Notary Rotary
Stewart Mortgage ...My Bad experiance
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2006 Index

Posted by m_fl on 9/5/06 5:47pm
Msg #143653

What a nightmare this company is or at least one of their employees.

I got a call at the end of the month asking to do a loan i said fine stated my fee and went on my way into a closing.

My phone rings as I am walking in and it is someone else from this company (Cynthia) and she is yelling at me about how i raise my fee and i can do so but i have to do it a certain way blah blah blah ... Well my phone cut out and I figured i would get on the phone and call back when i got done with my closing. FInish my closing and it is after 6 pm on the day before EOM. Well i cant get anyone and keep getting a system. SO i go online to check my emial (internet on my phone) to see if i have a confirmation and I do. I try again nothing and so i call borrower to confirm appt which is not home so i leave message. I go on to another appt. Well I just finish it up and my phone rings. It is the this Cynthia lady ... Saying I got your number from _______ (another notary who we refer each other) and was wondering if you could do this closing. I tell her well i have a confirmation for it and that i spoke with her earlier and my phone disconnected ... She starts yelling at me again ... and I SWEAR to god ... my phone died again ... later the borrower returned my call and i told her there was a mix up and I was not sure who was assigned to the job and left it at that ... I call back the next morning to Stewart and ask the receptionist for the managers name and to speak with him. She gives it to me and I leave a voicemail. I never heard anything more from them until today ... I get a letter in the mail saying because I have a poor attitude and hung up on her i was being removed from the database ... Now mind you she came off yelling at me so i call to speak with the company again. I call and low and behold it is her again .. yelling at me telling me i am unprofessional blah blah blah ... I am so happy to be out of these yahoo's database but I will be returning a call to her boss to tell him about her POOR attitude ... THe thing she is missing here is if I truely hung up on her ... why would I have bothered to call them back or call her boss to begin with???

Reply by FlaMac on 9/5/06 7:23pm
Msg #143669

Sorry to hear about your nightmare with them..

I have to say tho that I've done many for this company and never had any problems...but I don't recall ever working with Cynthia. Based on what happened to you...it sounds like she is the real problem. It's a shame because they pay on time and meet the fee.

I had a similar experience today with a broker who wanted docs backdated. BO refused to sign on Friday as interest rate was 2% higher than quoted. Didn't matter anyway because I got the docs DHL at 3pm..BO wasn't going to be available all afternoon...didn't know she needed proper ID with her POA that she was signing a 1st and 2nd on her MOTHERS condo..who is a convalescent. Had no clue about needing witness' or copy of POA. NOT!

I've been seeing alot of "dirty" loans lately. And as some on this site will tell you..I'm a real hard ass when it comes to the details. If the paperwork even smells the least bit fishy...I am not interested. We are signing agents not closers. Brokers work on commission the same as every other salesperson in the nation. Why take the risk?

Reply by SueW/Tn on 9/5/06 7:40pm
Msg #143673

For the 2nd time in as many weeks I'm going to say

something negative. FlaMac, first of all "dirty loans" are in the eye of the beholder. While I have seen loans I personally wouldn't want to pay for I have no clue as to why the borrower signed the loan. Oh gee, could it be he doesn't handle money well? Perhaps an awful CR? Or what about being laid off, or having illness in the family making them cash poor? I have seen a couple of loans that I thought "oh my" but my borrowers were delighted....hello? It's personal, you know, stuff we're not privy to. And as far as anyone on this site speaking about you being "a hard ass" when it comes to details...we're all pretty stubborn when it comes to backdating or doing anything that could/would compromise our commission. As usual I feel your information is dangerously flawed. A newbie that suddenly decides which loans are good and which are "dirty" is walking a fine line and will have a very short career.

Reply by FlaMac on 9/5/06 8:03pm
Msg #143678

You've proven that you will notarize anything regardless...

of what it is. And your type is the reason our industry has such a negative reputation...as well as this board. Everyone has the right to operate in the fashion they choice. FURTHER, as usual, you missed the point! The BO was not prepared to sign the documents. Period. Read before you type next time. The newbies are the ones that will be dragged into court when they do something they should not have because of your very ill-advised and unprofessional opinions.

Reply by SueW/Tn on 9/5/06 8:14pm
Msg #143683

yep, you're right

my job is to notarize signatures, NOT documents. It's not my job to insure the truthfullness of a document, it is my job to insure the ID of a signer, witness their signature and put them under oath if necessary. And your job Crusader? Advise? Testify? Give opinions?

Reply by Becca_FL on 9/5/06 8:26pm
Msg #143687

MissInformation has decided to come out and play tonight.

