Notary Rotary
TC tells signers to get NSA to do illegal thing
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2006 Index

Posted by Jason on 9/27/06 2:22pm
Msg #148855

I got call from people in Canada (a few hours north of me) who are selling property in WA.

Both have current passports. But wife cannot leave Canada because Visa expired. She would not be let back in.

Docs MUST be notarized by US notary. But notary must go to Canada.

I told them notary can't legally do that.

Sellers said I couldn't be right because local TC in WA instructed sellers to find a WA notary who would drive to Canada and notarize their docs.

This is not the 1st time I have caught this TC giving instructions for acts they know are illegal like backdating.

Guard your commission!

Reply by PL on 9/27/06 2:45pm
Msg #148862

Can you meet them at Peace Arch and have them explain to the US/Canadian crossing guards what they need to do? Perhaps they will let her across onto US soil to sign and go back across. This is probably a pipe dream, but you never know.

Reply by Jason on 9/27/06 3:04pm
Msg #148872

That's an idea. But husband said wife wouldnt' go near border.

If it backfired, she could be sent back to Asia.

Seller didn't sound old, so I guess that wife is working under expired work visa.

I don't even want to know if that is true! I'm stying miles away from this one.

Reply by Charles_Ca on 9/27/06 3:12pm
Msg #148876

Interesting: The wife probably over stayed her visa in

Canada also, a common ploy to get into the country you want. We have a lot of people who fly into their country of choice (US or Canada) on their passport and tourist visa and then just stay. The US is getting real serious on cracking down on those. Remember some of the 9/11 crowd got into to the US just that way (student visas). She is probably afraid that if she gets questioned by either Canadian or US Immigration she will get sent back to her country of origin. I can see her reluctance to approach the border and unfortunatley there is nothng I can suggest.

Reply by Kate/CA on 9/27/06 9:20pm
Msg #148968

They may need a POA to get this done, with lenders approval.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.