Notary Rotary
dynamicdox
Notary Discussion History

dynamicdox
Go Back to September, 2006 Index

Posted by jlissem on 9/30/06 9:03am
Msg #149471

dynamicdox

Went to an Office Depot print shop to print out docs. Was shocked to find out that their main security system blocked opening the package. Was told that DD use an file that can open path for for virus to attack computer. Has anyone else run into this?

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 9/30/06 9:14am
Msg #149477

Re: dynamicdox...no..never had that happen.. n/m

Reply by Teddog/CO on 9/30/06 9:24am
Msg #149488

I never print anything outside my office. I once entertained the thought of setting up an account with Office Depot and Kinko. Had to many problems just getting a straight answer. They claim virus attack as the reason , they another location said no they could do it ? So you're guess is as good as mine. Plus the fact that the cost of offsite printing is way to high. If companies think we're high they should see the cost through Kinko's and others.

My personal opinion, the information in docs is much to sensitive to be printed anywhere but my office. Talk about clearance and background checks! lol

Reply by LkArrowhd/CA on 9/30/06 10:02am
Msg #149504

Re: dynamicdox, I had a file not long ago, I can't recall

the program, I'd have to look it up but it was the first time I feel a file created mischief on my computer......I was able to download file and get her done but I said to myself no more work from this company.....

Reply by Glenn Strickler on 9/30/06 10:34am
Msg #149511

It has been a long time for me as well, but if memory serves, they have a security feature that does not allow the docs to be printed from another computer than the one on which the docs were downloaded. When you put the docs on a flash drive or whatever you used to transfer them, you probably invalidated the file.

Hopefully you only print outside your home because of an emergency as that costs a fortune compared to doing it yourself. Having the equipment pays for itself in short order. Having 2 printers is even better.

Reply by jlissem on 9/30/06 10:37am
Msg #149513

Office Depot refered to as an execute file,told me it gives it access to the computer. I only use Office Depot or similar when on the road and have no time to go back to office. I have a Lexmark printer that will print out DD Docs and a Brothers that will not.

Reply by cassiewi on 9/30/06 11:07am
Msg #149523

My brother prints out DD docs fine. There was one company I couldn't print for when first started, but they were really cheap anyway, so it didn't matter.

Reply by Dorothy_MI on 9/30/06 7:45pm
Msg #149568

Office Max/Depot

They can only print docs that are in PDF file format. Can not go onto the web to print out docs (believe it is company policy). Have occassionally had to resort to getting them printed out there so if you really must use them, ask TC to scan them into PDF file for you. It is not the best solution, but sometimes the only solution vs not getting the docs on time. It is certainly much more expensive than printing them yourself so save this solution for emergencies only. (And SS think that it costs less than $10!!! Wonder what turnip truck they fell off?)

Reply by David Kral on 10/1/06 3:35am
Msg #149599

Installs software on your pc

DD installs software on your pc and then talks back and form and the documents are downloaded and printed. Officemax, kindos etc do not allow this. You can send them a file(but not a link, software and file as there system blocks it). Thus, the answer your received was correct.

It has been awhile since I used DD. On some mortage printing programs you can download, pull it up in Adobe and save as a PDF. Then you can put on a disc or emails to Kinko etc and have it printed, but I would only do that in an emergency.

Another possibility is to take your wireless laptop to Kinkos. Run the DD program on your own laptop and then pull your laptop into one of there printers.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.