SueW, she'll NEVER get it. Don't waste the energy.

I do love your posts SueW and your attitude. Smile

Reply by hcampersFL on 9/5/06 9:50pm
Msg #143704

Sue you are shortly becoming one of my favorites.

You shoot straight and try to deliver it with out cutting anyone's heart out. The problem is that some people will never see it. Don't waste your breath or your fingers.
Beverly

Reply by KBLedgard_CA on 9/5/06 11:03pm
Msg #143731

Re: Sue you are shortly becoming one of my favorites.

"And your type is the reason our industry has such a negative reputation...as well as this board." So FlaMac, it has nothing to do with the fact that every notary in FL that *actually* knows their state laws believe you have ZERO credibility? Companies read your posts and think "Where did she get her notary commission, EBay?"

Reply by JanetK_CA on 9/6/06 12:47am
Msg #143768

Re: MissInformation has decided to come out and play tonight.

Don't you mean "misinformation"? ;>Wink Pun intended! Or was that what you meant? (Sorry, folks, I just couldn't help myself. )

Reply by Pamela on 9/5/06 10:19pm
Msg #143721

Flamac,

Flamac Good Evening,

You are absolutely correct.
One has to be very conscientious in this business
(see below thread, regarding notary and bank fraud).
It's the notary's commission/license and reputation on the line.

I applaud you!

Pam

Reply by hcampersFL on 9/5/06 10:26pm
Msg #143722

Pamela you should do a search on Flamac before you start

clapping.
b.

Reply by FlaMac on 9/5/06 10:40pm
Msg #143724

My search shows I know the law and I don't mess around..

with nonsense. Maybe check your reading glasses Miss Happy and recheck your info. I know you don't like my collection policies which leads me to believe you are either a lurking signing service or a broker on the side. Care to come clean my dear? I know I'm waisting my breath on you too... as you are one of the negative crowd. Guess with all the election stuff going on...I'm in the mood to try to make people better.

Reply by hcampersFL on 9/5/06 10:51pm
Msg #143728

That would be Mrs. Happy to you Flack mac. As for your

collection policies I could care less.
The biggest problem is your policy of going over the terms with the BR over the PHONE. I feel this is bordering on UPL and you trying to defend yourself here about this matter has caused you much of the negative backlash that you get.
What I don't like is your way of coming on this board and putting out bad information.
You hadn't been around for awhile...it sure was peaceful!
Oh by the way if I'm part of the "Negative crowd" I wear that like a badge of honor.

Reply by BrendaTx on 9/6/06 12:11am
Msg #143749

Beverly is neither a Signing Service, or a broker. n/m

Reply by FlaMac on 9/5/06 10:43pm
Msg #143725

If it smells fishy its gonna stink when you get cooked..lol. n/m

Reply by hcampersFL on 9/5/06 10:52pm
Msg #143729

Re: If it smells fishy its gonna stink when you get cooked..lol.

I'm sure you would know all about fishy smells.....LOL

Reply by KBLedgard_CA on 9/5/06 11:07pm
Msg #143732

Re: Flamac,

Well, Pamela supports you Aflac...that's all I need to know. Talk about the blind leading the blind.

Reply by Pamela on 9/5/06 11:28pm
Msg #143738

KBLedgard,

I know my notary laws and regulations.
I return error free documents and stay busy.

Your statements are unwelcome and very unprofessional.

Pamela

Reply by Charm_AL on 9/5/06 11:33pm
Msg #143741

Re: KBLedgard,

Pamela...I have never read another poster that plays both sides as well as you do. You do enjoy that fence post up your keister, don't you. Kyle is 100% right, if you are sucking up to flacmac, you don't know much about anything notarial.

Reply by KBLedgard_CA on 9/5/06 11:43pm
Msg #143744

Re: KBLedgard,

Charm, sooner or later, I hope she realizes that she cannot be all things to all people.

Reply by Becca_FL on 9/5/06 11:46pm
Msg #143746

Ouch! Pamel, "that fence post up your keister" must hurt!!!! n/m

Reply by Pamela on 9/5/06 11:48pm
Msg #143747

Charm,

Good Evening,

First of all I do not "suckup". As you know I speak my mind.
Secondly, we are all in this business together. We ARE NOT enemies.
I do not know what happened on this board before I started reading
it, but I do know that I do not have a problem, at all, with FlaMac.

She's and others on this board have been very supportive of me.

And I Thank her and them for all their help and assistance.

As you know, I used to be a social worker. I was also a supervisor.
Perhaps, if you knew more about me, you could understand me
just a little bit more. . .

