within a short time I received a call from SOX Accounts Payable Manager. She went through my last couple months invoices with me. Within a couple days I received check for all service rendered.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.