Notary Rotary
here's a doooozy
Notary Discussion History

here's a doooozy
Go Back to September, 2006 Index

Posted by MasterCloser on 9/23/06 5:36am
Msg #147986

here's a doooozy

was asked THREE TIMES yesterday to do a closing ONE HOUR FROM WHEN I GOT THE CALL....when I informed all 3 ss's that I need more lead time,,,,they asked me to do the closing Monday but please BACKDATE the loans,,,,,,NOT!!!! They all said quite empathetically " I understand" I hope that the PA Notary who agrees to doing something like this LOSES THEIR COMMISSION!

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 9/23/06 9:24am
Msg #148010

Re: here's a doooozy...got ya beat!

I got a call while in the grocery store yesterday at 3:20 pm for a signing at 4:00!! Needless to say, I didn't do that one..<G>

Reply by MasterCloser on 9/23/06 10:25am
Msg #148049

do these ss's think we have a printer attached to our back? or in our cars? get real please....
I need 4 hours lead time MINIMUM for those unforseen problems...dell1710n JAMMING, no til or hud with docs.....happened the other day had to call and ask innocently: " Is there a til and a hud for this loan?" LOL Every day continues to amaze me and if another ss asks me to back date I will scold them scathingly!

Reply by Becca_FL on 9/23/06 10:32am
Msg #148056

Well, I DO have two printers in my car and have for a year now. The key to last minute, big buck signings is to be flexible. Having a mobile office gives me great flexibility.

Reply by Gary_CA on 9/23/06 10:25am
Msg #148051

Why not???

Some grocery stores have a bench to sit on in front... and you can sign on the back of your MoJo if you've got a hardback.

NaNa

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 9/23/06 10:35am
Msg #148059

Re: Why not???

Sure = if the client was coming to me - and going to stop at my house to get the docs - but you know that wasn't the case..Smile

Reply by Gary_CA on 9/23/06 12:20pm
Msg #148082

Don't read, just sign, my ice cream's meltin' n/m

Reply by hcampersFL on 9/23/06 10:00am
Msg #148035

I don't understand. Why was one hour the problem? Did they have the doc's? Were you in another appt.? Could they not be flexible with the time?

I've had tons of calls for signings in an hour. I make that work for me. Last minute signings=$$$.

When I get those calls and I take them, I call the BR and confirm and get their schedule and let them know I haven't got the doc's or do have them. Drive time will be approxamately xxx time and will that be okay.

Now all that being said, if they tell me they have the docs and they lie all bets are off. I put them at the back of the line and call the BR to inform them I don't have the doc etc and I will call them when I get the docs to reschedule. If they have a problem I tell them to call their LO.

Beverly

Reply by Becca_FL on 9/23/06 10:25am
Msg #148050

I'm with you, Bev. I take the last minute calls and let it work to my advantage $$$. Either they meet my fee or they get back on the phone for the Notary auction. I always wish them luck, though.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 9/23/06 10:33am
Msg #148057

I understand what you're saying and sort of agree - but all the money in the world isn't going to do any good if you agree to a time and can't be there on time - that really isn't good from a professional standpoint and being late for appointments is not really good business practice, is it?

Reply by Becca_FL on 9/23/06 10:43am
Msg #148065

When I get last minute closings I call the borrower and find out what their schedule is and let them know we are at the mercy of the documents arrival. I let the brw know that I will call them when I receive docs and again when docs are printed and I'm out the door. Most folks are flexible and frankly the TC/SS/LO could care less, as long as the loan closes. 4pm does not always mean 4pm; sometimes it means 6:30. JMHO Smile

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 9/23/06 11:50am
Msg #148077

<< 4pm does not always mean 4pm; sometimes it means 6:30.>>

Usually yes - but this time they specifically said No - it has to go by 4

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 9/23/06 10:30am
Msg #148054

I did offer to do it if they'd change the time to a little later - I was half an hour away from home - it would have been physically impossible for me to be there in 40 minutes. They refused the later time - had to be done by 4:00 for whatever reason - maybe borrowers going away for weekend, I don't know.

IF I'm sitting at my desk and can get docs immediately, an hour (especially for this particular signing location yeterday) would have been possible - not preferable but possible - I may have been a few minutes late but I'd have okay'ed that with the borrower. However, as was the case yesterday, I'm 30 minutes from home, at least 30 minutes from signing location - that's an hour WITHOUT receiving confirmation and printing docs - physically impossible to be on time and I think the company was very unreasonable in not giving me a bit more breathing room.

I personally have to allow 45-60 minutes lead time just because of my remote location. If I don't have docs and am walking out the door at least 45 minutes to an hour ahead of the appointment time I'm going to be late - there's no way around it.

Reply by BetsyMI on 9/23/06 1:04pm
Msg #148089

I'm with you Linda. I hate those calls that want you to be somewhere in an hour, edocs in hand. I just don't move that fast. It may be big bucks, as some have indicated, but I prefer to have my sanity and less stress.

Reply by christiSocal on 9/23/06 11:50pm
Msg #148174

how bout 3 hours notice

and their willing to pay a whole 60$ including edocs! My response 60$? you mean 6--0$ chuckle chuckle. my minimum would be 1xx. You woulda thought I said 1xxx. The lady kind of gasped and said "I'll see if i can get that much approved and call you back". Oh, well I really didn't want another one anyway. I had to pick up my boys, they just got snipped at the vet. But they have forgiven me, got 1 purring in my lap now. Wink

Reply by lenelle/FL on 9/24/06 8:15am
Msg #148194

I'm with Becca and Bev - you have to be flexible and although the signing may be for 4pm, when the docs get to you is not under your control. The borrowers more than not understand that it is not your professionalism under question but part of the process. Last minutes are great ways to earn more money and also the SS's or TC's also find that you have 'saved" them again and will be the first one that they call when it is not a rush!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.