Notary Rotary
What is this board turning into?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2006 Index

Posted by BobRogers_FL on 9/5/06 6:51am
Msg #143497

What is all this OT stuff! Are there not enough issues in the Notary Signing Business to keep us interested? Let's get away from all the OT stuff and get back to business.

Reply by css_mi on 9/5/06 6:54am
Msg #143498

Totally agree! Smile nm

Reply by BrendaTx on 9/5/06 6:55am
Msg #143500

Re: What is this board turning into? Bob...

please write Harry and tell him you feel this way. I agree that an off-topic area for posting would be the best way.

Reply by PJM/MI on 9/5/06 7:21am
Msg #143503

I tiotally agree with you! Rather frustrating to see what's going on in the NOTROT world when it's filled with OT posts. You can find all of that in a chat room...not what I'm checking this website for.

Reply by Lynn Lowry on 9/5/06 8:00am
Msg #143510

I feel some of the OT topics are interesting and and others are not. Since you are warned by OT in the subject, you can just skip reading them.

Reply by LkArrowhd/CA on 9/5/06 9:03am
Msg #143518

Re: Bob what is so interesting about the same questions

being asked over and over.......enjoy the board for what it is, pass over items that are of no interest to you.......in your case totally skip all OT, and move on. I enjoy the board but if I don't get to it for a few days it's not the end of the world not saying it is of yours either.....there are many other resources out there for notary information and if you have a specific question lordy knows you have plenty of experts in your neck of the woods in FL. We can't please everyone all the time, we have many different personalities on this forum......Some days it is totally entertaining, other days it's lacking but most days I so enjoy the board.....

Reply by Diga2Lin/FL on 9/5/06 9:22am
Msg #143522

I agree to a point - it's not the OT that bothers me so much (this past weekend with everyone holiday busy it was fun) but how long some of these OT threads go AND the change of subject in the middle to other contentious subjects. Many times they change from OT to "Put Your Dukes UP!!"...

I've learned a great deal on this board - I check it every day all day without fail - and it's true -there are OT subjects every day - if you don't like the OT - skip 'em! If you really like this board, like I do, you'll go to the threads that interest you and skip the rest.

Just MHO..

Reply by BobRogers_FL on 9/5/06 12:13pm
Msg #143566

As has been suggested, I do skip over the OT's, but this board is very limited in the number of posts that you can access on any given day and when it is filled with cr.p, there is no room left for meaningful posts to still be viewed.

Harry, I hope you are reading this and will take some action.

Reply by Brenda/CA on 9/5/06 12:48pm
Msg #143577

I think that O/T in the subject line gives the person fair warning that the subject is off-topic. I do agree that there are a lot of topics such as political and activist related subjects that should be left off of this board, as they do tend to turn into heated debates. However, there are O/T that in my opinion show that people even in a cyber atmosphere show compassion for others, these are the requests for prayers, support our troops, help a fellow notary, etc. And, yes even the O/T jokes that bring humor to the board. I do not understand how O/T makes the board unprofessional. Having worked in the administrative office environment for many years I will tell you that people do talk about things other then work (and it was still a professional environment). To ask for the board police to keep people on-topic at all times would certainly make for a very stoic environment. If you don't like a subject then skip over it, rather then calling for Harry to take some action. JMHO

Reply by Lynn Lowry on 9/5/06 1:41pm
Msg #143585

BobRogers - relax and don't be so serious

You wrote, "this board is very limited in the number of posts that you can access on any given day and when it is filled with cr.p, there is no room left for meaningful posts to still be viewed."

What does that mean? There is no limit as to the number of posts that can be made and you can just skip over the OT subjects and read the ones that interest you.

I don't see why you feel that you need to police the board because others write about topics that you aren't interested in. I have been active on several discussion boards with varying purposes, and they all had OT subjects from time to time.

Reply by Charm_AL on 9/5/06 2:01pm
Msg #143589

you wrote

"but this board is very limited in the number of posts that you can access on any given day and when it is filled with cr.p, there is no room left for meaningful posts to still be viewed."

You have several options to view posts back as far as you would like. There is a prev and next button to go back and forth. You can also read them in linear mode, threaded or by topic.

Reply by Marlene/USNA on 9/5/06 3:33pm
Msg #143622

Please weigh in on Power of Attorney topic above. . .

. . .many differing viewpoints make the discussion.

Reply by JanetK_CA on 9/6/06 12:14am
Msg #143750

A question for you all...

If you haven't been on the board for a day - or maybe even just in general - how many pages back do you normally look for follow-up comments on particular threads? I'm curious, because like Bob, I find it cumbersome to keep paging back to find interesting threads and follow-up comments. It seems like it doesn't take long for something to get lost in the shuffle.

A worst case would be where someone asks a question that doesn't generate a lot of interest, but does get a few responses that are either off the mark or potentially misleading - especially to someone new. I recall something like that happening not too long ago and wondering if I posted what I thought was a better answer, would anyone read it?

I don't know how complicated or costly it would be to set up another forum for OT topics, but I have no doubt it would be popular and I don't think it would hurt this one at all. Just my 2 cents... (Maybe I need to give the other formats a chance again.)

Reply by KBLedgard_CA on 9/6/06 12:17am
Msg #143751

Re: A question for you all...

"A worst case would be where someone asks a question that doesn't generate a lot of interest, but does get a few responses that are either off the mark or potentially misleading - especially to someone new." - sounds like your talking about Flamac.

Reply by JanetK_CA on 9/6/06 12:52am
Msg #143773

Re: A question for you all...

Well, I hadn't read those posts yet when I wrote this, but if the shoe fits... ;>Wink I WAS rather amused, though, to read that thread after posting this... I was actually thinking about another situation a few days back.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.