Notary Rotary
little help
Notary Discussion History

little help
Go Back to September, 2006 Index

Posted by ericashaw on 9/27/06 2:50pm
Msg #148863

little help

Long story short, I leave the house at 5:55pm, I get an email at 6:02 from the TC saying that even though the husband was not on the RTC, he still needed to sign it anyway. They want me to get it signed today before I send the the package. They have said nothing about paying me additional fees, it is 27 miles out there. What should my fee be to sign one document. They also should not expect me to do it for free when they know it was not my fault should they?

Reply by Jersey_Boy on 9/27/06 2:56pm
Msg #148867

you're fees are you're fees. I'd probably charge anywhere from 40-50 bucks, UNLESS it was one of my A++ clients. If that were the case, I'd probably go back out for nothing but I'd be sure to tell them that I'm cutting them a break.

I've done this in the past with one of my best clients (went back out to fix their error at my expense) but it paid off because my business with them doubled after that. People appreciate the little things.

Reply by Sherri_mo on 9/27/06 3:25pm
Msg #148881

I don't know what state you are in but in our state and the other states that I am familiar with, signing the RTC by the spouse would be an automatic requirement.

Reply by hcampersFL on 9/27/06 3:43pm
Msg #148886

I think that you should have asked about the RTC before going to the assignment. If you got their and he wasn't on it you should have called TC to see what requirements they had.
I would say this one is on you.

Reply by Merry_CA on 9/27/06 4:48pm
Msg #148904

I agree. Go to www.pawnotary.com and download some sample docs. Start studying lots of different sample loan documents. Do a search here on NotRot and you will find many leads. What happened to you comes from not knowing when a red flag is flying and to call whomever contracted with you. This is NSA 101 and "this one is on you."

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.