Notary Discussion History

here's a good piece of advice...
Go Back to September, 2006 Index

Posted by Charm_AL on 9/7/06 11:39am
Msg #144153

here's a good piece of advice...

To myself anyway!

9 months into the year already!
Last year at tax time, I put myself and hubby thru hell week trying to get all the T's crossed and I's dotted. Being self employed was new to me.

Use down time to stay on top of your files and organization of all your B expenses, etc. It's amazing how quick things pile up when you're not looking everyday Smile

Reply by Winston_Tn on 9/7/06 11:45am
Msg #144157

I would love to provide comment on this, but alas, I am over my NR response quota.

pssssst ( but it sounds like a great idea )

Reply by Charm_AL on 9/7/06 11:48am
Msg #144158

don't you have to go to lunch or something?

I'm over my quota too...and I'm taking my act on the road.

Reply by Gary_CA on 9/7/06 11:50am
Msg #144160

Who has time?

to worry about next year's taxes????

2005 extension is due 10/15...

It's hard to remember that you were supposed to drain the swamp when you're up to your butt in alligators!

Great advice, thanks... maybe I will...

Reply by Diga2Lin/FL on 9/7/06 12:07pm
Msg #144165

Being that I'm just starting out I have more bookkeeping than I care to think about - I've set aside all my receipts for all my purchase but still need to get them organized for tax time. I bought Quicken and hope that will help - just need to sit down someday and apply myself - "today it will be done!!"...yeah..right..<G>

Reply by Joan Bergstrom on 9/7/06 1:40pm
Msg #144191

I like Quicken Home & Business

You can Invoice off it and it also has a mileage tracker. I think it is pretty user friendly compared to Quick Books.

Reply by Diga2Lin/FL on 9/7/06 4:53pm
Msg #144257

Re: I like Quicken Home & Business

I've never used software for my personal acconts - always reconciled them by hand - this whole Quicken thing should be interesting..Smile...brace yourselves for my "Quickie Quicken Questions"...<G>

Reply by ReneeK_MI on 9/8/06 3:41am
Msg #144397

I LOVE Quicken H/B! Started using Quicken ... maybe 12 years ago? The Quickbooks version could run GM - way beyond our needs. Home & Business version is awesome, has all the bells and whistles I could want, keeps all my biz data organized and linked, makes taxes a breeze.

The trick is putting some planning into setting up the "categories" before you start inputting. Read the list of write-off descriptions directly from the IRS's list - and set your categories up appropriately. THAT helps a lot when you're doing your taxes.

Reply by Diga2Lin/FL on 9/8/06 12:38pm
Msg #144519

Thanks!!...I will..Smile

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.