Notary Rotary
is it just me or .....is it alway this slow at the beginning
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2006 Index

Posted by MasterCloser on 9/29/06 2:20pm
Msg #149314

of the month? I have been active since late July....yes it took me 7 months to get rolling,,,,,countless websites...fingers bloody (not literally!) from all the typing in the info.......many fax toner units used up from faxing the agreements,,,,W9's etc......I can be much busier though.......time will tell I suppose........this post does not include any statements about interest rates and other negative things,,,,,I wont be doing that again!
Have a great weekend everyone!

Reply by Charm_AL on 9/29/06 2:27pm
Msg #149315

it was for me when I started...however, over the last 7-8 months I get the busy first week followed by a trickle during the month and then slammed to the max at EOM. I'm dreaming this stuff now.

Reply by BetsyMI on 9/29/06 2:32pm
Msg #149316

I think it depends on the area. I had a healthy EOM week and I already have 5 appointments scheduled for early next week.

But I do have weeks where I get concerned because the phone isn't ringing...although that happens less and less. Now I just look at those times as a well deserved mini "vacation".

You say you've been in this 7 months. But it may take longer than that in some areas to develop your customer base. It took me several years to feel comfortable with the amount of business coming in each month. Now at three years, I'm getting double the number of calls in a month that I was getting a year ago.

Reply by Charm_AL on 9/29/06 2:37pm
Msg #149317

Betsy - I never thought I would welcome a cancelation like I have today! This by far has been the best month since I started and that 'mini vacation' is most welcome at this point. I've been running myself to death! I'm not even going to answer the phone today for fear someone wants me tommorrow or tonight. I think I went thru a case of paper between this and last week. I am so looking forward to sitting down tonight in front of the tube and not moving!
So glad we got this network to handle the calls one may not be able to take.

Reply by BetsyMI on 9/29/06 2:40pm
Msg #149318

Hi Charm,

I can relate to the joy of a cancellation...LOL.

I turned down FOUR signings for tonight so that I could take a weekend trip. Felt bad for...ohhh....a minute? I had such a good previous two weeks that I just don't care.

Enjoy your night in front of the tube. Are you having crab tonight? I'll bet not.

Betsy

Reply by Charm_AL on 9/29/06 2:46pm
Msg #149322

no crab but we are planning to feast on pork shoulder (the tastiest most tender) and sauerkraut with taters...I've had to smell it slo-cook all day. Smile

Reply by BetsyMI on 9/29/06 2:53pm
Msg #149326

Charm, you must be one good cook! n/m

Reply by Charm_AL on 9/29/06 2:54pm
Msg #149328

Re: Charm, you must be one good cook!

well....I like to eat LOL - somebody's gotta feed me! my taste buds are my finest attribute

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 9/29/06 2:44pm
Msg #149321

Re: is it just me or .....is it alway this slow.. NOT ME!!

Considering I basically just started out 2 months ago I've been getting calls left and right this week - and virtually no arguing my fee

Guess I should hush while I'm ahead, huh?.Smile

Reply by PJM/MI on 9/29/06 3:13pm
Msg #149337

Re: is it just me or .....is it alway this slow at the begin

Hang in there! It all depends where you're located, other closers in your area, and how many companies you're signed up with.
I did 23 closings last week, and this week they are trickling in. I've got 'em booked for next week, and tomorrow will be my 16th Saturday in a row to work.

Reply by notarybycony on 9/29/06 3:37pm
Msg #149342

Re: is it just me or .....is it alway this slow at the begin

I also started in July and the first month was just a lot of time for me to setup website and fax contracts, and signup with loan signing agencies, but in the last couple of weeks I gotten calls trickling through. I do hope businesses will pickup.

BTW anyone received phone calls that are a recording stating they are looking to assign jobs to a mobile notary? The recording asks you to press 1 if you are willing to accept an assignment. I didn't know who or where this came from therefore i hang up.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.