Notary Rotary
SOX on TV
Notary Discussion History

SOX on TV
Go Back to September, 2006 Index

Posted by LIZ/VA on 9/3/06 12:11pm
Msg #143238

SOX on TV

Has anyone ever thought about or tired to contact someone like 20/20, or other magazine shows, or maybe even their local TV station to have them investigated? Just a thought!

Reply by LkArrowhd/CA on 9/3/06 12:34pm
Msg #143239

Interesting I wrote a piece to 60 MINUTES on the ss industry

It went no where or I ever heard a thing......I share this with a board member. I have always been able to collect but this person was and still is owed huge dollars from one ss......

Reply by JM_NY on 9/3/06 4:16pm
Msg #143254

Not a sixty minuets or 20/20 piece. It only effects a small population of people. The Signing Agent not getting paid. Maybe how the Mortgage industry is now nationwide with the availability of the Internet and how many signing agents there are now..

Reply by LkArrowhd/CA on 9/3/06 4:37pm
Msg #143258

The article encompassed all aspects of the loan industry

and that in itself would most certainly be a 60 minute or 20/20 piece, who made you the tv police and as to what goes on the air?

Reply by JM_NY on 9/3/06 4:46pm
Msg #143259

Re: The article encompassed all aspects of the loan industry

Maybe because my husband works for 60 minuets I have knowledge as to what they look for. Also I suggested the Mortgage industry years ago to him and was told point blank.

Reply by LkArrowhd/CA on 9/3/06 4:48pm
Msg #143260

Re: Oh well then let me send it on over to where my hubby

works at 20/20......

Reply by JM_NY on 9/3/06 4:55pm
Msg #143262

No problem I wait for the air date n/m

Reply by aatatusko on 9/3/06 8:07pm
Msg #143280

I don't understand how a simple question, suggestion, or answer
always turns into an problem on this board. I have been reading
and learning for many months and I usually just look at the posters
who are members (mistakenly thinking they won't fool around with
b.s.) I used to read every day, now maybe once a week because
of all this foolishness. I don't mind the OT topics, I like the jokes,
etc., but this petty s@#! as to go.

Reply by BrendaTx on 9/3/06 9:08pm
Msg #143282

**I don't understand how a simple question, suggestion, or answer always turns into an problem on this board. **

It is not this board. It is the nature of people. Many people, many opinions, many experiences yields many variables and an infinite number of outcomes.

Since I have served on many paid positions, as well as volunteer positions, in varied organizations as the "point of contact" or the group communicator, or secretary, I have seen this in the board room and in the church Sunday School room where the board of the church is meeting.

There are some subjects that should not be discussed in group where many strong opinions exist. Never are politics allowed into these settings. And, religion, on when the group itself is a religious one. When such subjects are banned on a forum, the forum will be more civilized. People have strong opinions on religion and politics and these things will yield hot words.

However, any idea will have opposition.

Try attending a city council meeting to see how many opinions on one single change to a community exist. You'll get the point.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.