Notary Rotary
What do you put on your business card?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2006 Index

Posted by cassiewi on 9/14/06 12:54pm
Msg #146026

If you work out of your home, do you put your address on your cards? Without thinking when I ordered my cards, I put my address on it. I gave one to a borrower recently and she said what if you get some crazy stalking you.? Just curious as to what other people put on their cards.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 9/14/06 12:56pm
Msg #146029

I did the same thing first time too- now I just put my city, state, (county too) and the counties I serve with telephone, fax and e-mail.

I suppose that's more than enough for those who would want to find me..

Reply by Cam/CA on 9/14/06 12:59pm
Msg #146031

I don't have my home address on my business cards, it was suggested not to at the class I took because of that reason and especially if you are a single woman.

Reply by Signing_Doc on 9/14/06 1:04pm
Msg #146036

I put my corp po mailbox...everthing goes there except for overnights...and if there is to be an o/n, I advise them of my residential address. Otherwise, only my po box. I would suggest that ,for business purposes, you either get a PMB (private mail box...) or a PO Box for your business.

"Doc"

Reply by cassiewi on 9/14/06 1:11pm
Msg #146040

That's a good idea. I'm very close to the post office. Thanks Doc!

Reply by cassiewi on 9/14/06 1:05pm
Msg #146037

I think I'll get new cards. I'm not single, but better to be safe than sorry.

Reply by hcampersFL on 9/14/06 2:02pm
Msg #146064

I have two very friendly Boxers waiting to meet anyone that wants to come by. They will tear up a new face. The cable, fedex and phone guys now come to my garage door. They didn't like it when the male Boxer broke the leaded glass in the window of the front door. I didn't like it either but it sure has been a deterrent for the unsavory.
Beverly

Reply by Julie/MI on 9/14/06 3:03pm
Msg #146088

Boy hcampers, I would hate to be your homeowner's policy carrier!!! Smile I live next door to three boxes and they are the most gentle dogs I have ever seen.

I don't ever leave a business card and here is why: (unless they are the lender or title company)

1. I don't want general notarization work

2. I don't want them to call me when their taxes were not paid or any other problem they encounter. All I can do is tell them to call their lender. Been there done that.

Reply by Dorothy_MI on 9/14/06 5:40pm
Msg #146165

Cassie, don't throw those cards out, just keep them for lenders and title companies. I'm like Julie, unless they specifically ask for my card I don't give them out because I don't want to do general notarization work either. Although today I did adoption paperwork, easiest money I ever made.

Reply by cassiewi on 9/14/06 5:57pm
Msg #146172

Good point. I hated the thought of throwing money down the drain. I did adoption paperwork for the first time a couple of weeks ago. Very easy.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.