Notary Rotary
Thank you to all who observed the 30 minutes of silence
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2006 Index

Posted by Jahari Davis on 9/11/06 10:48am
Msg #145104

I just want to say thank you to all who observed this 30 minute period of silence to honor, reflect, and remember the events of September 11th. Over the course of the day today, I'd really like to hear stories about what you were doing or where you were when you first heard about the attacks.

Enjoy your day and dont forget to reflect on this day.

Reply by Robin_IN on 9/11/06 11:02am
Msg #145112

Thanks for suggesting it, Jahari...it was a great idea. My youngest son's birthday is today - he was born 9/11/91...I had always called him my 9-1-1 baby...that morning on the way to school we had joked about "my 9-1-1 baby turning double digits (10)" - then an hour later, the first tower was hit. I was really shocked and could do nothing but sit in front of the TV most of the day. Later in the day, I was going to class (I was in college at the time) - and they kept making references about the day being 9-1-1 and it having some significance. It, obviously, has never been the same since. My son understands that this is a terrible day and he always tries to do something for somebody else on his birthday. I am grateful that- today, he is a sensitive, mature 15 year old that can try to do something positive on "his" day.

Reply by Bonnie_CO on 9/11/06 11:03am
Msg #145113

We were still sleeping and the kids were watching cartoons in the living room, my son, who was 5 ran into the bedroom yelling that a plane flew into a bldg., I was still kinda groggy from sleep, but went to see what had him all excited, I got there in time to see the 2nd plane hit. I think my heart stopped for a moment, then I started crying, my husband came in to see what was going on and we watched tv, he works for the FAA and got called into work early and had to leave, then the 3rd plane hit the Pentagon and I freaked out, my husbands sister works there, I tried to call her on her cell and couldn't get through and was really panicing (sp?) when I called my father in law. He hadn't been able to reach her either. I remember I couldn't quit crying, kept thinking about all those people, watched the towers fall while I was on the phone with Ricks dad, then the plane went down in PA and I really lost it. Finally got ahold of sis-in-laws husband who's a cop in Baltimore and he said she had been running late for work that morning & was still on her way to work when the plane hit, so she was ok. I still cry when i think of all the lives wasted that day, and my all time favorite song is "Courtesy of the Red White and Blue" aka "The Angry American Song" .
Sorry so long!

Reply by cassiewi on 9/11/06 11:03am
Msg #145115

I was living in CA so it was early for us. I was dropping off the kids at grandma's house and she had the news on. She had gotten a call from her sister in law that someone was attacking. I sat and watched in horror for 2 hours. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. I was late for work. The attorney I worked for went out and bought a small TV so we could watch coverage all day in between work. I kept thinking about all those people and couldn't imagine how many people must have been in those buildings. It was eerie outside, you knew what everyone was thinking, so much sorrow. I prayed. In the days after, the togetherness of the American people was so powerful. We were banding together in such way as I had never seen before. I remember going to a baseball game when play resumed and the air of patriotism in that stadium was an awesome sight. Being an American had a new meaning for me

Reply by Charm_AL on 9/11/06 11:09am
Msg #145118

I'll never forget...I was on the computer in Chicago with the news on in the background. I happened to look over at the tv and it wasn't registering what was happening! It took me a long time to understand that this was real. After it finally registered, I just stared, stunned and tears just fell, I was so heartbroken.

Reply by BetsyMI on 9/11/06 11:48am
Msg #145140

I was actually ON an airplane which landed at Ohare airport in Chicago just minutes after the first plane hit the WTC. Imagine how I felt later knowing I was in the air when that happened.

What with getting off the plane, getting my luggage, taking a cab to my headquarters building, etc., I didn't even know what was going on for about an hour and a half.

Reply by hcampersFL on 9/11/06 12:13pm
Msg #145151

My Husband was finishing up his last year on active duty for the Navy. He was in one location and I was in another.

When I saw on NBC what was happening I couldn't believe it. I was watching coverage of the first plane that hit when the other hit live on TV.

I tried to call my husband but could not get through. He was on a Nuclear sub base and they locked it down. No communication at all for me.

I was scared but didn't want to over react. I had to go and get my then 2nd grader for a dentist appt. We sat in the dentist office and watched the coverage on tv. It was crazy.

If you drove anywhere the streets were empty. People were not going out, they were staying off the roads. Very strange.

Reply by Jahari Davis on 9/11/06 4:37pm
Msg #145234

My 9/11

I was at work. At the time I worked in a hospital as a computer technician. I was in the process of reloading a laptop for the Community Relations section of the Health System. I was sitting at my desk checking interoffice email and then one of my co-workers came in and asked me "Did you hear?" I asked "Hear about what?" He said a plane flew into the World Trade Center and then 20 minutes later another one flew right into the other one. I was thrown back and was just shocked. Then we both went to the main call center area where they had a television and everyone was gathered around it watching the grainy B&W image as reception was horrible. It was all anyone could talk about and we were struggling to hear what was being reported. I figured that the laptop I was working on was done I thought I'd grab it pack it up and get in the car and go over the Community Relations building and tune in to NPR and CBS as it was LIVE and unfolding. In the time I'd gotten to the Community Relations building news came over about the Pentagon, Flight 93 and there was an unconfirmed rumor about a car bomb at the State Department. All hell was breaking loose. I'd gotten to Community Relations and everyone was in the conference room watching it for themselves, not a care about anything else but feeling what everyone else was feeling and watching what everyone else was watching and listening to.

After I left Community Relations, I went about my day as best I could and it was all anyone could talk about. It was exactly one week before that my entire family was right down there in Lower Manhattan and visited the World Trade Center while there checking out NYU for my brother. They'd considered going the weekend before the 11th but got a better fare the week earlier. They could have easily been down there in the thick of it all but thank God they werent.

Reply by TitleGalCA on 9/11/06 11:43am
Msg #145138

Dear Teacher Wanna-be

What an imperious tone you have! Just like a kindergarten teacher trying to maintain control of what's going on in the classroom.

Right up to and including instructions on how members of this board should spend their day!!!

Excuse me, but I had loved ones intimately involved in Sept. 11 th and I don't need YOU telling me how to spend my day!

You really want to hear a story? Hows this:

Once there was an extremist political jerk who wanted notariety. He decided to join a notary board but never, ever posted about notary issues. His controlling, arrogant, political and divisive posts bothered other forum members alot, but he was too stupid to take anyone's advice, so finally other members began complaining to the REAL owner and the REAL moderator of the forum.

Then one day, Poof. He was gone......plug pulled for behaving like a moderator and owner of the board and an all around arrogant, imperious, patronizing, egotistical jerk.

Reply by Signing_Doc on 9/11/06 11:51am
Msg #145143

Sorry TitleGalCA...YOU are the one being a jerk...please

calm down and reflect...this person did not TELL YOU how to spend your day, just suggested it. Some people will let today be forgotten until they see something on TV or the news and then they will say..."Oh YEAH...that WAS 5 years ago....well, let's see what will I do tonight?" Do you recall seeing anything special on December 7th in the newspaper or TV?....any news or special coverage on June 6th?...NO, so many people has such short memories that some people (obviously not you) NEED to be reminded about the tragic MURDER which occured 5 years ago.

NEVER FORGET....forgive if you can, but NEVER FORGET!!!

"Doc" Stuart

Reply by Diga2Lin/FL on 9/11/06 11:54am
Msg #145146

Re: Dear Teacher Wanna-be

TitleGalCA - I think YOU'RE the one who crossed the line..

Reply by BetsyMI on 9/11/06 11:57am
Msg #145148

I agree...I was going to tell you to lighten up but others beat me to it. You were out of line.