Pam

Reply by Becca_FL on 9/6/06 12:19am
Msg #143752

Shut up and gi'me my food stamps be-otch!!!!!

Nice life?????

No wonder you started the loan signing thing.

I sure hope you did a better job then FLDCF did. I don't trust DCF and I don't trust social workers. You are over worked and under paid and really don't give a crap about the children that are left "in your care." How many kids did you lose last year? The whole system is a circle jerk and the children are the ones that suffer. Nice job, Pam!!!!!! Keep up the good work!!!! I'll keep collecting the social worker's kids and I'll keep on collecting money for them, year after year. Why don't you go back to doing the good work for the people and quit trying to fund your pocket.

I can't even go on.....this topic is so upsetting to me.

Reply by Pamela on 9/6/06 12:35am
Msg #143763

Becca,

You have good and bad in EVERY field and occupation.
You cannot "generalized" everyone.
And yes, the case loads are extremly high
as well as the stress level.

Sorry this topic upsets you, but there is a
whole world out there which doesn't operate
on a mortgage loan or notary seal.

In order to make a difference,
have you considered going into the
social work field?

Pam

Reply by Pamela on 9/6/06 12:42am
Msg #143766

Becca, Corrections

Needed to correct these words:

"generalize" extremely

Reply by Becca_FL on 9/6/06 12:49am
Msg #143770

Pamela, it does not matter...

I trust no social worker, period. Incompetent does not even begin to explain your role in the scheme of things. I'm sorry you choose to get into the field to help people. Obviously you got out because you realized that you could not.

Reply by Pamela on 9/6/06 1:07am
Msg #143779

Becca, Re: Pamela, it does not matter...

But it does matter!

"The system" is extremely large and bureaucratic.
The paperwork is mind blogging; the caseloads neverending.
And yes, it can quickly burn someone out.

There are people who should have never entered
the field, there are others who are very passionate
about the profession.

After almost 20 years, I've changed careers.

Pam

Reply by Becca_FL on 9/6/06 1:13am
Msg #143782

But Pamela, did you do anything to change it...

Or did you just give up and get out?

Reply by Pamela on 9/6/06 1:34am
Msg #143785

Becca, Re: But Pamela, did you do anything to change it...

In my opinion, the only way to change "the system"
is to privatize it. Bring in CEO's from the very large
fortune 500 companies, RAISE the salaries (so that the
field attracts the "brightest and best" ),
change the civil service system . . .stop all the
redundant paperwork . . .hire, hire, hire until
the caseloads are much less etc. . .

Stop the politics!

Due to work injuires I had to take an early retirement.
However, it was time to go. . .

Pam

Reply by Becca_FL on 9/6/06 1:35am
Msg #143786

Good for the children no doubt.

"After almost 20 years, I've changed careers."

"The system" is extremely large and bureaucratic.
The paperwork is mind blogging; the caseloads neverending.
And yes, it can quickly burn someone out."

Is that why they "misplace" little girls in the system?

Please tell us where this precious little girl is...we care! Where is Rilya Wilson????????????

PAMELA, WE CARE!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.findmissingkids.com/SpotlightRilyaW.htm

Reply by Pamela on 9/6/06 1:49am
Msg #143788

Becca, Re: Good for the children no doubt.

NO CHILD should be misplaced. The worker
wasn't doing her job plain and simple.
It's inexcusable!

Pam

Reply by FlaMac on 9/6/06 7:15am
Msg #143809

Wow, Becca, where you drinking when you wrote this? n/m

Reply by KBLedgard_CA on 9/5/06 11:39pm
Msg #143742

PAMELA

From what I can see, you still have some studying to do. Until you know about FlaMac, be cautious in who you support. No respecting FL notary agrees with her position. Even one of the most respected notaries in all of FL, Sylvia, is telling her she is incorrect. It is not our job to sell a loan or pass judgement on the terms. We have no knowledge of the person's circumstances (i.e. credit rating). As stated earlier, we are there to witness the signing and establish the identity(s) of the party(s) involved. We are not notarizing documents, we are notarizing signatures.

Reply by John_NorCal on 9/6/06 12:32am
Msg #143761

Re: PAMELA

He tells it like it is Pamela. You are very new to this field and to follow FlaMac's lead will be a death knell to you. Do a search on her, read her comments with an open eye and you will see why she is not respected here. As Kyle has pointed out, our jobs as notaries, is to verify the identity of the signers according to state regulations. Our job as a signing agent is to witness the signing, explain the function of the document and return the documents promptly. We are not concerned with the loan terms, or anything else that may pertain to the loan. We are DISINTERESTED parties, don't let anyone else tell you otherwise.

