Notary Rotary
SS contract contains fees less than what I work for
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2006 Index

Posted by Elizabeth Soliday on 9/11/06 10:22pm
Msg #145312

Bancserv just emailed me a notary packet and in it is a contract that contains the fees they will pay. They want to pay $50/signing, $45/equity loan, $25 Edoc (which is fine with me), but due to my expenses, I need to charge $75/signing.

It does say, "Any other services rendered by Notary, such as travel fees, receiving documents via fax, photocopying documents, pick up and delivery of documents, etc. shall be negotiated prior to the signing appointment and approved by management."

BUT as a newbie, I was wondering...

1. How everyone else has "made known" their pricing?

2. Has anyone had to just not sign the contract because the pay quoted in it was too low?

It's time I had a method to this madness Smile

Reply by hcampersFL on 9/11/06 10:25pm
Msg #145314

What I do is quote my prices with each phone call. If they can't meet them or negotiate with me on them then I wish them luck. I am always polite and courteous and wish them good luck. No since arguing about it. They run their business their way and I'll run mine my way!

Reply by ReneeK_MI on 9/12/06 5:48am
Msg #145389

In the beginning, I marked up every contract to fit MY business plan - and I didn't commit to any fee structures, but would only write "to be negotiated on a per/assignment basis."

Then I downloaded the contract that would be the catalyst for revising my business procedures - it was a 27 page contract. At that point, I decided the whole contract issue was utterly ridiculous. I have not signed a contract since, and will not. (One exception - one co I did a job for had a single page ack. attesting to my NOT being an employee - no prob w/ that).

I got a real kick out of this - after one assignment w/ a co new to me, they sent a contract over for me to sign, as their requirement to paying me. Sure, I was not pleased w/ THAT protocol - bit simply & politely let them know I do not sign contracts. Period. The response? Not word-for-word, but to this effect: "You're right, these are stupid, plus I hate the paperwork, I'm not asking for these anymore." =) The owner of the co and I enjoyed an intelligent and enlightening conversation about it, and established a very nice relationship. =)

Reply by Elizabeth Soliday on 9/12/06 9:44am
Msg #145430

Thank you for your responses n/m

Reply by MistarellaFL on 9/12/06 4:18pm
Msg #145566

I don't sign contracts with anyone.
Sometimes I work for those co.'s, but at my fees, not theirs.
I nicely declined their "offer", and let them know I'd be glad to work for them on a per diem basis AT MY FEES.
Although I don't get the lion's share of their closings in my area for those co.'s, they do call me as a "last resort" and pay my fee.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.