has this happened to you?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2006 Index

Posted by Ali/IL on 9/12/06 7:27pm
Msg #145629

Today I was supposed to do a signing.

I told signing service that I needed docs by a certain time because I had other commitements plus I was dealing with the flu.The docs didn't arrive by that time so I went on to my other appointments. Docs were emailed later. I did email them at the time and told them that I could no longer do it.
Now, I am getting call after call from the borrower. He turned out to be a loan officer. He told me that signing service called and said would send someone else out. I told him yes they will do that. Then he went on to say that that is why he doesn't like to use hispanic people but, he thought that he would give one an opportunity. I said are you discriminating against me. You shouldn't do that.
Then call was disconnected I don't know if he hung up. But, now he is calling and calling.
What could be the consequences now for me?

Reply by Teddog/CO on 9/12/06 7:48pm
Msg #145636

Ali,

Sorry to hear you had such an experience. My opinion is you did what you should of , you let the company know you needed the docs by a certain time and they simply didn't get them to you in a timely manner. You did the right thing by emailing them so they could get someone else. The Bwr/LO sounds like he's a little "loosely" wrapped (if you get my meaning) Nuts is such an ugly word. Just call the ss and tell them the goof ball is harassing you. I don't see any reason why you should suffer any consequences. SS are very used to last minute changes, that's their job. As for the Bwr/LO's comments to you were at best unnecessary and in VERY poor taste. Gee! Bet he sells a lot of loans, Not.

Don't worry ! The sun will rise tommorrow and a brand new day will start.

My best to you.

Reply by BrendaTx on 9/12/06 7:52pm
Msg #145637

Yep. Pretty low comment on the Hispanic mention. I think that was waaaay out of line. Obviously, he has an attitude about notaries--not just you. That was bully talk.

Forget it.

Reply by Ali/IL on 9/12/06 7:55pm
Msg #145640

As an after thought I wondered, he must not have too much respect for himself for he is also hispanic.

Reply by Teddog/CO on 9/12/06 7:58pm
Msg #145641

See what I mean "Nuts" LOL Just blow it off and have a great evening. If you are not working tonight - watch House on Fox - new episode ! After his problems ours are a cake-walk. lol

Keep the shiny side-up kiddo !

Reply by Bonnie Frederikson on 9/12/06 8:20pm
Msg #145643

Ali, I'm also in IL

Ali, what part of IL. do you cover?

Reply by Ali/IL on 9/12/06 8:36pm
Msg #145648

Re: Ali, I'm also in IL

Northeast Illinois and southern Wisconsin.

Reply by Gary_CA on 9/13/06 2:57am
Msg #145684

When we get a LO like that in CA...

le mandamos a la Chicago...

that's how he got where you are in Illinois.

Don't worry, the dudes got no class (ain't got no mother either).

Reply by ReneeK_MI on 9/13/06 5:14am
Msg #145686

all other things aside - working w/ the flu?

My own opinion is that it would be disrespectful at least, and potentially quite harmful in certain situations to expose other people and their homes (and entire families) to the flu.

Harmful to the elderly, the very young, anyone w/ a compromised immune system (on chemo, for example). The "flu" being quite the catch-all phrase for symptoms of what can be anything from food poisoning to West Nile - this is just not something to impose upon other people and their homes.

Reply by Ali/IL on 9/13/06 3:10pm
Msg #145799

Re: all other things aside - working w/ the flu?

Ok Reneek I am staying home for the next couple of days.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.