Notary Rotary
Signatures plus trouble collecting
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2006 Index

Posted by Spinnaker Closings, Inc. - TJ on 9/24/06 8:48pm
Msg #148286

Having trouble collecting for work done for Signatures plus, anyone else having trouble with them? Received a call after 3 months telling me that check was sent, then called 2 days later to see if I receive check. Debbie Hastings? Sounds like double talk to me.

Reply by cassiewi on 9/24/06 8:54pm
Msg #148289

Do a search and you will see there are problems. I should have gone to their bank to cash the check, I have one right now that has bounced and I am awaiting new funds. If I don't have it by the end of next week, I'm calling the OC district attorney's office. We have no B of A's in WI. I would've had to drive to IL. Good luck collecting. Also, their BBB report is horrible.

Reply by Spinnaker Closings, Inc. - TJ on 9/24/06 9:04pm
Msg #148291

Thanks for the input, I made the mistake of doing a 2nd one while trying to collect for the first.
Also, everyone should watch out for Washington Title of Livonia, MI. After doing work for them they want to renogotiate fees or won't pay at all. Had to call the lender in order to collect.

Reply by Stamper_WI on 9/25/06 12:44pm
Msg #148375

Cassie

Try your local DA first. I know a notary that was in the procees of working with her local DA in MN to charge a WI company for a bounced check. She was told to do it where the crime occured which was in MN when the check bounced. I believe its a felony in MN. When the culprit heard about the possible charges, she was paid.

Reply by DD/OR on 9/24/06 9:57pm
Msg #148295

Too bad you didn't see this board before accepting assignments from them. They called me several times for assignments but luckily I saw the negative posts about them and I declined. When I mentioned to them that they have a bad reputation of not paying notaries, the scheduler just laughed. Evil is a good word for them. Good luck. I suggest faxing them 100 pages a day of an invoice to tie up their fax machine. That will get you paid real quick. Good luck.

Reply by Brad_CA on 9/24/06 10:23pm
Msg #148300

http://www.labbb.org/BBBWeb/Forms/Business/CompanyReportPage_Expository.aspx?CompanyID=100006266

Reply by TitleGalCA on 9/24/06 10:49pm
Msg #148304

Brad you are always a source of information! Thanks much n/m

Reply by Gary_CA on 9/25/06 7:24am
Msg #148319

How to be a succesful deadbeat

If you read these BBB reports often enough you start to see a trend.

SOX apparently had a D rating at one time, now they have a C
Signature Plus has an F

What's the difference? Sox gives a BS reply to their complaints, Sig Plus ignores theirs.

BBB reports leave much to be desired, but they're the only thing ya got.

Reply by Spinnaker Closings, Inc. - TJ on 9/25/06 9:05am
Msg #148335

Re: How to be a succesful deadbeat

Thanks for the info, filed "another complaint" with BBB just because what else can we do?
Will pass the word among local's np's

Reply by Andrea Ciardo on 9/25/06 10:37am
Msg #148351

I think you may want to try ripoff report. They seem to have more "teeth " if you will. You have nothing to loose by checking them out. From what I read, they actually have attornies who may consider class action suits if enough people are complaining about the same thing.

Reply by Stamper_WI on 9/25/06 2:33pm
Msg #148387

At one time someone suggested that thr IRS might be interested in these folks. Wheter or not they are claiming they paid their vendors. Is there anything to that? I noticed that right after it was mentioned and the BBB resource was becoming an outlet, SOX began to pay. Anything to that?

Reply by Pam Hernandez on 10/5/06 10:40am
Msg #150454

Did you ever find out if the IRS could help? I am waiting for payment on four signings that date back to March. Sure wish I would have looked on Notary Rotary before I accepted the signings. I get the runaround like everyone else. I would be interested in any information on how to collect from Signatures Plus. Stopped taking assignments from SOX a long time ago because of slow or no pay.

Reply by Christine Ortiz on 5/4/07 6:41pm
Msg #188891

Message Deleted

This message has been deleted by a forum moderator.

Reason: Author Request - Special Exception

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.