Notary Rotary
fee opinion ??
Notary Discussion History

fee opinion ??
Go Back to September, 2006 Index

Posted by Rhonda Skansi on 9/15/06 4:42pm
Msg #146419

fee opinion ??

Did a closing last night for SS with overnight docs. The title company called today and said that they failed to include a quick-claim deed and want me to go out again for borrowers to sign. The title company just wants me to send invoice to them with deed, for the fee on this extra trip. It was a 40 minute drive 1-way. Any opinions on what a reasonable fee would be?

Reply by Charm_AL on 9/15/06 4:49pm
Msg #146421

this is your own decision...Some charge a trip fee for an extra doc...(for yourself) what's your reg rate for travel? Is it a company that you have a good repor with? lot's of determining factors in play here.

Reply by Roger_OH on 9/15/06 4:56pm
Msg #146422

If you value your relationship with the SS, then I'd advise them of the TC request. In this situation, the TC should really have gone thru them since it was addition to the same signing.

Reply by Genkichan on 9/15/06 5:18pm
Msg #146425

Probably between $50-75.00 just because of the time involved. Or can you get the client to meet you half way and keep your fee a little lower. And no, you don't have to bring the ss back into the loop, IMO.

Reply by Roger_OH on 9/15/06 8:55pm
Msg #146448

Gotta disagree on that...

If the SS finds out you dealt with the TC directly involving a borrower signing they handled, and that you were PAID DIRECTLY by the TC, they will likely never use you again. It might even be considered a violation of your contract to do so directly, assuming you have one.

That's why I said to consider how much you value that relationship; if you do, let them know. On the other hand, if the SS boots you and the TC picks you up, then more power to you.

Reply by Bob_Chicago on 9/15/06 11:08pm
Msg #146460

Concur with Roger. It is the same xtion. And BTW, not to ...

nit pick , but it is a QUIT claim deed.
Calling it a "quick" claim deed makes one sound like
a raw rookie, especially if you are talking to a TC.
A quit claim deed conveys what ever rights the signer (Grantor[s])
has in the property. (Frequently called "PIQ" for "Property
in question"
Frequnetly used to add someone to title, get someone off title or
to clear up a name change. (Eg: Bill Jones and Suzi Smith buy a house and
later get married. (This used to be called "Living in Sin" back in
pre-historic times) Bill and Suzi convey by QCD to Bill Jones and Suzi Jones.
Suzi ,hopefully, still has an ID that says Suzi Smith , but that is a whole
different issue.

Reply by Blueink_CA on 9/15/06 11:43pm
Msg #146463

I don't see this as the same

xtion (whatever that is). Rhonda completed an assignment from the SS and now the TC has given her another job. If the TC wanted to call the SS, they would have. I'm sure they have their reasons. JMO

Reply by Ndwa on 9/15/06 11:57pm
Msg #146466

Re: I don't see this as the same

TC knew that to involve SS to handle a QCD is not justifiable or that the SS got the signing through relationship with a lender/broker.

Reply by Rhonda Skansi on 9/16/06 3:32am
Msg #146487

Roger, you got me! My in-laws QUIT claimed our property to us! Duh! It just sounds like "quick claim" ha!

Reply by Rhonda Skansi on 9/16/06 3:53am
Msg #146489

and its just so quick! 1 signature! ok, i'll let it go nowSmile. just kidding

Reply by Gary_CA on 9/17/06 6:54pm
Msg #146645

Charge 'em $75 due in 90

and tell 'em if you get 3 signings in the next 90 days they can forgetaboutit.

Just kidding... TC's are worse than CPA's they'd never know how to account for something like that.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.