Notary Rotary
fax backs
Notary Discussion History

fax backs
Go Back to September, 2006 Index

Posted by Bonnie Frederikson on 9/19/06 12:07pm
Msg #146942

fax backs

I was given a first and second signing this past week end. But I had to fax back 20-25 pages. Instead of putting them all back in order, I just laid them on top of the docs. The title company called me and told me not to do that again, stating that it took too much time putting it back together. But it's ok for me to do it??? Can I have opinions pls...

Reply by Calnotary on 9/19/06 12:12pm
Msg #146945

Like always our time is worth cero for them, but their time is very valuable.

Reply by Brad_CA on 9/19/06 12:18pm
Msg #146946

Don't mess up that stacking order. LOL Maybe you should tell them not to require faxbacks again and they will not have that problem.

Reply by Regal/NC on 9/19/06 12:21pm
Msg #146948

When I negotiate my fee, if fax backs are required I just charge accordingly.

Reply by Barbara O on 9/19/06 1:04pm
Msg #146968

I alwys do exactly as you just said. Place them neatly on top of the rest of the package. I do make sure to put the mortgage back together, etc so that the three pages they usually have you send arent in different parts of the package. Easy enough - just place the "center" of the mortgage to the side and then when you are done faxing, put it back together and place it on top. I do that with anything that requires me to send only one or two pages of a document (Mortgage, Note, etc). Alot of my signings, the borrower is asking "where is this form? where is that form?" so the order gets messed up anyway because I am pulling things from the middle of the stack to reassure the borrower. It is the final closer's job to organize the loan package - they were probably just made you made extra work for them. I've never had a complaint.

Reply by Tina_MA on 9/19/06 2:19pm
Msg #146982

Charge according for fax backs (remember your time and equipment use).

That way you won't mind putting the docs back in order.

Reply by MistarellaFL on 9/19/06 3:03pm
Msg #146988

Most TC's don't seem to mind if I place them on top, but with the certain companies that do, I place sticky notes at the pages they should be returned to.

Reply by Scott_IN on 9/19/06 3:39pm
Msg #146995

Re: fax backs pain in the neck

I have encountered the same thing, now I place a sticky note on the page before each page that I"m faxing back, with the name of the page(s) I pulled. I try to remember the companies that require a bunch of fax backs, and charge a little extra to cover this extra time.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.