Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Thank all of you so much for teaching me how to get paid!!
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2006 Index

Posted by Traveling2U on 9/6/06 12:44am
Msg #143767

You all helped me from getting screwed!! I got a call yesterday for a local signing 6.2 miles one way. With gas being high. I had purchased a monthly bus pass on the 1st for local errands.

The caller stated MsJ need on page notarized can you do it tomorrow at 12:30 noon she told me she wanted to use her lunch break. I said, yes I’ll be happy too, but I need a confirmation faxed or emailed to me. No problem she did. I called MsJ to confirm left message. Tuesday morning no call back so I felt safe to appear for the signing.

I was thinking, gosh I can keep my expenses low using to local transit. I have plenty time to get there no other appointments great. I arrived at 12:15 MsJ was there ready to sign she was at her place of work Dr’s office. Thanks to one of the NR member he said he do some prep with his certs so I did that too. Helped a bunch drawing those little lines ahead of time everything was done except my signature and date. My thought was to finish in a timely matter. MsJ had no problems starting ASAP she signed my journal. As she signed her created document she said I like to make copies I had no problem with that…(but WHY? its her doc)

I told her you will keep the document….she goes no you get the originals!! and I get the copies. Then comes a A-BOMB!! Ms P needs this document not me in the morning she have a hearing to go to. I listened closely, but seeing morey $ for trip #2 . After MsJ had finished signing her signatures and making copies instead of signing my signature. I just took the documents she placed in my hand in my briefcase. MsJ asked do you want to call her. (notary rotary members has stated always get it your fees in writing if the fess change get a second confirmation before you go) yes guys notary rotary popped out with all the red flags. I told MsJ I’ll contact MsP in a few. Enough drama already ;-)

As I was traveling back home and knowing I had time sensitive documents surely MsP will call me. Once home I typed a summary of the services that was agreed on 9/4 for $50.00 and to inform her she need 2 trip fees. My base fee is $90.00 for 2 trips. On 9/4 I was hoping for future business when she stated Ooo I "got to pay you"…I go, I can invoice you. Her husband owns a wellness center in West LA she does the billing I learned later. She sound like she was concerned about me being paid.

I faxed her with clear instructions. I have time to deliver your document within 1 hr I will need to add the second trip fee. The lowest I will go is $70.00 in cash (at this point I wanted her to have her document, and for her to go away) I need a confirmation for the $20.00 in writing before I'll make delivery. Instead she calls and whining how bad she needs her document will I fax it to her. Oh she still thinks I’ll invoice after her deception. I let her talk until my answer machine cut her off. What part of $70.00 in CASH fax your confirmation she didn’t understand. I need to know what you are willing to do :-) NO sister girl what are you going to do to me?

I never offered a 2 trips for 1 price sale and I sure didn’t offer charity. She had plenty of time to stiff another notary but it sure wasn’t going to be me!! After MsP was done playing her notary game. My fax kicked out a letterhead confirmation agreeing to $70.00 within 20 miles one way in cash, with one request from MsP will you please leave me your invoice stating I paid you in full. Katie will give you the $70.00 I knew she had cash on hand from co-payments. I had already investigated her yesterday via internet I love the internet :-) time saver!! I use map quest to locate the miles 13.7 one way

Called Katie at MsP's place of business . do you have $70.00? Katie yes I have the money, is it $70.00 yes!! Sure enough Katie had the cash. I let her lay down the cash first then I gave her my invoices I signed one and Katie signed mine. I truly believed had I just gone down there without that second confirmation in writing she would have ignored my invoice which she lead me to believe if I was lucky the most would had been $50.00.

If she had the guts to ask me to fax her document after what she tried to pull off. I’m sure she asked MsJ to fax the copies she had made. MsP saw everything completed but my signature.

I prayed a humble prayer both days asking God to protect me and to bless my new business. I had no idea I would encounter a non-paying client that sounded so trustworthy. When I found out from MsJ she didn’t need the document MsP was the one I really felt I had no choice to force her into submission to get paid. When MsP started tapping my husband said….okay lets take a chance. I had my staple remover in my shirt pocket to retun her statement and remove my cert. I bet she had done this before and got away with paying less for extra service.

You all taught me how to stand up to cheaters and get paid. I can’t say it enough thank you, thank you, thank you all for sharing your experiences. U..h I feel great!! Thank You Harry for this board!!

Reply by 626-333-1411 WANDA *4 NOTARY 2 U*********** on 9/6/06 6:28am
Msg #143797

Message Deleted

This message has been deleted by a forum moderator.

Reason: Advertising

Reply by Traveling2U on 9/6/06 9:29am
Msg #143832

You're welcome it's nice to say I got paid in cash ;-) n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.