Reply by SarahBeth_CA on 9/11/06 12:13pm
Msg #145152

I understand where she's coming from

I think the idea of a moment of silence was good. But really would it have been so hard to just do it and not say anything more.

The author of the post has a tendancy to post on political issues and try and push his opinions on others. TG's response isn't about his one decent idea of a moment of silence. It's based on months of heated, angry, racially motivated, and threatening posts telling us what we should think and believe. Now we are being told how to treat this day. While I do agree with reflecting and honoring this day I cannot read his post without seeing the audacity in the author to once again tell us what to think. So yes I do see where it would touch a button. Had it been anybody else without the history that the poster has I wouldn't think anything of it.

The last person on earth that should be thanking us for choosing a moment of silence for the victims of the most evil terrorist attack in our nations history is the person who posted the idea. The approriate thanks are the ones I have seen on the news from those who's family members perished.

I completely get where you are coming from TG and agree.

Reply by ColleenCA on 9/11/06 12:27pm
Msg #145154

Re: The best way to honor this day...

is to please be kind to one another. I heard something on the news today that was admitted by our VP that has me so mad I want to scream. However, I will deal with it another day as this isn't the day to do it. Please, remember that we are all in this together. Peace!

Reply by hcampersFL on 9/11/06 12:30pm
Msg #145155

Re: I understand where she's coming from

Don't you hate it when someone tells you to do when you were going to do it anyway? If I get up to clean the kitchen my husband will say "you need to go clean that kitchen!". It is a joke between us.

I don't think Jahari was trying to tell anyone what to do. I think he really was interested in what people were doing when this tragedy took place. We all remember what happened and what we were doing when it happened. I also believe he said Thank You to all that shared this moment of silence because it felt like unity in our "Notary community".

Today I cried for the loss of so many, for the loss of the families and loved ones that still have to go on without the person that they love in their lives. Five years ago I was to shocked to cry!

Beverly

Reply by hcampersFL on 9/11/06 12:32pm
Msg #145157

Correction

Don't you hate it when someone tells you to do ^something^when you were going to do it anyway?

Reply by Jenny_CA on 9/11/06 12:34pm
Msg #145158

It is a good idea but we don't need to be thanked by the person who posted it, we are not doing it for him/ his sake and it's good to share stories but not because we are directing to the person who asked for the stories but because we want to share with the rest of the board...

I may not always agree with topics/posts but do see understand TG's point of view as Sarabeth posted.

Reply by BetsyMI on 9/11/06 12:44pm
Msg #145160

Nevertheless, no matter where she is "coming from", or where he is "coming from", I see today as a day to be kind to each other, not to lash out. Can we get through one day of being nice to each other?

Reply by SarahBeth_CA on 9/11/06 12:57pm
Msg #145162

Betsy

It would be nice to do. However it's all about the history. I'm not going to rehash it because this is 9/11. But it is completely understandable and inevitable that at least one if not more board members went off on him. It completely is a case of "if anybody else would have posted it". If you don't know the history look it up and you will understand.

So here's where I was which I don't mind sharing with the community. I was on my way to work when the second plane hit the twin towers. This was by coincidence the day the company president did his yearly visit to our office. I was new and didn't even know who he was. But he and two other big wigs were in the break room and when I walked in the first words I heard him speak were "we are at war". I was listening to the radio on the way to work and even the anchors were confused as to what was happening. It was sad and scary.

Reply by Sandra Krugman on 9/11/06 1:00pm
Msg #145163

Betsy, I agree totally! Whether you like or dislike the poster this thread should have been kept respectful, polite & uplifting. It was to honor all those that are no longer here to speak for themselves.

Reply by Teddog/CO on 9/11/06 1:27pm
Msg #145180

Do you really think any of us needed to be reminded. I still can't stop from crying when I just think about that awful day. I will carry that pain in my heart for the rest of my life. The whole thing plays in slow motion in my mind, no need to watch any movies about that day. God bless the families and friends of the victims. It was truly a day we all became victims.

My best to you all.

Reply by AngelinaAZ on 9/11/06 4:57pm
Msg #145238

I Agree Sarahbeth... TG I know where you are coming from

Maybe TG didn't say it in a kissy kissy way that many would prefer but she was being real about her feelings. And... I have to agree with her about how this whole thing made me feel. I find Jahari's political ramblings and posts extremely disturbing and the fact that this original proposal came from him and then was followed by this 'thank you' irritates me to no end.

I feel that having Jahari anywhere near my memories of this day craps all over them and that's why I didn't observe his moment of freakin' silence. I went down to my local fire station and passed out goodies that my kids and I made along with some "Thank you for what you do!" cards.

Then I went to the Post and delivered 300 gift packages that I orchestrated to be done (from the kids at my son's school) ... they are being sent out to the soldiers that are currently in Iraq.

I know that these groups were only one part of this... but these were things that I could do... to remember those that died and those that live to protect us.

Jahari only makes me remember that there are people in this great country who don't believe in it and don't respect it.

Reply by Jahari Davis on 9/11/06 5:08pm
Msg #145241

Re: I Agree Sarahbeth... TG I know where you are coming from

Angelina, you missed the entire point in the moment of silence and the reasons for it but at least you did something today for others.

Reply by hcampersFL on 9/11/06 7:40pm
Msg #145268

Listen Jahari

I have supported you in you efforts with this idea.

I must say I am disappointed that you would decide that Angelina missed the entire point. I think she "got it" but didn't agree with you. Why do you think that you are always right? I mean if people see things a different way why can't you EVER let it go?

I don't understand why you will respond to people that post what you think is such negativity?

Why not take the high road once? You might come out somewhere you haven't ever been before.

You really come across as very condescending to people. Your Holier than thou attitude is what entices people to respond with such harsh criticism of you.

Of course this is JMO.

Reply by Jahari Davis on 9/11/06 8:25pm
Msg #145278

Re: Listen Jahari

What I felt she didnt get was that I had something, anything to do with her memories from 9/11 and that I, to use her words "crapped" all over them. My post was not negative in response to hers and shouldnt be taken as such.

Reply by KBLedgard_CA on 9/11/06 8:10pm
Msg #145273

She missed the point of *your* moment of silence, maybe. However, we are NOT judge by YOUR standards (Thank God!). People grieve in different ways and don't always want to share their memories. How about respecting that?! Most people don't have to wait for 09/11 to remember those who perished on that date. I work near an Air Station and thank the troops ever time I see them. While we are driving, if we see a military convoy, police or fire, my kids give them "Thumbs Up!" You have NO right criticizing what people do or how they do it.

Reply by TitleGalCA on 9/11/06 8:21pm
Msg #145276

***She missed the point of *your* moment of silence, maybe.***

Acually "she" said in thread 144613 that it was a nice gesture. No brownie points though.

Reply by Jahari Davis on 9/11/06 8:28pm
Msg #145279

I never said she didnt have to grieve in her own way. I never criticized her nor what she did. I said she missed the point posting that I crapped all over her memories of 9/11. If she didnt want to share she didnt have to. But she also didnt have to post what she did telling everyone she didnt want to and that her feelings about me as the motivation behind her not posting. That in my opinion was unecessary.

Reply by KBLedgard_CA on 9/11/06 8:38pm
Msg #145283

Well, you know what they say about opinions. Unfortunately, you want to tell ppl what their's should be. She certainly CAN post her view about you and her feelings just like you ripped into her at the end. Chill out JJ.

