Notary Rotary
Saturday night closings
Notary Discussion History

Saturday night closings
Go Back to September, 2006 Index

Posted by MasterCloser on 9/17/06 2:45pm
Msg #146612

Saturday night closings

is it rare to have them scheduled for then? It was my first Sat closing. This one place has been giving me 2-3 per week lately Hope it lasts.

Reply by Signing_Doc on 9/17/06 2:59pm
Msg #146613

Saturday night...sunday...sunday night...anytime between 6am and 11pm (at least that's MY working hours)...but yes, it might have been the best, most convenience time for the bo's. Part of the 'game'

Reply by LkArrowhd/CA on 9/17/06 3:30pm
Msg #146619

Re: Hey Doc made some chicken soup with matzo balls

for our chilly weather this weekend....oh sooooo yummmmmmmy.........

Reply by Signing_Doc on 9/17/06 4:34pm
Msg #146626

Re: Hey Doc made some chicken soup with matzo balls

with or without shmaltz?

Reply by Charles_Ca on 9/17/06 4:52pm
Msg #146629

Are we talking music or lard? n/m

Reply by LkArrowhd/CA on 9/17/06 6:06pm
Msg #146634

Re: without n/m

Reply by Signing_Doc on 9/17/06 6:29pm
Msg #146637

Re: without

ahh...poor baby...I'm sure they were good....BUT they are SOOOO much better with schmaltz (for those of you not initiated...schmaltz is chicken fat)...mmmmmmmmmm

I use a combination of schmaltz and butter....2 days to make the soup....3 dozen or so matzo balls....mmmmmmmm...can't wait until it get cold enuff here....

Reply by Gary_CA on 9/17/06 6:45pm
Msg #146639

Sounds like biscuits and gravy...

I wouldn't make that without some fat either (the biscuits or the gravy)... My only exposer to matzo was the breakfast pancake variety. I guess it shouldn't be a surprise that you can make pancakes out of soaked and mashed up crackers, but it seemed like an extra step to me.

Bagels and lox are a much more significant contribution to gastronomical culture if you ask me.

Reply by LkArrowhd/CA on 9/17/06 6:57pm
Msg #146647

Re: No No I have an alternative but less fattening and not

a soul ever knows the difference however you might Doc.....

Reply by Signing_Doc on 9/17/06 7:17pm
Msg #146648

Re:and not a soul ever knows the difference

ah....so you're saying I have no soul eh?.....Now Jews got soul....e.g. Sammy Davis...(yes he was mishpocha)...BUT "Jews Don't Camp" (yes it's a song)...

LOL

Reply by Charles_Ca on 9/17/06 7:47pm
Msg #146651

Re: without

I guess there might be a little variation on the defiition of schmaltz, in Russian we always referred to it as any rendered fat. My grandmother who spent some time in Germany as a Russian during the war was not treated any better than other so-called non-aryans were. My grandmother liked lard on pumpernickle with salt, she said that after several years as a guest of the government it was all she could think of becasue of the lack of food while incarcerated.

Reply by LkArrowhd/CA on 9/17/06 3:29pm
Msg #146617

Re:Master I seldom if ever do closings at all on the weekend

mine are generally during the weekdays, early evening but I have no problem with weekend closings just don't get calls for them....

Reply by Signing_Doc on 9/17/06 6:32pm
Msg #146638

Re: Re:Master I seldom if ever do closings at all on the wee

my only "closed" time is from sundown Friday (about 5pm) to sundown Saturday (again about 5pm)...anytime b4 or after is fair game for me...will even work all holidays....again except Rosh Hashonnah (starts Friday evening) and Yom Kippur (about 10 days after)...Otherwise, "Have Prius, Will Travel"

"Doc"

Reply by kathy/ca on 9/17/06 7:42pm
Msg #146649

It's gettin kind of late have you seen my mates, Ma tell me

when the boys get here, Saturday, Saturday, Satuday, Saturday, Saturday, I like, I like, alllllright.........sorry, got carried away, gotta love Elton John! Okay, I almost always have at least a couple on Saturdays but this weekend, I was out of town and it could have possibly been my best weekend EVER, had to turn down several.

Reply by Bob_Chicago on 9/17/06 7:56pm
Msg #146653

Dox, is that Prius or Paius? n/m

Reply by Bob_Chicago on 9/17/06 7:58pm
Msg #146654

Ooops, Meant Doc n/m

Reply by MistarellaFL on 9/18/06 8:40am
Msg #146684

Rarely do I get a request for weekend closings.
Occasionally a Sat AM or afternoon, but that's about it.
It seems to me that most TC's are pretty stringent about closing on weekends, but that's just my take.
When I do have a Sat closing, usually the docs are ON'ed and the brw's have been well-prepared with terms and fees.
I like having my weekends free as well.

Reply by BetsyMI on 9/18/06 9:58am
Msg #146712

I do not like working weekends at all, including Friday nights, which I seem to get most calls for. I worked in the airline industry for many years and had my fill of working weekends. I don't need to do that at this phase in my life.

I try to do most closings in the afternoons and early evenings. Did get one call for a closing on a Sat night at 9pm! The scheduler and I both laughed since she knew what I'd say and what every other notary was saying as she went down her list. I preferred to spend Sat night at dinner and a movie with significant other.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.