Notary Rotary
Same borrower 2 SS
Notary Discussion History

Same borrower 2 SS
Go Back to September, 2006 Index

Posted by Ndwa on 9/15/06 12:06am
Msg #146247

Same borrower 2 SS

SS #1 (new to me) called for a last minute appointment last night, but won't budge at my fee for a rural area that I know have very few notary coverage. Lender/TC must be PO'ed b/c they probably found a cheapo who couldn't get docs printed, mind you this lender's docs are date sensitive. so SS #2 (one of my regular) got the signing today. They called me with my fee met b/c they're probably on their way to the bank with a new account.

Reply by Tess/ME on 9/15/06 8:40am
Msg #146292

That has happened to me quite a few times. I've been told that it is hard to find a notary/signing agent in this area so sometimes the first SS that was given the assignment gives up after a while and then it is too late so the next one, usually the next day, "picks up the ball and runs with it". One borrower in a closing I had a couple of months ago was very anxious for it to take place that day and they had 3 SS's working on it at the same time, along with the Title company and over a two hour span I was called by all of them.

Reply by LawrenceOK on 9/15/06 9:20am
Msg #146300

Re: Same borrower 2 SS...Same borrower 4 SS's

One week I had four SS's call me for the same signing and not one of them would budge over $75 w/e-docs. This particular signing was 51 miles 1-way and I was the closest notary to the borrowers. 2 weeks later, I get a call from the TC for the same signing, TC is PO because now it's a re-sign. TC says from now on, they will just call me direct. I love it when low ball SS's lose clients because they go notary shopping.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.