Reply by Jahari Davis on 9/11/06 8:43pm
Msg #145286

Kyle, did you actually read MY post in message #145241? Start there and work your way down and try to understand where I'm coming from? She's doing it in her own way and I respect her for doing so. She did not need to post what she did and say what she did. I think its great she did what she did with her kids today. She didnt need to take a shot at me in telling what she did and that she didnt want do observe the moment of silence or share her 9/11 story.

Reply by Charles_Ca on 9/11/06 5:25pm
Msg #145244

Angelina! Now that's what I'm talkin' about....

Now that was a thoughtful and proactive way of remembering the victims of the Twin Towers Mass Murders. We have gotten to the point where everyone tries to sanitize everything 9/11 is so much neater than the Twin Towers Mass Murders. The 4th of July is no longer Independance day, its 4th of July and ask kids in the street why we celebrate it, %th of May is more improtant thenthe 17th of September and ask kids of Mexican extraction in the street what happened on the 17th of SeptemberL they'll tell you that May 5th is Mexican Independance day. why do we have to euphemize everything. Your actions are to be congratulated and applauded. Way to go Angelina!

Reply by TitleGalCA on 9/11/06 5:57pm
Msg #145248

Beautifully put, Charles. n/m

Reply by celeste/ca on 9/11/06 1:23pm
Msg #145175

I am on the same wave length with you. I truly hope his intentions were good, but something in my gut says there was more to him starting a thread like this. I am watching the miniseries on ABC about the events of 9/11. It makes me angry all over again, that we as a nation are such wusses, and we again are dealing with people who HATE us and will do anything in their power to DESTROY us. There is no reasoning, no changing, no compassion for these monsters!

Reply by Brenda/CA on 9/11/06 2:02pm
Msg #145186

Before you all criticize Title Gal for being wary of Jahari's intentions, you need to remember that not even a month ago he said:

"And out comes the overplayed 9/11 card"
Posted by Jahari Davis of MI on 8/18/06 1:19am
Msg #139273

While his original request for a period of silence was an excellent suggestion, and he received a lot of support for making a good post, it was out of character. I do think his intentions may be in the right place, but he should perhaps think of how this could have been better phrased, so it did not come across as "What I would like"! It did sound like a teacher handing out a homework assignment.

Reply by Becca_FL on 9/11/06 2:11pm
Msg #145190

>>>It did sound like a teacher handing out a homework assignment.<<<

Yes it did Brenda and I am wary of his intentions as well.

Reply by MistarellaFL on 9/11/06 4:14pm
Msg #145228

Posted by Jahari Davis

Recalling msg #139273, and it's title, made me think something just wasn't right with this order/request.
Sorry Jahari if I am wrong, but you can't talk out of both sides of your mouth.
No one knows what you really mean when you post when you do.

Reply by Jahari Davis on 9/11/06 5:02pm
Msg #145239

Re: "And out comes the overplayed 9/11 card"

Mistarella, there's playing 9/11 for political points and purposes like most politicians and pundits do for votes and then there's remembering the day. Your 9/11. Remembering how you felt, what you felt, where you were when you heard, and what you were doing. 9/11 is used and overused for the justification for anything and everything and I cant stand it.

Could you imagine back in the 40's political campaigns using Pearl Harbor to score points on political opponents and enemies? FDR said the day after Pearl Harbor that December 7th, 1941 was a day that will forever live in infamy and told the American people that you had nothing to fear but fear itself. Now all you get after 9/11 from the politicians and pundits in power is to BE afraid and trust them to protect you and to let them do ANYTHING they want (including breaking laws and outright violating the Constitution) to make you feel safe so long as you stay scared.

I'm sorry but that is perversion of a national tragedy, trivializing the 3000+ innocent people that died, and empowering the Al Qaeda movement and ideology while fear-mongering your own people, and deceiving us for political favor. I cant stand it and think it is obscene. The fact that more people havent gotten angry because of that disturbs me greatly. Fear does not equal inaction and it should never absolve one of rational thought in a crisis situation. The cost could be too high.

Reply by Becca_FL on 9/11/06 10:52pm
Msg #145327

Here's the "spin" folks

Waaaaaay too political for this forum. IMO

JJ, I'm sure there is a forum that would appreciate and respect your input. Unfortunately, this might not be the place.

Reply by VERONICA DESCHANEAU on 9/11/06 2:48pm
Msg #145211

I take anything Blabari posts with a grain of salt.

That is...if I even read them, for I find myself skipping over them usually.

Reply by Charm_AL on 9/11/06 2:40pm
Msg #145207

TG...I felt like you when I read the first post. I thought it was rather pompass of him to ask people to shut down the network for a half hour. I was the only poster that disagreed and I'm as patriotic as the next guy.
However well meaning the sentiment was, it (imo) wasn't his place to request it.

Reply by Merry_CA on 9/11/06 3:06pm
Msg #145218

Way out of line TitleGalCA! You would never be invited back to my house if you treated a guest with a differing opinion than yours (on any topic) like that. Shame on you!

Reply by KBLedgard_CA on 9/11/06 8:04pm
Msg #145272

How dare YOU Merry!

How dare YOU Merry! Did you read JJ's attack on TG in thread #127110? Who would want to come to your house anyway? I know all I need to know about you. JJ is all about making a political statement. What happened on 09/11 is a personal experience that can't always be put into words. TG was dead on accurate with her assessment (sp?).

Reply by TitleGalCA on 9/11/06 8:17pm
Msg #145274

Thanks Kyle, for referrencing that thread 127110

for anybody that thinks I didn't appreciate this day or what it has done to our country, on the anniversary of what Charles so accurately described as the "Twin Towers Mass Murders".

Political saboteurs always show their ugly face - but those two young men who were tortured and desecrated weren't political. They were young men who were murdered.

Reply by bestcal on 9/11/06 8:32pm
Msg #145280

Re: Dear Teacher Wanna-be-Titlegal

Your outburst today does not have anything to do with 9/11 or sharing stories about the day.The problem was the fact the person who initiated this is the same person that you are having a personal vendetta with.Had it come from someone else even someone like calinotary with his filthy mouth and who obviously has,no morals or values you would have embraced the suggestion.But because it came from someone who knows what he is talking about,it pisses you off. I would like to add another very important reason why he upsets you but will refrain at this time.Since everyone seems to know where you are coming from,do you care to go back there?asap. I think it is time to start complaining about your behaviour for a change.

Reply by Brenda/CA on 9/11/06 9:59pm
Msg #145306

Re: Bestcal

Please at least be correct in what you spew. You complain about people with a filthy mouth, read Jahari's post Msg #145263 directed at TG. Just because he used symbols instead of letters in his swearing, does not make it any different, the words had the same intention (just less guts). And to further correct your ignorant statement: "But because it came from someone who knows what he is talking about,it pisses you off". I must say that it is the fact that he "does not" know what he is talking about that really pisses people off.

Reply by bestcal on 9/11/06 10:10pm
Msg #145308

Re: Bestcal Brenda/ca

Did you not learn anything from the monkey experiment I did and you so happily responded to?

Reply by hcampersFL on 9/11/06 10:19pm
Msg #145310

Re: Bestcal Brenda/ca Bestcal

You know us Monkey's, we love to throw handfuls of poop on all the spectators (like you). I hope you enjoy the smell :^)

Reply by KBLedgard_CA on 9/11/06 10:21pm
Msg #145311

You see Brenda/CA

All they can do is yell and scream about something so that someone listens to them. When we do listen and PROVE them wrong, they have to change the subject because they have no retort. Right Patricia?

Reply by Brenda/CA on 9/11/06 10:38pm
Msg #145317

Message Deleted

This message has been deleted by a forum moderator.

