Notary Rotary
help for a newbie
Notary Discussion History

help for a newbie
Go Back to September, 2006 Index

Posted by ericashaw on 9/22/06 2:59pm
Msg #147836

help for a newbie

I know this is you alls favorite thing to help with but I have been reading on here for a while so please be nice. We have been doing signings, my wife and I, (she does the signings, I do the printing) for almost a year. We are starting to get busier and my wife cannot do all the signings sometimes. I have another job but if the company calls our business with her as the contact, if I became a notary, could I do the signings for our business that they call her for? I know some of you will be mean for asking stupid questions but I did search and found nothing about that subject.

Reply by Tracy_ME on 9/22/06 3:08pm
Msg #147839

My husband became a notary and has completed a few signings for me. Initially I would ask if it would be ok for me to bring another notary in training to watch me do the sigining. It did not seem to be a problem for TC/SS or borrowers. (I always asked the borrower too. ). As my husband became more confident, I explained that he would do the signing and I would "supervise". Again - no problem. Eventually he began doing them on his own.
He typically only does them if I am out of town but once in a while we will need to do 2 at the same time. We are in a very rural area.

We didi have to submit his notary commission to many companies and had to ad him to the E & O ins. I have all companies pay me - he is my subcontractor. Good Luck!

Reply by James Yeargan on 9/22/06 3:10pm
Msg #147841

I would tell the company that you and your wife work together, and that she is busy but you'd be happy to do the signing. If they don't have a problem with it everything should be fine. Just let them know up front so they don't get surprised when they see your name on the docs instead of hers.

Sincerely,
Jim

Reply by Erica Shaw Above All Signing Service on 9/22/06 3:15pm
Msg #147842

Thanks that is basically what I was wondering is what the "rules" were if they were actually calling for her, how could someone else do the signing. Thanks again, Adam

Reply by Susan Hauxhurst on 9/22/06 4:31pm
Msg #147864

Again, just check with whomever is calling if it is ok for you to do the signings. Good Luck.

Reply by Glenn Strickler on 9/22/06 7:18pm
Msg #147901

Congratulations on being busy enough to need more help.

Should not be a problem. I know several couples that did the exact same thing without a problem

Reply by MichiganAl on 9/22/06 11:56pm
Msg #147962

As long as you're up front about it, most companies are fine with it.

Reply by ericashaw on 9/25/06 11:31am
Msg #148358

Thanks for all your input, and thanks for the support

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.