Notary Rotary
TitleGalCA -- Cuisinart better than a George Foreman Grill
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2006 Index

Posted by Tina_MA on 9/22/06 1:36pm
Msg #147818

Re: OT -- What are you making for dinner - Question, Tina?
Posted by TitleGalCA of CA on 9/21/06 9:31pm
Msg #147643

So you like the Cuisinart better than a George Foreman Grill?

I was disappointed in the G.F. Grill and didn't use it after a while...seemed like everything was overcooked and dry. The Cuisinart appears to have a variety of settings that the GF didn't have. I'm all about healthy and easy and after looking at the Cuisinart online...I think it might be a better purchase.

Yes, the Cuisinart is 100 times better than the George Forman Grill!

I had one of the G.F. grills that did not have an adjustable thermostat or removable grill plates. It was terrible. It did not cook evenly and it was the worst to clean -- instructions state not to get the unit wet. Makes it sound like a use once and discard item.

I've only used the Cuisinart as a grill, because that's what I wanted it for. It does come with the extra plates to open it wide and use both top and bottom as a griddle. You can also open it up wide and grill on it as well. I prefer to use it as a contact grill because it cooks faster.

Everything I've grilled on the Cuisinart has cooked evenly and has been nice and juicy because I'm able to control the temperature.

Cleaning it is really easy because the grill plates come off. The instructions state that they're dishwasher safe, but I tend to prefer to wash them by hand.

One of the sites I looked at suggested putting wet paper towels on the grill and letting it sit there until you're done eating. This works great! I put a layer of two or three towels on there and pour a little more water over the towels, shut the gill and it steams like you're pressing pants. When I take it apart to clean it afterwords, everything wipes right off.

So I would suggest you buy the Cuisinart. I think you'll love it. My G.F. is going to the yard sale pile!

Reply by Paul_IL on 9/22/06 2:32pm
Msg #147828

I have one as well. The Cuisinart is 100 times better than the Foreman grill and it also functions as a true Panini Press as well.

Reply by TitleGalCA on 9/22/06 7:45pm
Msg #147912

Thanks guys

Tina I'm sold. I love grilled food and was so disappointed about ol' George. I'm searching for the best price on the net and will let you know.

Thanks for the good reviews...hey, NotRot is better than Amazon, IMO, for OT opinions....you guys I trust!

Reply by Tina_MA on 9/22/06 7:58pm
Msg #147918

Re: Thanks guys -- you're very welcome, wish someone had

told me about that stupid G.F. grill before I wasted my money.

Hopefully I can recoup some of my loss though my yard sale. I'm sure someone will be thrilled to buy it.

Reply by Paul_IL on 9/22/06 8:33pm
Msg #147923

Re: Thanks guys -- you're very welcome, wish someone had

Donate it to Goodwill and take the tax break

Reply by Tina_MA on 9/22/06 8:49pm
Msg #147927

Re: Thanks guys -- great idea Paul. n/m

Reply by BarbaraL_CA on 9/22/06 9:24pm
Msg #147930

I have GF grill and love it! It has the removable plates (a big plus from my old GF) and you can set the temperature. I use it all the time and the meats remain juicy. I basically use it for steak, chops, chicken, and kabobs. Fish I'll do in the oven.

The Cusinart sounds good - maybe when this GF croaks I'll try it.

Reply by TitleGalCA on 9/22/06 9:45pm
Msg #147932

Re: TitleGalCA -- Cuisinart better than a George Foreman Gri

Hi Barbara - I think the more expensive GF Grills do what you're describing...mine is of the $60 variety so maybe that is the difference.

I like things simple and easy but not lacking in quality - so I'm thinking the Cuisinart would be a good purchase.

Regardless....grilled food is better than anything fried, boiled, char-broiled, etc. Hey - I have a Chihuahua to feed, dontcha know...Lol.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.