Reason: Abusive

Reply by Becca_FL on 9/11/06 11:35pm
Msg #145350

Message Deleted

This message has been deleted by a forum moderator.

Reason: Abusive

Reply by MistarellaFL on 9/12/06 4:32pm
Msg #145568

Re: Bestcal Brenda/ca

Bestcal, don't you wish you ran somethng besides your mouth?
I wish you'd start your own forum, with your own rules. Then we could get back to business around here.
Although I don't believe in evolution, you certainly ARE a good argument for it.

Reply by Jahari Davis on 9/11/06 11:07pm
Msg #145339

Prove I dont know what I am talking about...

Please. Brenda, prove to me that I dont know what I am talking about. Please tell me what it is I do not know that you do Brenda/CA. Please inform me. Show me your facts and give me multiple reputable sources to validate them. This is your one and only chance to prove that I dont know anything of what I am talking about. I am going to offer you the chance I've offered TG, Kyle, MichiganAl, Calinotary, Angelina and the rest to enlighten and inform me form your point of view. I'm betting you cant and whatever you have is an opinion from someone else with no source material or fact behind it. And no, the 9/11 hackjob movie doesnt count as reputable because it is loaded with misinformation that can be disproved just by actually reading the 9/11 Commission Report they say the movie is based on. So please...simulate my mind with your wisdom.

Reply by Brenda/CA on 9/11/06 11:21pm
Msg #145344

Re: Prove I dont know what I am talking about...

Jahari,
I don't need to waste my name providing you with anything to prove you wrong. You do an excellent job of proving yourself wrong every time you open your mouth. Anybody that contradicts themself as much as you do from one conversation to the next, sure as hell does know what the hell they are talking about. I do not believe it is possible for anyone to stimulate your mind. The only thing in your mind is the world according to Jahari, all others with opinions that differ from yours will always be wrong. Nobody likes to eat shit, but I sure hope you own a farm, because you will certainly need to have a lot of it available if you can ever admit your wrong.

Reply by KBLedgard_CA on 9/11/06 11:26pm
Msg #145346

Very well put, Brenda!

Reply by Jahari Davis on 9/11/06 11:34pm
Msg #145349

Uh-huh, I didnt think you would. Because that is how you guys operate. You'll smear a person and will opine as the day is long til your blue in the face but you'll never site a source or a fact to substantiate your claims. I've got numerous sources from congressional voting records, presidential executive orders, the 9/11 commission report, numerous books from former counterterrorism specialists, signing statements, CSPAN, news articles both foreign and domestic that I can site. What do you have? Nothing. You just proven that right here, right now. Your one shot has past and like the others, you have failed miserably.

If your going to say that you in fact know I dont know what I am talking about, be ready to prove it from the word go.

Reply by Brenda/CA on 9/11/06 11:47pm
Msg #145355

Jahari,
You have been told numerous times that this forum is not for your political propaganda, but you are not bright enough to understand that. You smear people on a daily basis, and then cry when you say you have been smeared, you must have enough tears to drown in by now. To site a source as you put it, spend some time reading back through previous posts and try to come up with a number of how many people think you are a pompous jackass.

Reply by Michelle/AL on 9/11/06 1:39pm
Msg #145182

I was in Northern Cali. My sister worked on Wall Street

and unfortunately for her she actually saw people jumping and falling out of the Twin Towers before they fell. To this date my sister doesn't or can't talk about it. I called her as soon as I heard about the first plane. She was in a highrise building on Wall Street. She thought there was a ticker tape parade going by (there was so much paper blowing around outside her bldg). I worked in Manhattan for 7 years so 9/11 hit close to home for me. My sister left NYC after the black out that followed 9/11. She had experienced one too many emergencies. Of course I observed the 30 second moment of silence this morning and I always will.

Reply by cyndi_ca on 9/11/06 2:26pm
Msg #145197

I was at home scared

half to death because early news reports about the planes were that they were headed for Los Angeles. My daughter was starting Kindergarden and I was afraid to send her to school. I remember thinking that forever my life and my families lives have changed and how important patriotism is and will always be. I became a better American that day!

Reply by Charles_Ca on 9/11/06 2:26pm
Msg #145198

I relate to TG's passion and sentiment. In reviewing the

the his past posts I agree that this original post was preachy and totally hypocritical. Lest anyone misunderstand my apology was for having misquoted not for having expressed the sentiments I expressed. I think TG is 100% right on the money. I find these posts on the 9/11 situation by this original poster to be profane. First of all I don't like people to tell me how to celebrate life's defining moments and for me the Twin Towers disaster was one. I personally find my expression in other ways, this morning I spent some time reminiscing on the situation while listening to Mozart's Requiem. I then threw on a record of the 1812 overture and moved on with life. Someone suggested that there was a huge difference between vengeance and justice. My opinion is that justice is institutionalized vengeance and a device for the weak to wash their hands of its execution. It's the same, someone pays. Don't preach to me about Pyrrhic victories, I want a real victory and I want the perpetrators to pay for this heinous deed. TitleGal is one hundred percent right!

Reply by cyndi_ca on 9/11/06 2:35pm
Msg #145203

Charles,

I had too engaged Jahari on different occassions and you probably could see I don't agree with him. I took it for a suggestion and thought it was intended as a good jesture. I also see TG's point and respect her for that. The best part I think we may all be missing, and hopefully Jahari is not, is we have this right to speak what is on our minds, and that in itself is what America is about. For that I am grateful she spoke her mind as does everyone else here. How lucky we ALL are to have this privilage to be HERE and not THERE. I am moved to tears when I reflect on this day 5 years ago. Going to the Nixon Library and seeing a firetruck that was pulled from the rubble, the huge piece of twisted steel from the WTC and all the people who had signed that steel. Their thoughts poured out for all to see. We all have pain from this and we will always remember. I hope some are better Americans for it. I know I am.

Reply by Charles_Ca on 9/11/06 6:40pm
Msg #145256

Well put Cyndi. I appreciate what you are saying and I

don't believe in engaging in pointless argument. I don't have the time to determine if someone seriously believes what they are saying or they are just stirring the pot. To me it's a waste of time to try and argue with someone who is convinced. I'm not trying to engage anyone I just had something to say and I said it, no ulterior motives. Free speech is a gift that we just cant be thankful enough for, I understand it because I am here as a first generation American citizen and I know where my parents came from speech was not free, I know the fear on my mother's face hearing someone disagree with a politician in open debate and we lived in Maine where they still have town meetings. Most people have limited understanding of free speech until they have attended a town meeting where everyone hashes out whatever the issue is (and I mean everyone) until there is an actual consensus. As they like to say they stay "until the last dog dies"

Reply by Jahari Davis on 9/11/06 3:31pm
Msg #145221

Thanks for destroying a good positive 9/11 thread TitleGal

I absolutely cannot believe what some have done in this thread. You question my intentions and instead of opting against posting, you lash out at me and attack me today of all days. Today?!!! TODAY?!!! As much as I'd love to snap and lash back at your comments, again I am not going there. Not today.

I only asked you to reflect, remember and honor those that died. If you want to question my intentions, have at it. Unlike some, I actually want to hear the 9/11 stories of other people because <dramatic pause> I give a damn about people and hearing their story! I just thought 30 minutes of silence on the board would have been a good idea and just like everyone that remembers where they were and what they were doing when the Nazis invaded Poland, when Pearl Harbor was bombed, when we dropped the bomb on Japan, the Cuban missle crisis, the Kennedy Assassination, Martin Luther King's Assassination, Robert Kennedy's Assassination, John Lennon's Assassination and the attempt on Reagan's life, everyone would have a personal 9/11 story to tell and it would be interesting to share that story. I cant help but wonder if those that attacked me and this thread and the sentiment behind this thread must have been attacking someone else on that day at the time.

