Traveling2U...
Notary Discussion History

Traveling2U...
Go Back to September, 2006 Index

Posted by Charm_AL on 9/2/06 10:21am
Msg #143131

Traveling2U...

Great moniker!

However, please don't take this as any more than my humble opinion...Your profile is what potential companies read when looking for a qualified notary in a particular area. Yours is a book! A great resume in the making, but far too cluttered for the average SS or TC to glance at. Trust me, I used to not only look thru hundreds of resumes, but developed them as well, as an emplyment counselor in another lifetime...Point out the highlights and follow-up by e-mailing resumes to .com companies that don't offer the 'grid sign up.' I wish you the best Wendy, please don't take it the wrong way.

Also a good idea to update once a month just so that the companies see that you are still around and on top of things. In fact I'm being silly since it's the weekend and have changed my pic to reflect that of my daughter at my desk Smile -- it's just a temporay thing, but hey, it's a holiday weekend and I'm getting into the spirit. Good luck to you !

Reply by LawrenceOK on 9/2/06 10:44am
Msg #143134

Hmmmm, me thinks you have shrunk just a little.

Reply by Traveling2U on 9/2/06 11:23am
Msg #143136

Re: Traveling2U...went over my head please help

shrunk? help me with this ;-)

Reply by Charm_AL on 9/2/06 11:30am
Msg #143138

Re: Traveling2U...went over my head please help

That was Lawrence the kidder teasing me about my profile pic.

Yes a few good bullet points (highlights) will clean it up just fine! I should know, I'm working on cleaning up my website and it'll have a different simpler look on the front page with the pertinent info at the top and some bullets. I took the advice of someone that said the TCs are going to look at the first 2 inches and move on if they don't have you at their fingertips. The profile here serves as an 'at a glance' info about you.

Reply by Traveling2U on 9/2/06 1:45pm
Msg #143150

Re: Traveling2U...went over my head please help thanks

I understand...I'll work on it thanks for the pointers. Come to think of it I give some websites about 2 seconds ;-)

I'll work on the top 2 inches for sure ;-) thank you so much!!

Reply by Traveling2U on 9/2/06 11:21am
Msg #143135

Re: Traveling2U... thank you...

I guess they suggested full profile h..um too much okay will work on it thank you!!

Reply by LkArrowhd/CA on 9/2/06 8:04pm
Msg #143169

Re: Traveling2U...Not to pick on you but oh may goodness

I did just click on your profile........Think in terms of Less is More.......Just my two cents.....

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.