Notary Rotary
Sox response to my BBB compl. guess checks not in the mail
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2006 Index

Posted by Elizabeth Soliday on 9/12/06 10:43pm
Msg #145667

Just another excuse to get out of paying...again, by the way, in my complaint I stated that they should get on this forum and explain to everyone how to get paid.

"This notary never called our office for her problem with payment she did not follow our policy and invoice us for the signings that she completed. She then goes on www.notaryrotary.com and slandered our company and complained to the BBB. We would have been more than happy to help her with her problem but she decided to contact everyone else but our company for help."

Reply by Lee/AR on 9/12/06 11:01pm
Msg #145671

So what? They still haven't sent you a check! I have looked at all the complaints about SOX on the BBB website. There are many of SOX replies (sorry ol' excuses) ....over & over & over. It's all the notary's fault. There is a place for the complainant to offer a rebuttal... but I don't remember seeing but one! Go get 'em, Elizabeth. Don't let them get away with their constant 'blame the notary' game. I don't care if you shout it on the rooftops and stop people in the street---SOX STILL OWES YOU. All I can tell you is to specifically state in your rebuttal the dates or number of times you called, e-mailed, faxed, whatever BEFORE you yowled at the BBB.

Reply by Elizabeth Soliday on 9/12/06 11:08pm
Msg #145672

I had gotten a call on 9/5 stating the check was in the mail n/m

Reply by cassiewi on 9/12/06 11:18pm
Msg #145673

Re: I had gotten a call on 9/5 stating the check was in the mail

Send in a rebuttal like Lee said, dates you called, faxed. I did, I used every available space I could, especially when they stated they had spoken to me on the phone. I got the check yesterday and it was cut the day they made their rebuttal. Don't take it, respond and don't give up. You don't get a lot of room, but do the best you can. Good Luck!

Reply by Lee/AR on 9/12/06 11:22pm
Msg #145674

Re: I had gotten a call on 9/5 stating the check was in the mail

Call from SOX? So...they lied again. What a surprise! Put it in the rebuttal at the BBB. You can get mail from anywhere in this country to anywhere in this country in 4 days. Been longer than that.

Reply by MelissaCT on 9/13/06 6:50am
Msg #145690

Re: Similar response

This notary did a signing for us in 2004 but she never invoiced us she said she has been calling customer service and our company dosent have a customer service Department. She also said she talked to the president of our company named Jennifer and the owner of our companies name is not Jennifer. She hasnt called our company for help with this since 2004 she didnt even try to get this resolved before she slandered our company.

I did invoice each month (have the backup to prove it), in addition I have all emails sent since 2004 (what can I say, I'm a pack-rat for non-paying companies). What a crock! Bottom line is that they at least admit that I did complete work for them which they have not yet paid.

Reply by MelissaCT on 9/13/06 7:19am
Msg #145691

Re: Similar response

The girl, who was VERY rude, said they were cutting my check that day, also. Now, BBB rebuttal from them states invalid complaint.

My response to their rebuttal:

Invoiced on the 1st of each month (per their invoicing process) for several months. Certified letter sent, no response. Spoke with accounting dept several times. Spoke with scheduler EVERY TIME they called for additional work to be performed -- no additional work performed due to non-payment. It was 2 signings performed, procedure followed each time. SOX requires invoices to be faxed on the 1st of each month only (no other day) and claims that any amounts due are void after 90 days, thus ignoring invoices received by them until such time as they feel they don't have to pay for services rendered. Valid complaint submitted, legal action will be next step.

Reply by Lee/AR on 9/13/06 7:35am
Msg #145695

So. did you get the check, Melissa? n/m

Reply by MelissaCT on 9/13/06 8:13am
Msg #145704

Re: So. did you get the check, Melissa?

Not yet, & sounds like I'm not going to, although I was told they would be cutting the check the day they called. Their response to the BBB is an invalid claim...knew I shouldn't have held my breath on their statement that they'd cut me a check for monies owed...I don't look good with a blue face! LOL

Reply by Tracy_ME on 9/13/06 3:27pm
Msg #145806

Re: So. did you get the check, Melissa?

I used the collection letter found here in post#110293. It worked like a charm...had my check in less than 10 days.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.