Notary Rotary
Why????
Notary Discussion History

Why????
Go Back to September, 2006 Index

Posted by mtcwgrl on 9/30/06 9:37pm
Msg #149576

Why????

When was the last time you went to the grocery store and told the butcher his price of meat was too high and gave him a break down of just what HIS cost really are?
When was the last time you called your credit card company, utilities company, cell phone company or dish or cable network and told them you pay your bills every 45 days?
When was the last time you did not show up for a doctor or dentist appointment(AND DID NOT CANCEL), and they called you all mad and said you owed them for a cancellation?

Maybe we do not have the same credentials behind our name as doctors and dentist but we are a viable business. We are probably the only face to face encounter the borrower ever has in the process and yet these signing companies tell us what we can charge…only to see that really they want us to build THEIR bottom line.
The old adage you get what you pay for is true…just like companies writing off bad debt..it is cheaper to do it twice for penitence than do it right the first time. I don’t adhere to that philosophy and will not accept compensation that projects this mentality.

I happen to be blessed to be in a market that is not over saturated like some markets are…but the majority of the over saturated markets are that way with an inexperienced minority…cream always rises to the top.

I say all this to say…we need to take back the reins and let the powers that be know we are not a force to take lightly. No one in the process would even have any monetary compensation to line their pockets if we DID NOT do our jobs.

I am so tired of hearing that we are the bottom of the food chain…be it true or not I think of myself as the top of the food chain because just like a marriage if not consummated it is not considered a marriage. So as we are….if we do not consummate the closing it is not a completed loan!!! We are worth more than what we actually receive because as you all have seen we CAN SAVE THEIR LOAN!

Just a rant an my humble opinion!

Reply by MistarellaFL on 9/30/06 9:53pm
Msg #149579

Nice rant, GF

It is accurate, too.
I am going to borrow a line from your rant next time I get a cheap offer, followed by one of their insults in response to my counter-offer ("are you trying to make all this week's money on this one closing?"Wink
This is the response I will give (cordially, of course):
IF YOU WANT ME TO HELP BUILD YOUR BOTTOM LINE, YOU MUST HELP ME BUILD MINE.
Thanks MTCGRL!

Reply by Lisa Prestegard on 10/1/06 9:43am
Msg #149620

Beautifully stated... Brava! n/m

Reply by LkArrowhd/CA on 10/1/06 10:06am
Msg #149626

mtcwgrl-You know I've had perhaps three companies during

the month of Sept. call me with totally unreasonable fees, they were last minute situations(emergency type deals) so they immediately approach with the most important info then the money is dicussed at the end. I of course respond, stunned by the fee they offer. I, in each situation simply explained I can not accept this work order for that fee, I'm sorry. They all said, all right and reminded me that since it was an emergency situation they will pay this time but in the future and I kindly reminded them to not bother to put me in their system, they insisted they must, to pay me and I said well than make a notation, call for emergency signing only. I do think in many cases this is their ploy to dicker back and forth....and it is always my choice to accept or not accept.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.