Notary Rotary
SOX - I got paid!!
Notary Discussion History

SOX - I got paid!!
Go Back to September, 2006 Index

Posted by lmkf/va on 9/14/06 1:03pm
Msg #146035

SOX - I got paid!!

I just wanted to let everyone know that filing a complaint with the BBB does pay off. I did a signing for SOX in March 2005. Invoiced and called numerous times to receive payment. You know the drill. There has been a lot of talk lately on this board about SOX not paying and it riled me up. I decided to file a complaint and lo and behold I got a call from Amy at Sox several days later asking me why I was just bringing this up now. Can you imagine? I told her about all of my past attempts to collect payment. She had a huge attitude but told me that she would be cutting a check. I thought yeah right. A few days later I was notified that SOX responded to my compaint at the BBB. I logged in and read their rebuttal. Sure enough they totally lied saying that I had violated the company policy and that I had never invoiced them, so on and so forth. I of course made my rebuttal but pretty much thought that I wasn't getting paid. Well the check came today!!! They may be lying to the BBB to save face, but I got paid. I would encourage anyone who hasn't gotten paid, no matter how long it has been, to file a complaint with the BBB. It can't hurt and at least SOX's rating might get to where it belongs, a big F.

Reply by cassiewi on 9/14/06 1:09pm
Msg #146038

You are very correct. They lied in their response to me as well. I called them on it. Their response to my rebuttal? Check cut and mailed #-----. I thought that was funny. Good for you. The more that people report, the better off they'll be. It's ridiculous that they get away with it. March??? Wow and I thought my June was bad. One of the other co. I reported sent me an email yesterday saying "Removing you from our database" and that was it. I replied, "Thank you, it's much appreciated". What a joke.

Reply by MelissaCT on 9/14/06 5:31pm
Msg #146156

Re: SOX - me too

hope the check isn't a rubber one...same scenario - they stated invalid claim in their rebuttal, but lo and behold (after over 2 years!) I got a check today. Of course, that's not covering ones that are almost 3 years past due, but some is better than none. I'm not doing any further business with them, haven't in over 2 years, anyway...

Reply by Elizabeth Soliday on 9/14/06 7:22pm
Msg #146194

Learned a lesson

I didn't get anything, they are still mad at me for "slandering" their name on this board. I did learn a valuable lesson through this though, to watch what I say on the board because my client companies may be reading it. From now on, I am not joking around, it's all business for me. Frown If I don't have anything intelligent to say, I won't say anything.

I'm glad you two got paid.

Reply by Gary_CA on 9/14/06 8:01pm
Msg #146205

Never give up

Here I go again, just call me Winston...

You did not slander them on this board.

Even if you had that does not change the debt.

It was a good lesson learned because other good clients might also be reading, but don't let them pull that crap... proceed with your collection.

P.S. If my future clients are reading, be assured that I intend to be paid for my work and to work for my pay.

Reply by cassiewi on 9/14/06 8:46pm
Msg #146218

Gary's right

You did not slander them by telling the truth on a message board. The fact is, they owe you money, you have not been paid. You DESERVE to be paid for work performed. I will not hesitate any longer when someone doesn't pay me. It's ridiculous to have to go through all that drama to get your pay. Had they paid any of us on time like they were supposed to, this would not have happened. Don't give up.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.