I didnt tell or order you to do anything. I dont have a gun to your head now nor did I when I asked for 30 minutes of silence.

Honestly, the tone of the attackers and those that questioned the thread as a whole really worries me and show me and everyone else exactly who you are. With all due respect, get off your egos and talk to someone you dont know about how their day was and what they were doing 5 years ago when it all happened.

Reply by Merry_CA on 9/11/06 4:17pm
Msg #145229

Re: Thanks for destroying a good positive 9/11 thread TitleGal

Disagreement, and enjoying the freedom to express it, is at the very core of our democracy.... it is what the "powers that be" (and those who carry their banner) tell us we are fighting a war for..... huh?... so it is counter to that end to attack someone in our counrty for expressing themself! You can't have it both ways... we can't want this freedom for the rest of the world, and be willing to die for it, and not want our country to be a shining example of what we are trying to establish around the globe.

Reply by SarahBeth_CA on 9/11/06 4:37pm
Msg #145235

Hmmm looks like the shoe is on the other foot

Now you know how it feels JJ. Or do you just not realize it. Wait don't bother answering as I'm done for now.

Reply by Merry_CA on 9/11/06 5:04pm
Msg #145240

Re: Hmmm looks like the shoe is on the other foot

Odd... didn't see anyone swooping in to bully PAW for #145068.... my, my!

Reply by Brenda/CA on 9/11/06 5:17pm
Msg #145242

Re: Merry

msg # 145068 was from Hugh not Paw and it read:

"I hope we all elect today to fly the Flag in commemoration of those who died on 9/11, and in mourning for the freedoms and the sense of safety that we have lost because of those events".

Reply by Merry_CA on 9/11/06 6:18pm
Msg #145251

Re: Merry

Yes, indeed it was Hugh.... though my point was that he was suggesting something "we all" could do the same as Jahari suggested something "we all" could do.... no difference as I see it... they both are great suggestions.
Just the observence of a bleeding heart American!

Reply by Charles_Ca on 9/11/06 6:28pm
Msg #145252

If you can't see the diference you need to go back and read

both posts again and then if you can't see the differences then you need to go back and the posts again and then if you can't see the differences..... at some time perhaps if you still don't see the differences you should be asking someone to explain them to you in itty bitty little segments!

Reply by Merry_CA on 9/11/06 6:31pm
Msg #145254

Re: If you can't see the diference you need to go back and read

I certainly see your point Charles. I may be a blonde, but I do not need my information in "bittly little segments" (thank you very much)... you are a very smart man and you know what my point is.... you just don't like Hugh and Jahari being mentioned in the same breath!

Reply by TitleGalCA on 9/11/06 5:44pm
Msg #145245

It is not your place to thank anyone.

Nothing in my post has anything to do with my feelings or personal activity about September 11th – nothing. There is no disrespect for the event at all (quite the opposite) but a great deal of disrespect for someone with a clear political agenda and no notary contributions to this board who decides to tell everyone what and how to do something that is clearly a personal matter.

I posted last week that Jahari’s idea about silence was a nice gesture. Today’s post took his agenda to another level however. It is condescending and suggests everyone needs direction in knowing what to do to memorialize the event – and his entire tone comes off like some benevolent, patronizing “I know better than you” teacher-like attitude - or at best, a moderator that is directing forum activity.

Go read his response to Angelina – he just graded her on how she spent her day!

Do a search and look up all Jahari’s posts. Zip on notary issues. Everything is about politics. Agenda much? I’m tired of the social experiment he’s making of this forum, and as always, am copying Harry Shoemaker on this.

BTW – Before the last re-vamp of the forum Harry DID have a statement about politics and religion as being subjects to avoid on the forum. In the re-vamp he left that off from the rules and guidelines.

Until Mr. Social-Experiment came aboard, it wasn’t a problem. Now it is, and respectfully request anyone that’s tired of this write and ask that these topics be added to the “no-no” list of topics for this forum.

Because YOU posted it Jahari, it CANT be a “good-positive 9/11 thread”. You can thank yourself for that.

Reply by Jahari Davis on 9/11/06 7:19pm
Msg #145263

As usual, you are reaching and being ridiculous Sue

You are being very petty, juvenile, and disrepectful of something I thought would be a nice thing for the board. What do you do? You come through and ruin it. How dare you? How dare you trivialize this thread? My post? My desire and effort to do something good like create unity on the board? You destroyed and evicerated something that was supposed to be good. Something we all could relate to and you had to go and f**k it up. Yes, you are free to express yourself, you are free to say what you want. You are even free to be the b**ch you have so easily made yourself out to be in this thread but today?!!

Sue your timing, much like your posts are in bad taste. Look at it! Look what YOU have done to it. Its because of you this thread is about anything BUT 9/11, reflection, rememberence, and honor. It is you who has destroyed the unity that I tried to create here. It is YOU that tainted this thread and encouraged others to jump onto YOUR bandwagon.

You talk a lot about me and my agenda? What was my agenda today Sue? Are you against unity? Are you against all of us coming together as Americans? Are you going to sleep better tonight knowing you F**KED UP a moment of unity in an online notary community? All because its a shot at "JJ"?!! You would have been all over it and wouldnt have said a word if CaliNotary, MichiganAl, Angelina, or anyone of your "gang" had posted the suggestion. You'd have your flag in hand not able to wave it fast enough or hard enough. You are no more and no less an American than I or anyone else here. STOP making yourself out to be the original American. You may be old enough to be, but your not.

You disappoint and disgust me Susan Shipman. I no longer hold that hope I held out for you. I no longer have that faith that you are a good person. You have shown me otherwise. All of that was thrown out the window with your posting in this thread today. You are sad, alone, scared, cruel, heartless, and just one peg short of being truly evil in my opinion. To take something that was meant to be so good and to turn it into something so divided and spiteful makes me vomit.

A good positive 9/11 thread we did have here...until the Wicked Witch showed up.

Reply by AngelinaAZ on 9/11/06 7:59pm
Msg #145271

My.. my.. my..

Posted by Jahari Davis on 9/11/06 7:19pm

****Now all you get after 9/11 from the politicians and pundits in power is to BE afraid and trust them to protect you and to let them do ANYTHING they want (including breaking laws and outright violating the Constitution) to make you feel safe so long as you stay scared.

I'm sorry but that is perversion of a national tragedy, trivializing the 3000+ innocent people that died, and empowering the Al Qaeda movement and ideology while fear-mongering your own people, and deceiving us for political favor.****

what What WHAT???

Hmmmmm... this looks an awful lot like one of your TYPICAL political rants against our current leaders. And on this thread Jahari... how dare you? I thought this was supposed to be a meaningful and respectful way to remember.

THAT quote is where your AGENDA is completely obvious...

... and therein, as they say, lies the rub.

Reply by Jahari Davis on 9/11/06 8:36pm
Msg #145282

Re: My.. my.. my..

So if I had said it about Bill Clinton it would have been ok by you right?

Give me a friggin break. Agenda my @$$. The people that are in charge are the ones in charge. There is no other body of government or group of people in charge but the ones we have now. Get off this "Jahari has an agenda kick!" and ACT like you have some sense. This post in response to your cutting and pasting of mine out of context again is non-sensical and just another display to score points on me. For those watching, here's my entire quote Angelina is using horribly OUT OF CONTEXT and believe me she left out a lot:

"Could you imagine back in the 40's political campaigns using Pearl Harbor to score points on political opponents and enemies? FDR said the day after Pearl Harbor that December 7th, 1941 was a day that will forever live in infamy and told the American people that you had nothing to fear but fear itself. >>>Now all you get after 9/11 from the politicians and pundits in power is to BE afraid and trust them to protect you and to let them do ANYTHING they want (including breaking laws and outright violating the Constitution) to make you feel safe so long as you stay scared.

