Msg #146371

When signing at a restraunt....

Is it proper for myself to leave a tip when done
or the borrowers since they have requested to
do it there?
Thanks

Reply by Merry_CA on 9/15/06 12:48pm
Msg #146372

If you are paying on separate tabs... just leave your own tip. If one or the other is picking up the tab for you both then the other one might offer to leave the tip. It doesn't seem to me to be any different than having lunch with a friend or a business associate.

Reply by Julie/MI on 9/15/06 1:04pm
Msg #146374

Re: When signing at a restraunt.... I won't

This is a big fat no no for the exact reason you mentioned.

Then they think this is leisure time as they refill the coffee and I just won't have it.

I always suggest a library or fast food but not a tipping restaurant. I just tell the borrowers I don't want to accidentally spill food or drink on the docs.

Reply by Kate/CA on 9/15/06 2:28pm
Msg #146382

I agree

I agree fast foods are much better to do a siging. No one to keep asking if you want anythingelse and no dishes and silverware banging.

Reply by MistarellaFL on 9/15/06 2:28pm
Msg #146383

Re: When signing at a restraunt.... I won't

As the former owner of a restaurant, please understand this is not the function of a restaurant, and staff/managers may be unhappy at your choice of signing location.
They are in the biz to make money, which means productive tables turning over (meaning: ordering food and bevs, eating and leaving)
Suggest another place to sign, Julie has some other great ideas.
Before I had my own office, I sometimes "borrowed" the office of a friend or family.

Reply by PA_Notary_II on 9/15/06 3:43pm
Msg #146393

Re: When signing at a restaurant....

This is why I love McDonalds. No waitress, HUGE tables and if you set up in the back close to the restrooms it is super quiet. 2nd choice is Burger King.

Reply by hcampersFL on 9/15/06 3:51pm
Msg #146396

Re: When signing at a restaurant....

I always end up in the playland. They always bring the kids and we do the signing there. I don't mind I love kids screaming and running around the table the whole time.

Beverly

Reply by CARID on 9/15/06 4:05pm
Msg #146405

Here is a story about a fast food location signing .....

Customer picked Burger King for her closing. As we walked in together. She advise she would rather close first and then she was going to get breakfast to go. We were sitting by the window. There was one other customer in the entire place. Their window cleaner came in and we were at the window he was ready to clean. The manager came over and TOLD us to move that we were in the way ! 1st time in 6 years. I have had anything like that happen. Customer was so mad she left without making a purchase.

Reply by hcampersFL on 9/15/06 4:22pm
Msg #146412

Re: Here is a story about a fast food location signing .....

When I do these in a fast food chain I always "check in" with the counter. I just let them know that we are having a brief meeting and may purchase a meal when we are done. After we are done I always go back to the person I talked to and thank them very much and try and show my appreciation.
Beverly

Reply by CaliNotary on 9/15/06 7:56pm
Msg #146442

Re: Here is a story about a fast food location signing .....

"Their window cleaner came in and we were at the window he was ready to clean. The manager came over and TOLD us to move that we were in the way !"

Well, were you in the way of the window he wanted to clean? Was he really obnoxious about it or were you just annoyed because you were asked to move?

Reply by BP/WV on 9/16/06 7:56am
Msg #146500

Yes..big no no. IMO It is not a social gathering.

I just did one the other day where I had traveled over two hours to get there. The borrowers insisted I meet them at a restaurant off the interstate. For some reason, they did not want me to come to their home. While in the restaurant, they ordered just iced tea for themselves....which made me extreemly nervous. If there was a spill, I would have had to drive back two hours to do a reprint.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.