Notary Rotary
Veri-docs low fee
Notary Discussion History

Veri-docs low fee
Go Back to September, 2006 Index

Posted by WendyFL on 9/21/06 2:30pm
Msg #147521

Veri-docs low fee

I received 3 calls yesterday for 3 different signings in my area. One was for Sunday. All they wanted to pay was $50 each. I told them my fee. Same line-'We don't get paid that, I will have to get it approved." Yeah right. I know they can pay more because I did a closing last month for an even higher rate than what I quoted yesterday. They must have found someone to do it cheaper. You can have the $50 closings especially when they can't tell me what kind, only 'oh, it is a simple close.'

Just venting, sorry. I feel better now!!

Reply by onthegoinfl on 9/21/06 2:34pm
Msg #147528

Unfortunately I have been seeing more and more of this. The loan packages keep getting larger and the demands that are placed on us keep growing, but the fees keep going down.

Reply by MistarellaFL on 9/21/06 2:41pm
Msg #147535

What area are you Floridians in?

Some markets are saturated with agents.
They can often get your competiton to low-ball you!

Reply by Traveling2U on 9/21/06 3:32pm
Msg #147552

Re: Veri-docs low fee Ditto You read my mind

I got a call at 8:20 PM 1 set 48 pages end up being 324 pages. The Br's didn't know that they had to get a cashiers check until this morning to return with the package. Gosh he was so upset. I'll eat this one if they don't adjust my fees. For as I'm concern I do not have to do this 24/7

My cut off time for edocs will be 3:00 PM for same day signing. I'm considering not accepting edcoc's sure I might not get as many calls. That will be just fine with me. I love this business but I don't like the games. I took the job at 8:20 PM and was over the Br's by 10:30 PM

Overnight docs are fine with me.

Reply by Barbara O on 9/22/06 7:18am
Msg #147690

I got a call yesterday for a signing (not VeriDocs but another well known co) and she wanted me to go to a signing over 20 miles away for $50. I told her no, my fee was [x]. She said "well gas prices are coming down you know" What?? She said she had two other notaries in my area and she needed to "exhaust all her resources" before accepting my fee. I laughed as I hung up the phone because the two notaries "in my area" - one is an hour from where the signing was to be so there is no way his fee would be $50 (you'd hope) and one is brand new - I actually did think the one closer to me would take it for the $50 as she normally takes the lowbie fees, but half hour later the woman calls back to tell me my fee is fine. Stick to your guns people!

Reply by Ron/LA on 10/9/07 10:50am
Msg #215565

They agreed to pay $125.00 for a signing on 6-10-07. Thus far I have not been able to get them to pay the fee we agreed upon. They claim payment was made, but does not respond to request for copy of check front and back.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.