I'm sorry but that is perversion of a national tragedy, trivializing the 3000+ innocent people that died, and empowering the Al Qaeda movement and ideology while fear-mongering your own people, and deceiving us for political favor.<<< I cant stand it and think it is obscene. The fact that more people havent gotten angry because of that disturbs me greatly. Fear does not equal inaction and it should never absolve one of rational thought in a crisis situation. The cost could be too high."

Angelina, next time, use it all and not selectively choose. You end up looking like fool and a liar.

Reply by AngelinaAZ on 9/11/06 8:42pm
Msg #145285

Your entire post was even worse... I was condensing for the benefit of the reader... no need to sniff the sh*t twice to know it's sh*t, if you know what I mean.

Save your ridiculous pretestations of innocence... trying to pin this on me isn't going to work. You sank your own boat.

Reply by Jahari Davis on 9/11/06 8:46pm
Msg #145288

You mean conceal, spin and misuse out of context? When will you and others like you ever stop lying just to say "I won!"

If you have to lie to win, your playing yourself and others.

Reply by AngelinaAZ on 9/11/06 9:05pm
Msg #145292

When will you ever stop acting like this a GAME. It's never been a game... I don't have to get the last word and most of the time I don't. You are the one who is complaining about winning or losing and maybe that should tell you something.

I'm just telling you how I FEEL when I read your crap... and since when is posting 'a little crap' versus 'a lotta crap' a lie? I did not post out of context... I chose not to address your name calling and instead addressed your innocent claims to 'no agenda'.

But then.. I did give you the PERFECT OPPORTUNITY to say what you wanted not just once BUT TWICE.. my bad.

I promise Jahari.. because I see that your ego cannot handle it.. I will NEVER minimize you again.

Love ya nots...
The Wicked Witch

Reply by TitleGalCA on 9/11/06 8:48pm
Msg #145289

***So if I had said it about Bill Clinton it would have been ok by you right?.......Get off this "Jahari has an agenda kick!" and ACT like you have some sense.***

She has tremendous sense which is why you react so emotionally. She pulled your covers.

***The fact that more people havent gotten angry because of that disturbs me greatly.***

Yet when Charles called for and supported military action - you were soooooo quick to tell him how wrong he was.

Angelina should not do anything different "next time". She was perfect the first time.

Reply by Jahari Davis on 9/11/06 8:54pm
Msg #145291

If you actually read my posts, youd see I support military action but smart military action where there is an actual strategy involved and a tangible enemy.

Reply by Charles_Ca on 9/11/06 9:22pm
Msg #145295

Unfortunately that is a tactic used by people with no leg

to stand on. Subjectivity is just that. "You say you support military action where there is an actual strategy innvolved and a tangible enemy" that is a statement that can be used in any situation because you are not saying anything. I can say I'd agree with you if only you understood what I'm saying. The unsaid portion of that is supposed to say that you just don't see: it's an underhanded slap at the other person. In debating class they would call that a "Red Herring" it stinks! Subjective arguments lack substance and therefore are not controvertable but at the same time they don't really say anything.

Reply by Becca_FL on 9/12/06 12:13am
Msg #145369

Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah n/m

Reply by Kyle Ledgard on 9/11/06 8:44pm
Msg #145287

Re: As usual, you are being a hypocrite JJ!

JJ, you criticize those that disagree with you. You also cry about evicting Cali for his language. Well, your post is worse than those posted by Cali. How dare YOU try to make a thread the way *you* want it. There is no such thing. Further, how dare you speak to people in the tone you did to TG! You're a hypocrite and a waste of space (albeit A LOT of space...you stop going to Sparrow?) You disgust most members of this forum so shut up you !d!ot.

Reply by Jahari Davis on 9/11/06 8:52pm
Msg #145290

Kyle, look what she did!!!

Kyle, dont be blind. Open your eyes and look at what she did. Start from the Mr. Teacher post and work your way down. Yes, I posted what I did and I meant every word I said. You wanna back her up, be my guest but she's wrong in what she did to this thread. Making fun of my weight, calling me JJ, and callling me an idiot change nothing but show that you are just as petty yourself as she is Kyle. I mean come on...A LOT of space? Grow a pituitary gland already.

Reply by TitleGalCA on 9/11/06 9:21pm
Msg #145294

Re: Kyle, look what she did!!!

***...............be my guest but she's wrong in what she did to this thread***

This is very sad. It truly is all about your ego and a thread you started - as Angelina pointed out. You think I messed up your thread? That's what it's all about?

For that I get called evil. Wowsers. Have at Jahari. At least you know that I'm not the only one that see's through your agenda.

I'm off to spend some quality time with my firefighter son before he has to go back to work as an EMT in training for paramedic....after serving 4 yrs in the military saving your sorry butt.

Yeah - I'm all about evil that's for sure.

Reply by KBLedgard_CA on 9/11/06 9:39pm
Msg #145300

Jahari, look at how you sounded!

Jahari, I see quite well. I see you want people to think the way you do. It's NOT gonna happen. You're post did come across as if you were a teacher and we are you students. And if you don't think you take up a lot of space, look at the length of this thread! It does take up a lot of space. (The fact that you do was just a side note). I don't have to wait for 09/11 to remember 09/11/01! I remember it every day. As I said previously, I take the time to give thanks to those that make sacrifices for us (military, police, fire and other related). Its only the liberals like you who want to give *consitutional rights* to the enemy who need to remember 09/11 and you only do it once a year. Wanna call me petty, be my guest. What TG did was basically calling it as she (and most others) sees it. I'm sure your huddling right now with your supporters.

Reply by Jahari Davis on 9/11/06 10:01pm
Msg #145307

Re: Jahari, look at how you sounded!

I was waiting for you to reach into your grabbag to find the good old "liberal label". What you dont know or understand is that I unlike you, know what the word means. I am proud to be a liberal (though I much prefer the term Progressive) and will never be made to feel ashamed to be. I find it interesting that people throw around the words Liberal and Conservative and they dont know what they mean. So, since Sue wants me to be a teacher so badly, here is Merriam Webster's Dictionary definition of the words many that hold on to the dying conservative ideology adhere and wish to turn the word Liberal into an epithet.

Liberal - a person who is liberal: as a : one who is open-minded or not strict in the observance of orthodox, traditional, or established forms or ways b capitalized : a member or supporter of a liberal political party c : an advocate or adherent of liberalism especially in individual rights Synonyms: LIBERAL, GENEROUS, BOUNTIFUL, MUNIFICENT

Conservative - 1 : PRESERVATIVE
2 a : of or relating to a philosophy of conservatism b capitalized : of or constituting a political party professing the principles of conservatism : as (1) : of or constituting a party of the United Kingdom advocating support of established institutions (2) : PROGRESSIVE CONSERVATIVE
3 a : tending or disposed to maintain existing views, conditions, or institutions : TRADITIONAL b : marked by moderation or caution <a conservative estimate> c : marked by or relating to traditional norms of taste, elegance, style, or manners <a conservative suit>

Meaning...Liberals or progressives think forward and toward the future and maintains an open mind as it relates to new ideas.
Conservatives want to keep things the same or move backwards hoping to bring back the "good old days" which were in fact the bad old days many different ways. Some of those traditional norms I agree with such as taste, style, manners, and moderation however I prefer to think toward the future.

