Notary Rotary
Stop SOX & a likes in their track
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2006 Index

Posted by Ndwa on 9/4/06 8:32am
Msg #143308

While I've only been stiffed once (ESS-Elite Signing of Cary/IL) and have been minding my own business long enough, I guess. I've gotten calls from SOX, but never agreed to work with them. So, all the non-payment craps have finally gotten to my nerve. Well, here I am on the eve of Labor Day looking to solve the myth behind their mysterious nopay. A click at SOX's BBB report and what's stated on their website about payment terms was shocking major. They are as followed:

http://www.labbb.org/BBBWeb/Forms/Business/CompanyReportExtensionPage.aspx?CompanyID=13134410&sm=#OtherConsiderations
**Some Notaries are reporting that e-mail addresses they have been instructed to use are no longer functional. Recent complaints allege that the company fails to pay invoices in accordance with the the company's written terms. The company responds by stating that they pay invoices three months after services are rendered.***

https://www.signonthexinc.com/invoice/
***Send only one invoice for signings completed for the entire month on the first day of the next month. Example: invoice for the month of July is sent August 1st and payment is mailed out on August 30th.

We must receive your invoice no later than the 5th of the month. Invoice should reflect signings performed during the previous month. Any work not billed within 90 days of completion will be void.***

IMO...You're a sucker either way based on the aboves, unless there was hard proof of a delivered invoice for there's a slight chance of payment.

***What is the BBB?
We are a private, non-profit organization developed to monitor and report on the business practices of companies....The purpose of the BBB system is not to act as an advocate for businesses or consumers, but to act as a mutually trusted intermediary to resolve disputes, to facilitate communication, and to provide Reliability Reports on companies.******

Here I asked, What about the FTC?
***The Bureau of Consumer Protection's mandate is to protect consumers against unfair, deceptive, or fraudulent practices. The Bureau enforces a variety of consumer protection laws enacted by Congress, as well as trade regulation rules issued by the Commission. Its actions include individual company and industry-wide investigations, administrative and federal court litigation, rulemaking proceedings, and consumer and business education...***

IMO...It's "deceptive" for a company to pay 90 days after service is rendered while their contract state is interpeted at 60 days max. It's "unfair" for them not to pay even in the absent of an invoice. It'd be "fraudulent" for them to deny payment based on the excuses of not receiving an invoice.

I rest my case!

The above is written with expressed opinions and should not be construed as legal advice in any way.

Reply by VERONICA DESCHANEAU on 9/4/06 9:18am
Msg #143316

Also file a "rip-off report"

Goto www.ripoffreport.com and voice your opinion on signing services that do not pay. These reports will usually show first when someone does a search on the internet. Believe it or not, no one has created a rip off report about SOX.

Reply by BrendaTx on 9/4/06 9:38am
Msg #143317

Re: Also file a "rip-off report"

http://www.ripoffreport.com/results.asp?q1=ALL&q4=&q6=&q3=&q2=&q7=&searchtype=0&submit2=Search%21&q5=notary&Search=Search

For entertainment value, I plugged in "notary" on the Rip-off Report site - it was interesting to say the least.

One user of Notary Pro (not a notary - someone who hired them) had much to say about Notary Pro. Interesting read.

Reply by Roger Kennedy on 9/4/06 7:08pm
Msg #143414

I posted my compaint of SOX w/BBB

After weeks of dodging me, Brandy finally called after I posted my complaint with BBB. She asked me if I would remove it, I told her that when I get paid!!!! Guess what? She had the audacity(sp) to tell me that I would not be able to do business with SOX!!!! Now isn't that a real hoot!!!!! I don't ever plan to work for them...ever.

Reply by Elizabeth Soliday on 9/4/06 8:18pm
Msg #143433

Oh heck no, consider me in on this one. I am filing my report right now.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.