Notary Rotary
non-borrowing spouse
Notary Discussion History

non-borrowing spouse
Go Back to September, 2006 Index

Posted by yani_fl on 9/1/06 9:07am
Msg #142812

non-borrowing spouse

closing last night with a non-borrowing spouse. TC said to have NBS sign mortgage, TIL, HUD, all riders and every doc where her name appears... Mortgage has wife's name in the opening paragraph does not have a signature line for her neither does TIL. I had wife sign all docs that TC told me to whether there was a signature line or not. Was I wrong? TIA

Reply by Bob_Chicago on 9/1/06 9:23am
Msg #142821

You done good N/M n/m

Reply by yani_fl on 9/1/06 9:26am
Msg #142823

Thanks guys

I was getting nervous, but you guys are great you put me at ease.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 9/1/06 9:24am
Msg #142822

No you were not wrong. The mortgage and any riders to the mortgage, the TIL and the RTC are normally signed by the non-borrowing spouse. The TC has instructed you to have the NOB sign and so you are correct in following the TC's instructions.

Reply by Notary_OH on 9/1/06 11:16am
Msg #142860

Good job.

Correct me if I am wrong, but usually the NBS must also sign the "Document Correction and Fees Due" agreement.

Reply by Teresa/FL on 9/1/06 11:54am
Msg #142872

**Correct me if I am wrong, but usually the NBS must also sign the "Document Correction and Fees Due" agreement.**

If it's a Countrywide/Full Spectrum loan, that is correct. Some other lenders also have the NBS sign a Correction Agreement also.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.