Reply by KBLedgard_CA on 9/11/06 10:13pm
Msg #145309

Well, it looks like you are a moron! When I looked up Moron on Merriam Webster's Dictionary, it had your picture and the following words:
1 usually offensive : a mildly mentally retarded person
2 : a very stupid person

I am an INDEPENDENT. Again, MW states:
1 : not dependent: as a (1) : not subject to control by others : SELF-GOVERNING (2) : not affiliated with a larger controlling unit b (1) : not requiring or relying on something else : not contingent <an independent conclusion> (2) : not looking to others for one's opinions or for guidance in conduct (3) : not bound by or committed to a political party

"...Some of those traditional norms I agree with such as taste, style, manners, and moderation..." Well, clearly your not telling the truth because if that was the case, you wouldn't have called TG "the wicked witch". As for the moderation, well, just review your profile.

Reply by bestcal on 9/11/06 10:25pm
Msg #145313

Re: Jahari, look at how you sounded!Kyle

Poor Kyle you are starting to sound pathetic.Why not just let it go!

Reply by KBLedgard_CA on 9/11/06 10:30pm
Msg #145315

The Way I See It...

I'm not pathetic...you are! I am countering every point your partner in crime makes and I'm winning. You must hate it, huh?

Reply by bestcal on 9/11/06 10:41pm
Msg #145318

Re: The Way I See It...No Kyle

You are not countering every point, you are resorting to name calling and that makes you sound pathetic. Now just drop it and go to bed tomorrow can be another fighting day.Fresh and energetic.Would love to sit and argue but I sure had a busy day!And yes I am telling you what to do!

Reply by KBLedgard_CA on 9/11/06 10:47pm
Msg #145321

Put down the flask and step away from the computer Bestcal! I can't go to sleep...i'm too busy watching the Chargers kick the Raiders butt.

Reply by bestcal on 9/11/06 10:52pm
Msg #145326

Well then,pull up your socks and kick butt back Raiders!Oakland don't know where the Chargers are from.Don't watch football.

Reply by Charm_AL on 9/11/06 10:53pm
Msg #145328

ok...this is where I draw the line....kick the raider's butts???....we have an issue my chef!

Reply by KBLedgard_CA on 9/11/06 11:00pm
Msg #145334

Charm, turn on the tv

Check the scoreboard, Charm! The Charger's are slicing and dicing the Raiders.

Reply by Charm_AL on 9/11/06 11:04pm
Msg #145336

Re: Charm, turn on the tv

shuddup kyle! GO Raider sh*t heads!

Reply by Becca_FL on 9/12/06 12:07am
Msg #145364

Screw you Kyle...No need to rub salt in the wounds. n/m

Reply by Brenda/CA on 9/11/06 10:47pm
Msg #145322

Re: Bestcal

You have still not responded to the simple question of "what is the difference between your constant bickering about name calling by everyone else in the thread, and Jahari's name calling directed at TG"?

Reply by bestcal on 9/11/06 10:53pm
Msg #145329

Re: Bestcal-Guess what monkey girl,not going to respond! n/m

Reply by Brenda/CA on 9/11/06 10:41pm
Msg #145319

Re: The Way I See It...

Kyle,
She has no points to make other then she has no ability to think for herself.

Reply by bestcal on 9/11/06 10:43pm
Msg #145320

Re: The Way I See It...Oh no!

Monkey girl again!And I am not namecalling she had a choice and volunteered to be a monkey.

Reply by KBLedgard_CA on 9/11/06 10:48pm
Msg #145323

A monkey is this little imaginary world you live. Now, its time to go back to your room where there is padding and you can't hurt yourself.

Reply by Brenda/CA on 9/11/06 10:57pm
Msg #145330

Bestcal,
If you were taking a test you would have failed. Again the question was not hard. I never said "you" were name calling. I said "you" complain about name calling from other board members. I asked you what the difference was between your leaders name calling in Msg #145263, or anyone else who is namecalling? What the hell do monkeys have to do with the question?

Reply by bestcal on 9/11/06 10:59pm
Msg #145331

Re: The Way I See It...Oh no!Brenda

Its late,we are all getting tired.Go to bed and have a great signing day tomorrow!

Reply by KBLedgard_CA on 9/11/06 10:59pm
Msg #145332

Brenda, you are asking a lot from monkeygirl. She doesn't know how to tell the truth or be honest.

Reply by Brenda/CA on 9/11/06 11:05pm
Msg #145337

Kyle,
It seems that she is only able to repeat over and over what she was pre-programmed to say. One thing with her seems to be constant her vision of monkeys.

Reply by KBLedgard_CA on 9/11/06 11:07pm
Msg #145338

Brenda, what part of CA are you from?

Reply by Brenda/CA on 9/11/06 11:08pm
Msg #145340

Contra Costa County in N CA.

Reply by bestcal on 9/11/06 11:13pm
Msg #145342

Re: The Way I See It...Oh no!now read 144301 your choice n/m

Reply by KBLedgard_CA on 9/11/06 11:20pm
Msg #145343

Brenda/CA

When you have a minute, email me. I have a couple of questions for you.

Reply by bestcal on 9/11/06 11:08pm
Msg #145341

Re: The Way I See It...Read# 143909 n/m

Reply by Jahari Davis on 9/11/06 11:24pm
Msg #145345

Kyle, you're being ridiculous, petty and absolutely childish. You have resorted to personal attacks regarding my weight. I am not ashamed of my weight loss success nor my weight issues period. You keep pulling out the Sparrow Magazine article I was featured in where I talked about my weight loss in the open. If you wanna bag on my success and learning more about myself, feel free to bag on me like you have been. See, I've dealt with people like you my whole life and I've heard them all and dealt with you all and I'm much too strong for s**t like that to bother or effect me. Geez, a "grown man" resorting to fat jokes? Proof that you are a child in what may be grown man's body. Its also proof you have nothing left but put downs and no validity in your stance in your argument, at all. If this were a playground you'd have said "UNCLE" 1000 times over by now.

Reply by KBLedgard_CA on 9/11/06 11:30pm
Msg #145348

Keep dreaming! Go back and look at the definitions I gave you and then get back to me. Stop changing the subject. Your tone in the initial post was very offensive.

Reply by Becca_FL on 9/12/06 12:14am
Msg #145370

Reply by CaliNotary on 9/11/06 11:27pm
Msg #145347

For anybody who believed JJ's sincerity

All you have to do is read this thread to see what a liar and hypocrite he is.

If he TRULY believed that we shouldn't indulge in this sort of behavior on 9/11 then he wouldn't have spent the entire day indulging in exactly the kind of behavior that he claims to be so horrified by. He would have said his peace and not responded any further. If it's inappropriate for one then it's inappropriate for all.

His 15 posts in this thread just show once again that he's as full of shit as he is of hot air. Never willing to practice what he preaches (and preaches and preaches and preaches and preaches), only willing to whine and too stupid to know the difference.

Reply by Jahari Davis on 9/11/06 11:39pm
Msg #145352

Re: For anybody who believed JJ's sincerity

I was wondering when you would show up Cali. I've proven how much of a liar you are so whatever you have to say wont hold any water.

Reply by CaliNotary on 9/11/06 11:47pm
Msg #145354

Yeah, unlike you I *didn't* spend the whole anniversary of 9/11 bickering on this board. At least one of us knows when it's appropriate to take the high road (hint: it's not you).

Reply by Jahari Davis on 9/11/06 11:56pm
Msg #145358

Do you really want to have this discussion right now Cali?

