Notary Rotary
Training
Notary Discussion History

Training
Go Back to September, 2006 Index

Posted by Tina Johnson on 9/13/06 9:37am
Msg #145721

Training

As mentioned in an earlier post - I am a newbie here. I have been a notary for 5 years and a Realtor for 2 years in VA. I am looking for some online training so I can be more confidant in the notary closing process to make sure I know what is expected of me and how to do it. I have a friend who has been doing closings for sesveral years and she has been answering my questions so far. How many of you have done the ASN Training? Is it worth the money or is there better options? I want a course that will teach me exactly what is required and how so I do the best job I can. Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks!

Reply by Merry_CA on 9/13/06 12:12pm
Msg #145757

Tina, If you have a friend who is an experienced NSA, and she is willing to answer your questions and give you guidance, that is great. I also had a good friend with lots of experience who was willing to take me along on a few signings with her. She was very generous with her time and experience. The experience I was able to gain is priceless. I went ahead and took a certification class, but frankly, I learned more by observing a pro just a few times. My friend works only for TC and LO. Her base fee is $150.00 (+). She was not afraid that I was going to take business from her. The only way I could have done that would be to uncut her with her own clients. I would be found out in a heartbeat if I did that! Wink I keep my fees in line with hers and I do this on a very limited part time basis. I refer her for the jobs I cannot take and she does the same. We have our own mini network that works for both of us. Most work that comes our way we turn down because our fee is not met. But the work we do take pays well and, in the long run, more than makes up for the low-ball work we turn down. Talk with your friend to see if she wants to help you get up to speed. Whatever you do, if she does help you, DO NOT UNDERCUT HER! Best of luck.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.