Notary Rotary
Sox... Can we just finish this ?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2006 Index

Posted by Andrea Ciardo on 9/23/06 11:58am
Msg #148079

Hi Everyone. I know we are ALL fed up to HERE with sox. So here's what I propose ... this is right off the RIP- OFF REport site...

We are anxious and willing to join forces with victims and attorneys to stand up for the rights of consumers and help them get justice. E-mail us. Both victims and attorneys should send their e-mails to: [e-mail address]

I think there are enough of you out there that this could warrant a class action suit.
Now all you need to do is email them and follow thru.

Posting and warning newbies is always a good thing. I think we should all stop the griping and DO something. Maybe , by banding together and putting them out of business, will be a warning to any other company that tries to pull what they do.
So how about it?

Reply by FastCA on 9/23/06 1:30pm
Msg #148093

Sounds like a good idea!

Reply by Lee/AR on 9/23/06 2:06pm
Msg #148098

I just did. Lots of contact info in here.

They had until today to pay me. They didn't, so I am following through.
Filed a BBB complaint, too. My bad... yes, I KNOW SOX is bad, but didn't know it was SOX who called & when I received the CO, it was too late to call SOX & docs arrived the next a.m. Signing for a neighbor who I didn't want to work over... so I went & documented the daylights out of everything I did to get paid, knowing it would come to this. Here are some interesting numbers for SOX:
SOX a/k/a Sign on the X a/k/a SOX Signing Solutions with offices in CA and some place in NY, too.
Here’s what I found:
3 different ‘correct’ fax numbers for Invoicing SOX (Caution, there may be more!)
Their Order - (949) 313-1762. Fax goes thru, but you aren’t paid.
Their Invoice form - (949) 643-7031. Fax goes thru, too, but you aren’t paid.
Their Website - (949) 643-7007. This one doesn’t work at all. Just rings & rings & rings.

Additional Warning – This Invoice form is the ONLY thing they will recognize and all Invoices must be sent on this form--which can only be obtained if you specifically request it from the Scheduler or obtain it from their website. Of course, they don’t TELL you that, but this info is available on their Website.
which is: www.soxusa.net
Other contact information of interest:
The man to contact if you are unhappy with their lack of service. He can’t do anything and isn’t the right person to contact, but I’m sure he’s a lonely fellow so you might want to give him a heads up about your problems getting paid. Brian Milius e-mail: [e-mail address]
And, last, but not least, here’s the e-mail address for Accounts Payable: [e-mail address]

When all this fails miserably, you can contact:
The Better Business Bureau & file a complaint: http://www.bbb.org/
But, before you do that, you might want to read ALL the complaints that have been filed by notaries and good ol’ SOX’ standard excuse for not paying them at:
http://www.labbb.org/BBBWeb/Forms/Business/CompanyReportPage_Expository.aspx?CompanyID=13134410
Be sure to go about half way down this page on the right hand side to where it says “Complaint Experience”. There is a ‘Click here’ link that will allow you to see complaints in detail along with SOX reply… actually it’s more a litany of the same old, same old ‘notary did not fax invoice’. Otherwise known as “the Blame the Notary game”.

Reply by ML/PA on 9/23/06 3:00pm
Msg #148106

This is what I do....

Thankfully I never did a job for them but I would definately contact the title company AND lender, let them know how they do not pay then let them know if a complaint is filed they will have to be named in it . I would also recommend to them a few of the great signing companies that they may want to consider using instead of a deadbeat company. I am not giving legal advise but it works for me , every time, especially when I let the signing company know my intentions. Good luck.

Reply by MasterCloser on 9/23/06 3:27pm
Msg #148113

Re: once i hear SOX on the phone,,,,i just say no thank you

i DO

Msg #148114

i DO

Msg #148115

I SAY NO THANK YOU,,,,,,sorry about all these posts,,,,,mistakes happen

Reply by Beverly Paulson on 7/20/07 2:06pm
Msg #201036

I too have been ripped off by SOX. I have tried everything to collect. My first closing was in March billed the 1st of April and am still waiting for payment. I closed 8 for them and have yet to be paid. I entered the closings on their web site, faxed and called repeatedly. The accounts payable is always out and will call back within 48 hrs. I have yet to receive a call or check.

The ones that have called me for signings seem so professional, I can't believe they don't pay the ones that do the work for them to get paid.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.