Reply by Pamela on 9/6/06 12:52am
Msg #143774

John,

Good Evening,

Oh yes, I know that as notaries we are "disinterested" parties.
However, there are certain circumstances (such as fraud), when a
notary cannot get involved (see the thread I posted earlier this evening).

Now, about two months ago, a customer complained to the signing company,
that I refused to inform her about the various rates (available from different
lenders), if she had a good rate, what I though of the loan etc. . .
I (repeatedly) informed her to speak to her loan officer.

The company said that I did a fine job (and I am still receiving assignments
from this agency).

And, I always keep my notary handbook as reference!

Pam

Reply by John_NorCal on 9/6/06 1:48am
Msg #143787

Re: Pamela,

of course if you know there is fraud involved you should not be involved. My post was not to attack anything that you have done so there is no need to defend your actions. I merely wanted to point out to you, as others have tried to do, that to follow FlaMac's leads in any business transaction, is to court disaster. If you conduct yourself as an unbiased, impartial, fair-minded notary you will be fine as your experience of two months ago has proven.

Reply by FlaMac on 9/6/06 7:31am
Msg #143815

SAID LIKE A TRUE BROKER-AGENT..You've proven you are never..

the disinterested party. If anyone is going to get sued its you, dude..for coercion when you hum and haw over an inflated interest rate while continuing to slide the paperwork toward the BO for signature. And, while you sit by and watch the broker lie to the BO on the phone. How thoroughly do you cover the RTC with Mr. BO? I spend at least 5 minutes doing so and I remind them again before I leave that they can CANCEL the loan anytime over those 3 days. In Florida, the BO is required to understand and approve of the document before notarization can commence!

You guys crack me up...you are like hords of locust. And, I hope you don't show this side of yourself to folks when you have your minister hat on...are you nasty to them too? Or is that just your "business side?"

Reply by Becca_FL on 9/6/06 12:34am
Msg #143762

PAMELA! What'cha have to say 'bout this Ms. Social Worker?

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1002401,00.html

The system IS flawed. Even YOU CAN NOT deny the truth! The children are at risk!

Reply by FlaMac on 9/6/06 7:21am
Msg #143812

Pam, ignore her. We can't change or help her. Its too late..

personally..I think she and other ladies in here need hormone therapy..or prozac. The latter should be a write off to occupational hazard..lol..with all we SA's go thru.. She must do something right when sitting with the BO tho...she's legit...she's a very successful SA..so I'm assuming she doesn't show this side of herself to themSmile What do ya' wanna' bet?

YOU are right...we are supposed to be allies not enemies...

Reply by KBLedgard_CA on 9/6/06 8:31am
Msg #143823

People who live in glass houses...

FlaMac, no self respecting notary in Florida (or out of it for that matter) lend ANY credibility to your comments. Becca is a respected member of this forum and is a VERY successful notary public. Please go back to the rock you crawled out from.

Reply by FlaMac on 9/6/06 8:56am
Msg #143826

So, you are anti-child protection too..how nice for your...

kids tho I pray you don't have any. Becca's ignorant rant about child services is so off base that between the two of you...neither could find your way out of a brown paper bag.

My brother-in-law worked for DCF the year before he entered law school. His main duty was to respond to emergency calls in the middle of the night where the parents were locked up in the bedroom smoking crack and the children hadn't eaten any food for days. They were scarred with cigerette burns, locked in closets and beaten.

One bad social worker does not make them all bad...nor does it mean the system has totally failed. DCF helps more children than it neglects.

In the same way, an intelligent person realize's that bad signing agents like YOU don't represent the knowledgable, ethical, hardworking ones like ME. Thank God!

Reply by hcampersFL on 9/6/06 9:02am
Msg #143827

Re: So, you are anti-child protection too..how nice for your...

You paint the world with a mighty broad brush.
Any person that lives in Florida and can read a newspaper knows that the Child Protection Services is poorly lacking.
Do they do some good? Sure. Even a blind pig can find an acorn once in awhile. On second thought maybe we should send out the pigs to find all children that are missing from the Foster care programs in Florida?
Get real the system in Florida is about as mucked up as it can be.

Reply by Becca_FL on 9/6/06 9:50am
Msg #143838

FlaMac...Huh?

>>>an intelligent person realize's that bad signing agents like YOU don't represent the knowledgable, ethical, hardworking ones like ME.<<<

I think you are the ONLY Florida SA that has this high opinion of yourself. Please do go back under the rock from which you crawled.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.