always get it in writing...
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2006 Index

Posted by Jersey_Boy on 9/9/06 12:30am
Msg #144665

I will shorten this as much as I can:

Day 1- Reputable SS calls needs signing. Arrive and names on docs are no good. Too much name on docs, not enough on ID. Unable to comply with the yada yada instructions in original confirmation. Contact Escrow Officer, instructed to blah blah. Request blah blah insturctions in writing via email. Receive email. Proceed with blah blah.

Day 2- After reviewing fax backs SS wants me to go back and bo babbetly in addition to the blah blah already performed. Notifiy them that additional fee would be required, they agree. Request bo babbetly instuctions in writing with approval of additonal fee. Receive email. Go get the bo babbetly.

Day 25- Receive payment from Blah Blah , but no bo babbetly money to be found. Contact SS, they will look into.

Day 32- Receive email, addional bo babbetly payment declined because I had been given specific written instructions to yada yada, not to blah blah or bo babbetly....

Day 32 Cont - Forward all WRITEN communications to accounts payable.

Day 36 - Receive bo babbetly money.

An dey all libed habbily eber apter...

Reply by BarbaraL_CA on 9/9/06 1:10am
Msg #144670

Love it "JerseyBoy"!

You explained that very well Smile

Had to do the same thing my self one time - yes, it pays to get everything in writing (no pun intended).

Reply by hcampersFL on 9/9/06 7:14am
Msg #144679

Unfortunately I have had to learn this the hard way.

Long story and I won't boar anyone with the details.
Suffice it to say Archer land title out of Jacksonville, Florida thinks that I am the Notary Fairy. That I go around and do signings to bring sunshine and rainbows to everyone.

I learn cuz I got burned!

JB glad your reminding everyone the right way to handle your business.

Beverly

Reply by hcampersFL on 9/9/06 7:20am
Msg #144680

learn=learned (sp) n/m

Reply by Gary_CA on 9/9/06 10:07am
Msg #144698

boar = sow's husband (sp) n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.