Cali, who posted for the 30 moment of silence? Who asked for everyone to reflect, remember and honor those that died? You want to talk about high road? Nothing higher than Reflection, Rememberance, and Honor on this day of all days that affected us all. This thread was not created for bickering, it was created to share stories and reflect. Some did but unfortunately they've been lost because of Sue's bulls**t.

Reply by CaliNotary on 9/12/06 12:03am
Msg #145360

Re: Do you really want to have this discussion right now Cal

"Cali, who posted for the 30 moment of silence? Who asked for everyone to reflect, remember and honor those that died?"

And who then spent a large portion of the day posting stuff that had absolutely nothing to do with reflecting and remembering and honoring those who died?

Don't strain yourself patting yourself on the back, you most certainly did NOT take the high road. I really can't believe you're using a variation of "but she started it!" as your defense.

Reply by Jahari Davis on 9/12/06 12:09am
Msg #145365

Re: Do you really want to have this discussion right now Cal

Did you not see My 9/11 story? And yes she did start it. What's crazy is you know she started it and you are defending her inspite of the evidence proving she is the wrong party in this mess.

Reply by Jahari Davis on 9/11/06 11:49pm
Msg #145356

One more thing...I think before you make an @$$ out of yourself yet again, read the thread and see who ruined this thread that started out really great with stories of reflection of the day. I'll give you a hint, her initials are SS or should I say TG for the board. Msg #145138. I was actually curious to hear her story because she's mentioned her son's service, so she'd have had a pretty good perspective, but instead she had to be a snide, cold and bitter about it and attack me. Look at the damage she caused in this thread because she cant stand that I, not you, not she, not Al, not Kyle, not Angelina, but Jahari created a thread for all of us to reflect on 9/11 and where we were, what we were doing, and how we felt and share our stories. Cali, fact is, she didnt have to post anything. She could have just let it go. This was about unity. Not bitter division like usual. I lashed out at her because she ruined it and that pissed me off to no end and yes I am still pissed. So before you get started, consider TG's culpability because she crossed a line that need not have been crossed.

Reply by KBLedgard_CA on 9/11/06 11:55pm
Msg #145357

Fact Is...

You didn't have to come across as if you were some authority figure who wanted to know how we celebrated a certain day. You use this forum to spew your propoganda. Why don't you go away? You clearly iritate the majority. You post nothing of value from a notary stand point. TG has been a respected member here and will be long after you're gone! So STFU while you have a chance.

Reply by Jahari Davis on 9/12/06 12:04am
Msg #145361

Re: Fact Is...

Oh my, what is the fearsome Kyle Ledgard going to do? Kyle you obviously have no clue what propoganda is or else you'd realize your drowning in it and dont know which end is up.
And for the record I do post from a notary stand point and have many times over. Yet, you and that "majority" refuse to admit that. You fall silent when I do, and claim that I dont when it suits you. You'd rather shout that I dont than actually admit that I do hope someone actually listens to you. Need I put up message numbers or should I let people search them for themselves.

Reply by CaliNotary on 9/12/06 12:07am
Msg #145363

"Need I put up message numbers or should I let people search them for themselves."

I think you should let people search for themselves. That way they can see the true context of how you have what, 1 notary related post for every 100 political posts?

Reply by Jahari Davis on 9/12/06 12:12am
Msg #145367

Should we dig up your numbers and see how many people you've slammed for their viewpoints on things Cali? Should we dig up your numbers for the condescending posts and posts cut and pasted out of context?

Reply by CaliNotary on 9/12/06 12:15am
Msg #145373

Go right ahead

I can guarantee you that my ratio of notary related posts to non notary related posts will put yours to shame.

Reply by Becca_FL on 9/12/06 12:15am
Msg #145374

Reply by KBLedgard_CA on 9/12/06 12:12am
Msg #145366

Jahari, can all these people be wrong? I mean, your only real support is Patricia, I mean bestcal. Nuff said!

Reply by CaliNotary on 9/11/06 11:59pm
Msg #145359

"Cali, fact is, she didnt have to post anything. She could have just let it go. This was about unity. Not bitter division like usual."

And you could have done the exact same thing. But you chose not to.

You can't condemn her for doing something you're not willing to do yourself, even if you weren't the one who did it first.

If you didn't want it to be about bitter division you shouldn't have participated in the bitter division, why isn't that clear to you?

Reply by Jahari Davis on 9/12/06 12:07am
Msg #145362

Perhaps you should read msg #145221 Cali. n/m

Reply by CaliNotary on 9/12/06 12:12am
Msg #145368

There's no reason to read any message

You're trying to defend your behavior and you just can't do it. It doesn't matter if you were provoked, if you didn't want this kind of bickering on this board today you had all the power in the world to make sure that you didn't participate in it. Nobody held a gun to your head, you did it all with your own free will.

Why can't you get that through your thick skull? YOU made a conscious decision to spend the day bickering on this board. YOU'RE just as guilty as you're claiming Sue is. It's shameful that you're not willing to take responsibility for your own actions.

Reply by Jahari Davis on 9/12/06 12:15am
Msg #145375

Re: There's no reason to read any message

Again, proof that you will not and cannot admit that you or someone in your get along gang is wrong. Cali, read the posts. Admit you are wrong. Accept that she is wrong. Get THAT through YOUR thick skull.

Reply by Becca_FL on 9/12/06 12:17am
Msg #145377

JJ Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah n/m

Reply by CaliNotary on 9/12/06 12:19am
Msg #145378

Wow, talk about an obvious sidestep

My ENTIRE point was that you didn't have to participate in any of this if you didn't want to. You're telling me that I'm wrong about that?

Reply by Jahari Davis on 9/12/06 12:23am
Msg #145380

Re: Wow, talk about an obvious sidestep

Cali, I'm man enough to give you just this one time, that you have a valid point. However, can you admit that she did not need to post what she posted and could have either kept silent, or posted a story about her son or her personal 9/11 story and kept the thread unified longer than it was?

Reply by Becca_FL on 9/12/06 12:25am
Msg #145381

JJ, Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah n/m

Reply by Becca_FL on 9/12/06 12:35am
Msg #145382

JJ be careful of what you wish for..

or ask for, you just might get it and you may not like what you end up with.

Youuuuu aked for it, you got it Ja-Hari!

Reply by CaliNotary on 9/12/06 12:39am
Msg #145383

Re: Wow, talk about an obvious sidestep

If you'll notice, none of my posts in this thread have had anything to do with that aspect of the discussion, either pro or con. Did she need to post what she did? No. Did I need to post anything in this thread? No. Did you need to start this thread? No. Do we all have the right to post what we did in this thread? Yes.

The only point I was ever trying to make is that at the beginning of the thread you were aghast that this arguing could happen on "today of all days", but then you spent the rest of "today of all days" being as active a participant in the arguing as anybody else.

Who is right and who is wrong is certainly a subjective matter, but one undeniable fact is that everybody particpating in the argument is equally guilty of keeping the argument going. And yes, that now includes me.

Reply by Becca_FL on 9/12/06 12:15am
Msg #145372

Reply by Becca_FL on 9/12/06 12:16am
Msg #145376

JJ, Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah n/m

Reply by Becca_FL on 9/11/06 11:43pm
Msg #145353

Re: For anybody who believed JJ's sincerity Cali

Thank you for summing it up for me. I worked late and had no intention of reading the entire JJ train wreck of a post as it just seemed to go on and on and on...Thank you, I'm done here. I get the jest of it.

Reply by Becca_FL on 9/12/06 12:22am
Msg #145379

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.