Signing Services...
Notary Discussion History

Signing Services...
Go Back to September, 2006 Index

Posted by LovelyLaLa on 9/27/06 6:18pm
Msg #148922

Signing Services...

Hello All!
I am new to the loan signing service and was wondering if anyone ciuld refer any good and "reputable" signing services I could join, just to get started! I will continue to market myself independently, but wanted to jump right in until I am on my feet and have some experience under my belt.

Your feedback is GREATLY appreciated! Thanks.

Reply by Brad_CA on 9/27/06 6:23pm
Msg #148925

If you are a priemier member on Not Rot you may click on the signing central tab above and then click on signing services. There is an excellent list there. However, if you are not a priemier member you will not be able to view their phone numbers. Hope this helps.

Reply by LovelyLaLa on 9/27/06 6:24pm
Msg #148927

Great Brad! Thanks for such a speedy response. I will try that!

Reply by CaliNotary on 9/27/06 6:25pm
Msg #148928

I'm sure this isn't exactly the feedback you want, but why exactly would you expect us to hand over a list of our hard earned contacts to you? It's not exactly good business to give your competition the tools they need to reduce your own level of business.

Reply by Signing_Doc on 9/27/06 7:05pm
Msg #148937

Re: Signing Services...this is not exactly pertinent to your

topic, but before anyone else says it and offends you...you MAY want to change your "handle"...LovelyLaLa doesn't EXACTLY exude professionalism in THIS industry. Now, here in Las Vegas, that name would get you some business both ON and OFF the strip (if you catch my drift). In case you are not aware, signing services (and others) constantly 'surf' this website and get a drift of you in what/and how you post, i.e. your comments, and grammar. Therefore (just a suggestion), you MAY want to rethink your "handle" here. Good luck...what I did when I started was go to the list on signing services, start with the ones where you can get a website (or do a google search for the website) and B4 you sign up, do a "search" on the signing service to see if they are worthy. A hint, SOX (Sign on the X) is a NO NO. "Doc" Stuart...Las Vegas NV

Reply by MichiganAl on 9/27/06 9:29pm
Msg #148970

You are so right Doc. I didn't even read the thread.

I just saw the name "LovelyLaLa," rolled my eyes, and thought to myself, "another fine professional has joined the ranks."

Reply by LIZ/VA on 9/27/06 7:20pm
Msg #148942

Hi LovelyLaLa,
Just want to wish you luck on your new business venture.
I have been a notary for more years than I can ( or want to) thinK a signing agent for about 3 years. and rather new myself to this website. HOWEVER, I want to encourage you by letting you know I have had many calls from this website, in a very short period of time.
Through the years I have found the signing agent business, comes and goes. To me it seems to be feast or famine. Each signing company is different, and the best advice on that is to READ very carefully all their instructions. Sometime you will get half way through the docs and find instructions, you should have read in the beginning telling you to use Blue ink, or vice versa. This is usually during a signing when the docs are already at the borrowers home before you arrive.
Some agencies require multiple faxbacks, others just ask a call in to say it is complete.
You may read the notary rotary reviews DAILY and it will help you sooner or later to learn all of the Bad guys or the REALLY BAD guys to keep away from. They offer you big bucks often, but the proof is in the pudding(paycheck).
Some agencies will ask you to invoice them, other do not require invoice.
After you have been in this a little longer, you will become spoiled by the paychecks in the mail.
We are never too old or too experienced to learn. I am still learning from all of the good information on this web site.
Oh, and one other thing, if you have not already done so, you might want to purchase one of the journals from this website. It is absolutely the very best for Signing Agents. Can't tell you how much time it saves, you will just have to see for yourself!
Again GOOD LUCK and don't compomise your principals for anyone or anything! Smile

Reply by LIZ/VA on 9/27/06 7:23pm
Msg #148944

P. S. Heed Doc's advice about SOX...they are one of the "Really Bad Ones". Smile Smile

Reply by JanetK_CA on 9/28/06 3:08am
Msg #148992

Don't compromise your "principles", either.... ! ;>Wink

Reply by LIZ/VA on 9/28/06 8:30am
Msg #149014

Well, some of us can't spell, sometimes....Thanks for the correction. Have a great day!

Reply by Next Level Notary Services - LaShawn on 9/29/06 11:48pm
Msg #149432

Thank you so much for your positive feedback, it is greatly appreciated.

Reply by Margaret_FL on 9/27/06 7:26pm
Msg #148945

When I was doing this line of work, I signed up with over 300 signing services. It was 3 months before I got my first call. Be patient and always have a backup income due to the payment terms. Some pay in 1-2 weeks and others take 60-90 days. My bills have to be paid every month.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.