Notary Rotary
Susan A.M. Ellstrom Signing Service
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2006 Index

Posted by Rebecca/CA on 9/21/06 2:47pm
Msg #147536

If anyone has done a signing for this woman I would like to know if you actually got paid and if so was it ontime. If you havn't done a signing for her then DON'T. I have been trying to collect on 3 invoices for over 3 months and finally I sent her an invoice via paypal today and included a $35 late fee per invoice and I plan to charge an additional $25 per invoice every 3 days that they are not paid. She doesn't respond to emails, phone calls or snailmail. So if anyone else out there has an experience with this person I say let us all hear about it. Not to mention I gave her a great deal on the signings because she gave me 4 in a 2 week period (half the price of my normal fee).

Reply by Genkichan on 9/21/06 4:10pm
Msg #147562

Re: Cat caught his tail!

I guess that's what happens when you agree to work more for less. HALF price for double the business? Crazy, I say! The only collection advice I can offer is that the amount of money one can charge in late fees/interest on past due accounts is regulated by your state laws. You can't just make up a number, and you'll look silly for trying and will never be able to collect. Check with an attorney on what is allowable, approach them with demand letters, and contact the title co and lender on the accounts to solicit their assistance in collecting. Some pretty good collection letters have been posted here in the past. Dig them up and craft a really solid one. Good Luck!

Reply by Rebecca/CA on 9/21/06 4:19pm
Msg #147563

Re: Cat caught his tail!

Thanks for the advise. I have been through it all and the account has already been turned over to a collection agency and because I have a business contract that I require signing companies to sign before I will accept the assignment I will collect late fees and now the other fees associated with the collections cost as well. The best thing I could have done is create a contract because they (SS) always make us sign "independent contractor agreements" so it is only fair. If I make a mistake on a notarization they can withhold my pay so I can do the same if they don't agree to my terms of net 30 days...period!

Reply by HudsonBayCA on 9/21/06 7:20pm
Msg #147606

Re: Susan A.M. Ellstrom Signing Service - I got caught too!

Need a copy of your agreement so when "new to me" companies call me I have something to offer and if they refuse to sign, so be it.

Reply by Kate/CA on 9/21/06 7:26pm
Msg #147610

Re: Susan A.M. Ellstrom Signing Service - I got caught too!

She is about 2 months behind.

Reply by Melanie Snell on 11/27/06 11:57am
Msg #162261

Have you received payment from her since you posted your message on 9/21/06?

I have done six signings for her and have yet to be paid. Every time I call her she tells me she is still waiting for payment from Ditech.

Reply by Carolyn Carrasco, J.D. on 12/12/06 4:36pm
Msg #165453

I was just contacted by Ms. Ellstrom. After research, I asked her about several negative comments, including yours. This is how she replied regarding your complaint:

"Melanie, was caught in the change over that is happening at Ditech. They are changing their system and payment is taking a little longer than usual. They are to have everything corrected by the middle of January which is when I should receive payment for your signing.

The signing you are doing will be invoiced to Ditech on 12/16/06. Ditech usually pays in 30 days then I send out check.

These are three notaries out of over 400 notaries working on my team and over 10,000 signings I have completed for Ditech. "

Is this consistent with your information? Thanks.

Reply by cara on 12/12/06 7:44pm
Msg #165465

When I w-mailed Ms. Ellstrom about her "bad press" on the web, she quickly informe me that "Ditech emailled "cancelling the _______ clsoing schedueld". There was, of course no mention of a reschedule. I wonder if Ditech knows about the problems their agent has paying folks. It looks like she bills every 15 days and claims that it takes 30 days for her to get paid.

Reply by Kathryn Fisher on 3/11/07 8:35pm
Msg #179491

I did a signing for this not so wonderful person back in December. I have called her three times and she has told me a different story (lie) every time about why I have not been paid. Do not wate your time on this "lady" unless you enjoy working for free.

Reply by Kathryn Fisher on 3/22/07 11:17am
Msg #181348

She paid me finally

I just wanted to say that I finally received my check from Susan yesterday being March 20, 2007. So exactly 90 days after I did the signing. It involved more patience than I have and an excess of drama to get it but she did finally pay. I felt that after my post above I should share that fact.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.